Best graphics card UK
Which is the best graphics card 2023?VIEW OFFER
The 10 best graphics cards to buy in the UK
The top 10 list of the best graphics cards lists various brands and prices
Review10Best compares the best graphics cards in the UK and selects the one by MSI as the best graphics card. In a graphics card buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different graphics cards and see a recommendation on which graphics card to buy in the UK in 2023. By considering the top list of graphics cards, you can find the best graphics cards and save time shopping online.
- Read the ultimate graphics card buying guide
- View the graphics card picks and see how they rank in the top list
Best graphics cards: A complete buying guide
All you need to know before buying a great graphics card
Every desktop computer requires a graphics card, and like all computer hardware, there comes a time when you need or want to upgrade your graphics card. Choosing the best graphics card to upgrade your computer can be rather difficult, as there are many options out there and many things to take into consideration. This is also true for anyone building a computer, as the type of graphics card plays a big part in the overall performance of the computer. So, it’s safe to say that a good bit of research is highly recommended for anyone looking for a new graphics card.
Are you looking for the best graphics cards? Then check out the handy buying guide below.
What are graphics cards?
A graphics card is a piece of computing hardware that controls the output to the monitor. It works by converting data into an understandable signal for the monitor, providing a display for the computer. The best graphics cards allow computers to produce the best possible images and graphics. They are important for various functions on a computer, including playing video games and editing video content.
Why should you buy a good graphics card?
Every computer requires a graphics card to display images through the monitor, so most people buying one do so to upgrade their current graphics card which may be outdated. The best graphics cards are needed to play the most recent video games and for the latest video editing software, so anyone that is passionate about either of these may need to upgrade their graphics card every few years.
A great graphics card significantly improves the visual output of any computer, so you may need it to play recent games on your PC or to make video editing quicker and more efficient.
How to choose the right graphics card?
Like shopping for any computer hardware, choosing the best graphics card can be quite difficult if you don’t know much about computers. However, most of it is easy enough to understand with a little research, so be sure to consider some of the following aspects:
- Current Hardware: It’s important to know about your current computer hardware before you start looking for a new graphics card, as this will impact what you can buy and what won’t be compatible. You need to know the specifications of the motherboard, CPU, RAM, power supply, and your current graphics card. There are downloadable programs that can scan your computer if you don’t know any of this. Then, start checking what graphics cards are compatible with your current hardware, as this will greatly narrow down your options and save you wasting money on an expensive graphics card that won’t work in your current setup.
- RAM: The best graphics cards require enough memory to operate, which means most newer products need at least 8GB of RAM. A good way to see if you have enough RAM for a new graphics card is to compare your current RAM against that of the graphics card. It’s recommended that you should have double the system memory as the memory on the graphics card, known as VRAM. For example, if you buy an 8GB graphics card, then you need 16GB of RAM. Of course, you can use less than double the amount should you want to, but it may impact the performance.
- Budget: There’s not getting the fact that graphics cards are expensive. However, it is possible to get a great graphics card for a reasonable price, although it will likely be a few years old and not as powerful as the latest hardware. Setting a reasonable budget is highly recommended, as you have a clear understanding of what graphics cards are in your price range, making it easier to choose a suitable one for your computer. With that said, unless you want to play the most recent video games at maximum capacity or work in video editing, you probably don’t need the latest graphics card. It may be more important when building a new computer from scratch, as you will need a new graphics card and might want to invest in one that can last for some time.
What is the best kind of graphics card in the UK?
While there are many different graphic cards out there, they fall into four distinct categories:
- Integrated Graphics Cards: These graphics cards are part of the motherboard, and are found prebuilt in most standard computers and laptops. Unless you play games or use video editing software, an integrated graphics card should be a fine choice.
- PCI Graphics Cards: PCI graphics cards are among the most dated, being connected to the motherboard via PCI slots. As they are found mostly on older motherboards, they are only necessary for anyone upgrading an older computer with PCI slots.
- AGP Graphics Cards: AGP graphics cards are somewhat dated, having been pioneered in the early 2000s. So, as they are newer than PCI graphics cards, they will be mostly compatible with older PCs, with most modern motherboards not featuring the compatible slots.
- PCI-E Graphics Cards: The best graphics cards currently available are PCI-E hardware. They connect to PCI-E slots which are featured in all the latest motherboards and provide the most advanced graphics to date.
Top 10 list of graphics cards in the UK (June 2023)
The bestseller list compares brands and their graphics cards. Which graphics card is the best?
- A clean-looking texturized backplate reinforces the length of the card
- The award-winning MSI TORX Fan 3.0 design creates high static pressure and pushes…
- Now built with a dual fan design, VENTUS proudly displays its sharp industrial aesthetic…
- NOTE:Packaging may vary
- Core Clocks - Boost: 902 MHz
- Thermal pads beneath the sturdy metal backplate provide additional cooling.
- Don't sweat it, Airflow Control guides the air to exactly where it needs to…
- Precision-machined heat pipes ensure max contact and spread heat along the full length…
- Support DirectX 12, Vulkan, Shader Model 5.0, OpenGL 4.6/4.5, 4K Video Decode &…
- 5 full digital video output, HDMI+3*DP+DVI for multi monitors extend.
- Metal backplate installed reducing the risk of graphics card deformation.
- 480 Stream Processor Unit: 480 stream processor unit, PCB, Aluminum Alloy and ABS…
- Cooling Fan: No additional power supply required, all solidly capacitors ensure low…
- Interface: PCI Express X16 2.1 graphics card slot for high performance gaming graphics…
- Axial-tech fan design has been newly tuned with a reversed central fan direction…
- Get up to 2X the throughput with structural sparsity and advanced AI algorithms such…
- Experience 2X the throughput of 1st gen RT Cores, plus concurrent RT and shading…
- Protective back plate
- 200 mm compact card size
- WINDFORCE 2X Cooling System with alternate spinning fans
- 4 Years Warranty (Online registration required)
- Protective metal back plate
- WINDFORCE 3X Cooling System with alternate spinning fans RGB Fusion 2.0
- DisplayPort x 3 / HDMI x 1
- NVIDIA G-SYNC and HDR : get smooth, tear-free gameplay at refresh rates up to 240…
- With MSI Afterburner Overclocking software, you can customise fan profiles, benchmarking…
- Easy to install: Plug and play - no cables from the power supply are needed
- HDMI x4: Supports up to four high-definition displays for enhanced multitasking and…
- Super quite: Silent passive cooling is perfect for quite home theater PCs and multimedia…
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best graphics cards, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a graphics card test. Last Update: 2023/06/04.