Review10Best compares the best graphics cards in the UK and selects the one by MSI as the best graphics card. In a graphics card buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different graphics cards and see a recommendation on which graphics card to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of graphics cards, you can find the best graphics cards and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate graphics card buying guide
- View the graphics card picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Every desktop computer requires a graphics card, and like all computer hardware, there comes a time when you need or want to upgrade your graphics card. Choosing the best graphics card to upgrade your computer can be rather difficult, as there are many options out there and many things to take into consideration. This is also true for anyone building a computer, as the type of graphics card plays a big part in the overall performance of the computer. So, it’s safe to say that a good bit of research is highly recommended for anyone looking for a new graphics card.
Are you looking for the best graphics cards? Then check out the handy buying guide below.
What are graphics cards?
A graphics card is a piece of computing hardware that controls the output to the monitor. It works by converting data into an understandable signal for the monitor, providing a display for the computer. The best graphics cards allow computers to produce the best possible images and graphics. They are important for various functions on a computer, including playing video games and editing video content.
Why should you buy a good graphics card?
Every computer requires a graphics card to display images through the monitor, so most people buying one do so to upgrade their current graphics card which may be outdated. The best graphics cards are needed to play the most recent video games and for the latest video editing software, so anyone that is passionate about either of these may need to upgrade their graphics card every few years.
A great graphics card significantly improves the visual output of any computer, so you may need it to play recent games on your PC or to make video editing quicker and more efficient.
How to choose the right graphics card?
Like shopping for any computer hardware, choosing the best graphics card can be quite difficult if you don’t know much about computers. However, most of it is easy enough to understand with a little research, so be sure to consider some of the following aspects:
- Current Hardware: It’s important to know about your current computer hardware before you start looking for a new graphics card, as this will impact what you can buy and what won’t be compatible. You need to know the specifications of the motherboard, CPU, RAM, power supply, and your current graphics card. There are downloadable programs that can scan your computer if you don’t know any of this. Then, start checking what graphics cards are compatible with your current hardware, as this will greatly narrow down your options and save you wasting money on an expensive graphics card that won’t work in your current setup.
- RAM: The best graphics cards require enough memory to operate, which means most newer products need at least 8GB of RAM. A good way to see if you have enough RAM for a new graphics card is to compare your current RAM against that of the graphics card. It’s recommended that you should have double the system memory as the memory on the graphics card, known as VRAM. For example, if you buy an 8GB graphics card, then you need 16GB of RAM. Of course, you can use less than double the amount should you want to, but it may impact the performance.
- Budget: There’s not getting the fact that graphics cards are expensive. However, it is possible to get a great graphics card for a reasonable price, although it will likely be a few years old and not as powerful as the latest hardware. Setting a reasonable budget is highly recommended, as you have a clear understanding of what graphics cards are in your price range, making it easier to choose a suitable one for your computer. With that said, unless you want to play the most recent video games at maximum capacity or work in video editing, you probably don’t need the latest graphics card. It may be more important when building a new computer from scratch, as you will need a new graphics card and might want to invest in one that can last for some time.
What is the best kind of graphics card in the UK?
While there are many different graphic cards out there, they fall into four distinct categories:
- Integrated Graphics Cards: These graphics cards are part of the motherboard, and are found prebuilt in most standard computers and laptops. Unless you play games or use video editing software, an integrated graphics card should be a fine choice.
- PCI Graphics Cards: PCI graphics cards are among the most dated, being connected to the motherboard via PCI slots. As they are found mostly on older motherboards, they are only necessary for anyone upgrading an older computer with PCI slots.
- AGP Graphics Cards: AGP graphics cards are somewhat dated, having been pioneered in the early 2000s. So, as they are newer than PCI graphics cards, they will be mostly compatible with older PCs, with most modern motherboards not featuring the compatible slots.
- PCI-E Graphics Cards: The best graphics cards currently available are PCI-E hardware. They connect to PCI-E slots which are featured in all the latest motherboards and provide the most advanced graphics to date.
Top 10 list of graphics cards in the UK (January 2021)
The top 10 list shows how brands and their graphics cards compare. Which graphics card is the best?
- Low profile design saves more spaces. User can build slim or smaller system easi…
- Large heat sink covers the area of GPU and memory. Providing the best environment…
- 10 years ultra-long lifetime (under full load). Lower temperature and higher eff…
- Model number: GT710-SL-1GD5
- Industry only AUTO-EXTREME Technology, 100% full automation for best reliability…
- GPU Tweak II makes overclocking easier and more visual than ever with an intuitive,…
- NVIDIA G-SYNC - It will give you more than you want in a gaming experience
- Extended Heatsink Design - Extended PWM sink and improved circuit to ensure even…
- OC Performance: Oc graphics are equipped with higher clock speed for better perf…
- DisplayPort x 2 / HDMI x 2 / DL-DVI-D
- All Solid Capacitors : lower temperature and higher efficiency; aluminium core is…
- With MSI Afterburner Overclocking software, you can customise fan profiles, benchmarking…
- WINDFORCE 2X with Blade Fan Design
- Dual-link DVI-D *1 , HDMI-2.0b*2 (Max Resolution: 4096x2160 @60 Hz), Display Port-1.4…
- Boost: 1442 MHz/ Base: 1328 MHz in OC Mode
- Dimensions : 18.4 x 11.1 x3.6 Centimeter
- Integrated with 2GB GDDR5 64bit memory
- Game Ready Drivers / NVIDIA GPU Boost 3.0
- NVIDIA ANSEL for a revolutionary new way to capture in-game screenshots, Dual-ball…
- GPU Tweak II with XSplit Gamecaster provides intuitive performance tweaking and real-time…
- Industry Only Auto-Extreme Technology with Super Alloy Power II delivers premium…
- Industry Only Auto-Extreme technology with super alloy power II delivers premium…
- Easy plug and play gaming with no extra power supply needed
- IP5X-certified fans are dust resistant for longer fan lifespan
- RGB Fusion 2.0
- WINDFORCE 3X Cooling System with alternate spinning fans
- 3rd Generation Tensor Cores: Get up to 2X the throughput with structural sparsity…
* Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a graphics card test. Last Update 2021/01/25 21:54 o'clock.