Review10Best compares the best guitars in the UK and selects the one by Martin Smith as the best guitar. In a guitar buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different guitars and see a recommendation on which guitar to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of guitars, you can find the best guitars and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate guitar buying guide
- View the guitar picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to guitars
SEE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
As one of the most versatile instruments ever made, it’s hard to determine what exactly is regarded as the best guitar. There are so many different makes and models of guitars that the best type is often down to the individual. For example, the best guitars for beginners will likely be different from good guitars for an experienced musicians. Thus, choosing the right guitar requires a lot thought.
What are guitars?
The guitar is a stringed instrument that can play a wide range of musical styles. Instantly recognizable, the guitar is one of the most played instruments available today, it is played by strumming or picking the guitar strings, thus producing different sounds depending on what note is played on the fretboard.
Why should you buy a good guitar?
Playing the guitar is a very enjoyable experience, whether playing individually or with other people. For many people producing music is one of life’s greatest pleasures. There are a lot of benefits to be gained from learning an instrument. Of course, the most obvious reason to buy the a guitar is to enjoy the simple pleasure of playing and creating music.
How to choose the right guitar?
The best guitar for one player isn’t going to be the right choice for the next player. Knowing what to look for in a guitar makes finding a suitable choice much easier. Further, you can use our advices any time you plan on buying a newer, better guitar down the line:
- Price: The best guitars, in terms of technical performance, are always going to quite expensive, but that doesn’t mean a more affordable option is the best choice for you. Beginners should always avoid spending too much on their first guitar just in case you don’t stick with it. Most guitars come in tiered price ranges, so entry-level models are great for people still learning as they sound great but don’t cost too much.
- Body Type: The body of a guitar refers to its overall shape, so it’s important to find one that is comfortable to play. For instance, acoustic guitars can have varying body depths, with some preferring shallow depths rather than thicker guitars. A good guitar shape is important as comfort level is one of the most influential things when learning and playing.
- Guitar Type: It’s a rather obvious thing to consider, but you want to decide whether the best guitar for you is an acoustic or an electric guitar. Both are played the same way and you can find both in similar price ranges. So it may be more down to the style of music you prefer and as well as what you find easier to play. Remember: All basic guitar techniques are teachable on any type of the guitar, so don’t believe the misconception that beginners should only buy acoustic guitars.
- Maintenance: Seasoned guitar players enjoy maintaining their instrument, but beginners probably won’t think the same. A guitar must be regularly tuned and restrung, so make sure you buy a model that isn’t too difficult to maintain as more specialized guitar models require a lot of work to care for.
What is the best kind of guitar in the UK?
Before choosing a guitar, check out the different types of guitars to see which one might be the better choice for you:
- Acoustic Guitar: There are actually many subcategories of acoustic guitars, including classical, archtop, steel-string and folk. Most beginners find a classical guitar as the best guitar to start with, although this may change depending on the main styles of music being played.
- Electric Guitar: Electric guitars feature pickups the convert vibrations from plucking into electrical signals, which are then played through a guitar amp or classic speaker. Because of this, electric guitar outputs can be easily adjusted using electronic devices to produce different sounds and effects. This is the best guitar for playing jazz, rock and roll, blues, and R&B.
Top 10 list of guitars in the UK (January 2021)
The top 10 list shows how brands and their guitars compare. Which guitar is the best?
- Guitar Accessories: Weather you are looking for a kids guitar or a guitar for adults,…
- Guitar Stand: For when you are not playing, the foldable guitar stand included in…
- Guitar Tuner: No acoustic guitar beginner kit would be complete without a guitar…
- Fantastic guitar package for beginners 11 years and above
- Lovely high gloss finish with pretty rosette design around sound hole
- Light gauge steel strings purposely selected to help beginners learn to play fas…
- Light natural finish with burgundy back and sides
- Features strap button on bottom of guitar
- Includes nylon gigbag with accessory pocket and shoulder straps
- Right Handed Guitar
- Martin Smith Guitars are Music Teacher Approved
- Suitable for ages 12 and above
- Elegant lightweight guitar perfect 11 year olds and above
- Light Natural Finish and burgundy back and sides
- Capo, Pick, and Bag included
- Guitar bag for travel use
- Digital clip-on guitar tuner with color lcd screen
- 20 watt amplifier with overdrive boost function and headphone output with guitar…
- Everything you need to start playing, High Quality Basswood Maple Body, S-S-S pickups,…
- Five-way pickup selector switch, three single coil pickups, two tone controls, and…
- Comes with a nylon carrying case perfect for traveling musicians and easy storage.Made…
* Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a guitar test. Last Update 2021/01/18 11:21 o'clock.
Other reviews related to guitars