Review10Best compares the best hair conditioners in the UK and selects the one by Creightons as the best hair conditioner. In a hair conditioner buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different hair conditioners and see a recommendation on which hair conditioner to buy in the UK in 2023. By considering the top list of hair conditioners, you can find the best hair conditioners and save time shopping online.
- Read the ultimate hair conditioner buying guide
- View the hair conditioner picks and see how they rank in the top list
Looking for soft and shiny hair that is free from frizz and tangles? Then you will need to find the best conditioner for your hair! This can be rather difficult however, with a myriad of options making it challenging to find a great hair conditioner, as we all have different requirements when it comes to our hair care.
To help you find the best hair conditioner that leaves your hair looking better than ever, check out the handy buying guide below.
What are hair conditioners?
Hair conditioner is a type of hair care product designed to restore moisture to the hair. While ingredients vary from each product, most conditioners contain a combination of silicones, oils, emollients, and detergents to clean and hydrate hair.
Why should you buy a good hair conditioner?
If you want to maintain healthy hair then a good hair conditioner is a must. The product helps to rehydrate hair, which becomes prone to drying and frizzing after being shampooed due to the detergents stripping away natural oils on the surface of our hair. Furthermore, hair conditioners provide a wide array of benefits to your hair, helping it become smoother and shinier, while being generally much easier to handle by making it less frizzy and prone to tangling. Also
How to choose the right hair conditioner?
Choosing hair care products can be difficult when there are so many options available. Here are some things to consider that can help you to find the best conditioners:
- Ingredients: Always check the ingredients in a conditioner to ensure they nurture your hair rather than damage it. Avoid things like alcohol while looking out for silicones (to help smoothen), amino acids (for strengthening), and mineral oils (for lasting protection).
- Hair Health: When choosing a hair conditioner you should consider your hairs overall health. For instance, those with dry or damaged hair benefit most from deep conditioners due to their added strength, helping to repair and moisturise hair to make it look and feel healthier. Limp and oily hair often doesn’t benefit from conditioners, while those using hair dyes need a suitable conditioner to help maintain vibrancy after shampooing.
- Hair Type: Also think about your hair type and try to choose a conditioner suitable for it. For example, flat or fine hair benefits from a volumizing conditioner for added texture, while anyone with thick or curly hair should choose a deep conditioner to help tame the frizz.
What is the best kind of hair conditioner in the UK?
There are several types of good hair conditioner available to buy, any of which may be the best choice for your hair. These include:
- Rinse-Out Conditioners: The most popular type of conditioner, a rinse-out conditioner is applied to the hair and left in for several minutes before being rinsed out with water. It is a versatile option that is suitable for most hair types, providing a good balance of moisture and protection.
- Deep Conditioners: This type of hair conditioner is much stronger than a rinse out conditioner, working deeper into the hair to provide added protection and moisture. It is the best hair conditioner for thick and curly hair that is prone to drying and frizzing, although it is not recommended for normal and oily hair as it can make it heavier and greasier.
- Leave-in Conditioners: The thinnest type of hair conditioner, it provides fast and effective moistening by using surfactants to produce a thin layer across the hair. This is applied after the shower and left in, being suitable for most hair types - especially those prone to tangling.
Top 10 list of hair conditioners in the UK (December 2023)
The bestseller list compares brands and their hair conditioners. Which hair conditioner is the best?
- This conditioner is perfect for dry hair that is in need of strength, shine and…
- moisture is replenished leaving hair silky soft and more manageable from root to…
- Infused with Moroccan Argan Oil & Silk proteins
- RECYCLABLE BOTTLE made with 100% recycled plastic (excluding pump and dyes)
- XL FORMAT 1-LITRE BOTTLE with a pump dispenser for easy use
- COMPLETE YOUR HAIR CARE ROUTINE with Pantene Grow Strong Shampoo
- With Tresemme professional hair care products, you can create your personal style…
- After shampooing with Tresemme 24 Hour Volume Shampoo, distribute 24 Hour Volume…
- Our hair care experts are at the forefront of science and safety – every ingredient…
- Use the entire argan oil of Morocco collection for best results
- Sulfate free hair conditioner
- Recommended for dry, damaged or frizzy hair
- Bed Head by Tigi Urban Antidotes Resurrection Conditioner is ideal for damaged hair…
- Leaves hair smooth and healthy
- Moisturises and conditions damaged hair
- Repairs damage|Gives hair strength and softness|Helps prevent future damage|Results…
- ZeroSulfate, 100% Vegan Formula
- Results after just one use
- Please check PAO (Period After Opening) symbol which denotes the product expiry time,…
- Apply to hair after shampoo, leave for 2-3 minutes, rinse.
- Your damaged, stressed out hair will be left soft, smooth and more manageable that…
- Natural Nourishment: 100% Vegan formula and made from 95% naturally derived ingredients.…
- Dry & Dull hair? Use our Intense Hydration Shampoo & Conditioner for deeply…
- 100% natural coconut oil: Made with natural oils to leave your hair hydrated and…
- Makes hair feel smooth, helps detangling and improves manageability
- Deeply nourishes damaged hair
- Visibly repairs signs of surface hair damage
- SuperFoods. Super-Charged. Super-Hair
- Aussie is recognized cruelty free by PETA
- Instant detangling for knotty, frizzy hair
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best hair conditioners, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a hair conditioner test. Last Update: 2023/12/01.