Review10Best compares the best hair dryers in the UK and selects the one by TRESemmé as the best hair dryer. In a hair dryer buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different hair dryers and see a recommendation on which hair dryer to buy in the UK in 2023. By considering the top list of hair dryers, you can find the best hair dryers and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate hair dryer buying guide
- View the hair dryer picks and see how they rank in the top list
A hair dryer is a fantastic device for drying and styling hair of every variety. With no shortage of options, finding the best hair dryer can take a bit of research, as it’s not always a case of buying the cheapest model available. In fact, with such competitive pricing, it’s certainly possible to find a great hair dryer for virtually every budget! Check out this helpful guide for finding the best hair dryers money can buy!
What are hair dryers?
A hair dryer is an electric device that dries hair by blowing air over it in order to evaporate the water. Most personal hair dryers are handheld devices that come with a number of settings, allowing control over how hot and powerful the air blows, while others carry additional features and add-ons to help style hair.
Why should you buy a good hair dryer?
As the best hair dryers on the market aren’t that expensive, they’re well worth investing in given the benefits they offer. For example, if you are in a rush and don’t have time to let your hair dry naturally, then a hair dryer is needed to speed the drying process.
Moreover, a hair dryer provides a significant amount of control over your hair. When drying naturally, it’s hard to style your hair into a desired shape or look, but when using a hair dryer, you can create a variety of hairstyles as needed.
How to choose the right hair dryer?
It is important to get the best hair dryer possible within your budget, as buying a cheap product will only make your hair harder to style, while also being more likely to break. Knowing what to look for should make finding the best hair dryer much easier, so here are a few things to consider:
- Power: A hair dryer’s power is measured in wattage, and a good rule of thumb is to get as much power as possible within your price range. Higher wattages work better on thicker hair, with professional hair dryers using upwards of 3000W, while a wattage of around 1800 is suitable for thinner hair.
- Settings: The more power settings, the more control over styling the hair, so be sure to consider this if you want to create certain looks with your dryer. A great hair dryer should come with several heat and power settings to allow complete control over drying and styling.
- Accessories: Not everyone using a hair dryer requires additional accessories, although they can certainly be useful for many. For example, nozzle attachments create less frizz when drying, while diffusers are good for producing a curlier hairstyle.
What is the best kind of hair dryer in the UK?
With many great hair dryers to choose from, it’s a good idea to know what types are best suited for certain kinds of hair, as it will allow you to get the most out of your hair dryer.
- Ceramic Hair Dryer: The best hair dryer for even heat distribution, they also don’t overheat as quickly as plastic models do, making them a fine choice for most people.
- Ionic Hair Dryer: Harnessing similar technology as hair straighteners, ionic hair dryers are fantastic for reducing frizz and providing added shine to hair. They’re also much quicker at drying in general, but often cost more as a result.
- Tourmaline Hair Dryer: Similar to ionic types, tourmaline hair dryers minimises frizz while also trapping moisture to leave hair looking and feeling healthier over time. They feature a coating of a semi-precious mineral inside which does increase the cost, but in terms of overall quality, it’s one of the best hair dryers available.
Top 10 list of hair dryers in the UK (January 2023)
The bestseller list compares brands and their hair dryers. Which hair dryer is the best?
- Concentrator nozzle
- Lightweight and compact
- Cool shot button
- Attention Do not use the diffuser at the highest heat level
- To create extra volume at the hair roots, keep your head upright and place the diffuser…
- If the unit is used in a bathroom, unplug it after use, as the proximity of water…
- 2.5m power cord
- 3 heat/ 2 speed settings plus a cool shot
- Ceramic technology for smoothing whilst drying
- 3-Year Limited Warranty
- Compact and lightweight designHanging loop For easy storage
- Smoothing Concentrator For precise drying and styling
- Removable, easy clean rear grille and hang up loop
- Concentrator, diffuser and cool shot function
- Three heat and two speed settings
- Less radiation load: the hair dryer does not overheat and protects against electromagnetic…
- 3 heat settings: adjustable temperature settings. Three heat settings (cold/warm/hot),…
- Super hair care: constant temperature and ionisation function for smooth styling…
- What You Will Get: 1*HappyGoo 2400W AC motor blow dryer with 2.5-meter cable, 1*diffuser,…
- 3 Concentrator & 1 Diffuser Attachments Smooth nozzles is perfect for customised…
- 2 Wind Speed & 3 Heating Levels & Cool Button 2 wind speeds and 3 heating…
- Quality Features: Cool-shot button sets your style. Easy-to-clean, removable filter.…
- Customise Your Settings: The Nanoe features 3 speed settings and 4 heat settings.…
- Includes Styling Attachments: The hair dryer with diffuser evenly distributes heat…
- Slim concentrator nozzle for precision styling
- 3 heat / 2 speed settings plus cool shot
- Lightweight for comfortable handling
- Noise Reduction Design & Perfect Gift Choice: This travel hair dryer features…
- 2 Concentrator & 1 Curl Diffuser Attachments: Three types of replacement accessories:…
- Ionic Hair Care & Constant Temperature Hair Care: This ionic hairdryer for women…
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best hair dryers, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a hair dryer test. Last Update: 2023/01/28.