Review10Best looks at the best hair dryers in the UK and selects the one by TRESemme as the best hair dryer. In a hair dryer buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different hair dryers and see a recommendation on which hair dryer to buy in the UK in 2020. By considering the top list of hair dryers, you can find the best hair dryers and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate hair dryer buying guide
- View the hair dryer picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about hair dryers
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
A hair dryer is a fantastic device for drying and styling hair of every variety. With no shortage of options, finding the best hair dryer can take a bit of research, as it’s not always a case of buying the cheapest model available. In fact, with such competitive pricing, it’s certainly possible to find a great hair dryer for virtually every budget! Check out this helpful guide for finding the best hair dryers money can buy!
What are hair dryers?
A hair dryer is an electric device that dries hair by blowing air over it in order to evaporate the water. Most personal hair dryers are handheld devices that come with a number of settings, allowing control over how hot and powerful the air blows, while others carry additional features and add-ons to help style hair.
Why should you buy a good hair dryer?
As the best hair dryers on the market aren’t that expensive, they’re well worth investing in given the benefits they offer. For example, if you are in a rush and don’t have time to let your hair dry naturally, then a hair dryer is needed to speed the drying process.
Moreover, a hair dryer provides a significant amount of control over your hair. When drying naturally, it’s hard to style your hair into a desired shape or look, but when using a hair dryer, you can create a variety of hairstyles as needed.
How to choose the right hair dryer?
It is important to get the best hair dryer possible within your budget, as buying a cheap product will only make your hair harder to style, while also being more likely to break. Knowing what to look for should make finding the best hair dryer much easier, so here are a few things to consider:
- Power: A hair dryer’s power is measured in wattage, and a good rule of thumb is to get as much power as possible within your price range. Higher wattages work better on thicker hair, with professional hair dryers using upwards of 3000W, while a wattage of around 1800 is suitable for thinner hair.
- Settings: The more power settings, the more control over styling the hair, so be sure to consider this if you want to create certain looks with your dryer. A great hair dryer should come with several heat and power settings to allow complete control over drying and styling.
- Accessories: Not everyone using a hair dryer requires additional accessories, although they can certainly be useful for many. For example, nozzle attachments create less frizz when drying, while diffusers are good for producing a curlier hairstyle.
What is the best kind of hair dryer in the UK?
With many great hair dryers to choose from, it’s a good idea to know what types are best suited for certain kinds of hair, as it will allow you to get the most out of your hair dryer.
- Ceramic Hair Dryer: The best hair dryer for even heat distribution, they also don’t overheat as quickly as plastic models do, making them a fine choice for most people.
- Ionic Hair Dryer: Harnessing similar technology as hair straighteners, ionic hair dryers are fantastic for reducing frizz and providing added shine to hair. They’re also much quicker at drying in general, but often cost more as a result.
- Tourmaline Hair Dryer: Similar to ionic types, tourmaline hair dryers minimises frizz while also trapping moisture to leave hair looking and feeling healthier over time. They feature a coating of a semi-precious mineral inside which does increase the cost, but in terms of overall quality, it’s one of the best hair dryers available.
Top 10 list of hair dryers in the UK (October 2020)
This top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their hair dryers rank and which hair dryer is the best.
- Three-year guarantee
- Concentrator nozzle and removable rear filter. Note: Ensure the rear filter is clear…
- Tourmaline-ceramic and ionic technology for frizz free hair
- Removable, easy clean rear grille and hang up loop
- Concentrator, diffuser and cool shot function
- Three heat and two speed settings
- 2 years guarantee; hang up loop
- Removable, easy clean ceramic ionic grille for even heat and anti-static
- Eco setting, using the dryer on the mid heat setting saves more energy than using…
- Barrel Size is 2 inches
- Ideal for medium to long hair. 4 year guarantee
- 2 heat settings plus cool setting
- Product with 3 pin plugs attached, in compliance to the Plugs and Sockets
- Extras: Cool-shot button to set your style, easy-to-clean removeable filter, smooth…
- Heat Protection Mode: Ensures powerful airflow at a gentle temperature to protect…
- The Best GiftSmall, lightweight, easy to carry and store, perfect for home, travel…
- Constant Temperature Hair Care & Noise Reduction DesignWith built-in security…
- 1 Speed Knob & 3 Heat SettingsOne speed control knob and three heat settings…
- Large diffuser
- 3 heat/ 2 speed settings plus cool shot
- Ionic frizz-control
- Great Hair Care : Constant temperature and Ionic conditioning for frizz free styles.…
- Lower RadiationThe Liraip hair dryers has overheated and low electro magnetic fiel…
- Concentrator & DiffuserThis 2 nozzles can do different effect to the hair. Concentrator…
- Suitable for All Hair Types: The hair dryer is safe for all hair types. Please do…
- 3 attachments includedConcentrator nozzle for quick dry hair and straight hair, easy…
- 2 speeds and 3 heat settingsHair dryer provides 3 heat and 2-speed settings, whether…
- After-sales ServiceThis hair dryer for men women and kids. We provide 12 months replacement.…
- High-velocity, focused air that lets you style one section at a time-without worrying…
- 2 Speeds and 3 Heat SettingThis hair styling tool has 2 speeds and 3 precise speed…
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a hair dryer test. Last Update 2020/10/19 11:18 o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best hair dryers