Review10Best compares the best hair waxes in the UK and selects the one by TIGI Bed Head as the best hair wax. In a hair wax buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different hair waxes and see a recommendation on which hair wax to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of hair waxes, you can find the best hair waxes and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate hair wax buying guide
- View the hair wax picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Finding the best hair wax can be difficult. There are so many products to choose from that knowing what one is best for your hair and styling habits are not always straight-forward, which is why it helps to know what to look for in this hairstyling product.
To help you find the best hair waxes, check out the handy buying guide below. It has all the tips and info you need to choose a good wax!
What are hair waxes?
Hair wax is a type of a hairstyling product containing wax that is designed to sculpt and hold the hair in various styles. Unlike hair gels, it contains no alcohol and is less likely to dry out, and it can vary in texture and consistency depending on the ingredients.
Why should you buy a good hair wax?
The best hair waxes let you style hair in a variety of ways while maintaining a natural appearance. It’s not too greasy like pomade and won’t leave hair hard or unnatural looking like gel, making it perfect for obtaining the desired style whilst looking natural. It also stays in hair for a long time and is easy enough to reapply without washing or wetting your hair, while it can be applied to any length of hair with ease.
How to choose the right hair wax?
Finding the best hair wax can be challenging, so here are some things to consider when looking for the right wax:
- Hold: Hair waxes offer varying holds including firm, medium, and light. Lighter holds maintain a more natural appearance and texture, while firmer holds are longer-lasting and add more volume, with medium holds falling somewhere in the middle.
- Finish: The finish of a wax can varies from product to product, so its important to check this before you buy. For instance, a matte finish offers a natural appearance with lots of texture, while a shine finish provides a sleek look, and there are many that fall between each, so think about what type of finish you want when looking at waxes.
- Hair Style: How you style your hair will influence what hair wax is best. For example, if you style your hair spikey or with a messy bed hairstyle, then a matte finish wax is the best option as it maintains more of a natural appearance without much shine. For a more groomed style like a pompadour or taper, consider waxes with a higher hold and sheen.
What is the best kind of hair wax in the UK?
The most popular types of hair wax available to buy include:
- Matte Hair Waxes: This type of hair wax offers a matte finish, providing lots of texture and a more natural finish. If you love low maintenance look and tend to reapply throughout the day, matte hair wax is a great finish. They come in various holds too, although most tend to offer a light to medium hold.
- Non-Matte Hair Waxes: This type of hair wax offers more shine to the finish and tends to be firmer hold. Therefore, it’s great for well-groomed styles like the classic taper, while you can find varying levels of shine to suit your preferences.
Top 10 list of hair waxes in the UK (January 2021)
The top 10 list shows how brands and their hair waxes compare. Which hair wax is the best?
- Bed Head for Men Matte Separation Workable Wax is great for styling short to medium…
- With a firm but workable hold for styling flexibility
- The hair wax resists humidity for long-lasting hair styling
- NOTE : Packaging may vary
- Works well in shorter hair, 1-3 inches in length
- Provides a strong, pliable hold with a matte finish
- Remouldable wax
- Medium hold
- Gives hair a natural shine
- A high performing ethically produced unique water-based formulation, made in England,…
- With a unique musky mature fragrance, Carbon Clay's name comes from the original…
- Easy to apply and washout, the ideal product for creating a rugged yet gentlemanly…
- Rub through dry hair for a messed up matte finish.
- Super dry, non sticky Fudge Urban Matte Wax gives you maximum texture with a firm…
- No Shine Wax for a Messed Up Look.
- Fonex Gummy
- 150ml size
- Fonex Gummy WAX Ultra Hold 150ml
- 75 ml pot
- Great for short hairstyles, including pixie, fringe and sweep hairdos
- Playful, flexible hold for up to 48 hours*
- Bed Head by Tigi Wax Stick is ideal for styling short to medium hair
- Leaves hair smooth and frizz free
- Easy application straight onto the hair
* Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a hair wax test. Last Update 2021/01/24 20:00 o'clock.