Review10Best compares the best hammer drills in the UK and selects the one by BLACK+DECKER as the best hammer drill. In a hammer drill buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different hammer drills and see a recommendation on which hammer drill to buy in the UK in 2022. By considering the top list of hammer drills, you can find the best hammer drills and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate hammer drill buying guide
- View the hammer drill picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Finding the best hammer drill ensures you get a reliable tool that will last for many years to come. But there are so many products on the market that it can be confusing to understand which is best for your needs, especially when trying to work out what types of drills are best suited for each task.
To make the buying process easier, check out this handy hammer drill buying guide for all the info you need to find the right tool.
What are hammer drills?
Also known as an impact drill, a hammer drill is a tool designed for heavier duty drilling. For instance, it’s designed to drill through much tougher materials like masonry and thicker wall studs, making it great for jobs that require more drilling strength than a standard drill can offer.
Why should you buy a good hammer drill?
The best hammer drills will make heavy-duty drilling much quicker and easier. While it is possible to use a normal drill when drilling masonry and thick wood, it will take longer and put a lot of stress on the motor, which is why hammer drills are so useful.
Basically, whenever you need to drill into hard and dense surface areas, hammer drills make the job effortless. They are amongst the most powerful drills available, making them incredibly useful for tougher DIY tasks.
How to choose the right hammer drill?
Unsure what to look for in a good impact drill? Here are some things to think about before choosing the best hammer drill:
- Torque: The higher the torque the more powerful the drill is, so always check the maximum torque and make sure it’s hight enough for your tasks. It’s a good idea to choose a drill with adjustable torque settings, as it lets you change the drill power according to the surface.
- Depth: Drilling depth is an important thing to look at, as it will impact how deep the drill can go into the wall, so look for a drill that offers multiple drilling depths for various tasks. You don’t always need to bore at the same depths, so having several options is very convenient.
- Functions: While hammer drills are designed for drilling, many models come with additional functions like hammer mode for chiselling and scraping. That said, you may not require anything beyond drilling, although it is nice to have these additional functions should you ever need them.
What is the best kind of hammer drill in the UK?
The most popular types of hammer drills that you can buy include:
- Light Duty Drills: These entry-level models offer more powerful drilling than a standard drill and are great for drilling smaller holes into bricks and masonry while being great for deeper drilling in woods and plastics.
- SDS Hammer Drill: Designed to drill deep into masonry and brickwork, these drills are fitted with an SDS function for increased power and hammering. They are the strongest hammer drills available, being suitable for chiselling and chasing work along with masonry drilling.
Top 10 list of hammer drills in the UK (May 2022)
The bestseller list compares brands and their hammer drills. Which hammer drill is the best?
- Max Torque - 17/38 Newton Meter
- Hardwearing kit box to store and transport the tool
- Keyless chuck for fast and easy bits changes with a double ended screwdriver bit…
- Model number: 0603131070
- Effortless and fast drilling with the new impact mechanism, 20% faster than previous…
- High precision & versatility: constant Electronic & speed pre-selection
- Up to 25% faster drilling time due more power & better impact mechanism
- Compact Design without compromising in power
- Easy to control: most lightweight and compact corded impact drills
- 13 mm keyless chuck allows quick change of bits and secondary handle for more control…
- Good-performance hammer action with 0-32, 300 bpm allowing to drill into concrete…
- Variable speed of 0-2, 900 rpm for controlled and accurate drilling and screw driving…
- Maximum Capacity in steel 13mm
- Maximum Capacity in wood 32mm
- Maximum Capacity in concrete: TCT bit 26mm, TCT core 68mm, Diamond Core 80mm
- 120PCS Premium Accessories Power drill comes with Cordless Drill*1, 2.0Ah Li-ion…
- Easy to Use & Quick Chuck 3/8" (10mm) auto lock chuck helps you change bits…
- Durable 2.0Ah Li-ion Battery & Fast Charging 2*2.0Ah large capacity Li-ion battery,…
- Includes 4Ah Battery, Charger and TStak Case
- Shock-absorbent, ergonomic soft grip handle
- 3 Mode - Hammer Drilling, Hammer Only and Rotary Only
- WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE & WARRANTY Tilswall SDS PLUS drill hammer*1; SDS drill*3…
- ERGONOMIC DESIGNSDS Hammer drills with 5 speed adjustable, 360 degree rotating handle…
- MULTI-FUNCTIONOne function keys to switch 4 modes easily. Compatible with other non-SDS-Plus…
- Magnetic bit holder, chamfer
- Lot ferrules and wicks
- For metal, wood and stone
- 1 x Makita Case Insert Tray 837634-4
- 1 x Makita 210mm Mak Case 3 (SKU 157051)
- 1 x DC18RC Charger
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best hammer drills, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a hammer drill test. Last Update: 2022/05/18.