Review10Best compares the best hand mixers in the UK and nominates the one from Kenwood as the best hand mixer. In our hand mixers review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different hand mixers and follow our recommendation on which hand mixer to buy in the UK in 2019. With the hand mixer comparison, you can be sure to buy the best hand mixer on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate hand mixer buying guide
- View our hand mixer picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about hand mixers
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
A good hand mixer is a must for anyone that loves cooking and baking. A helpful tool for mixing together various ingredients, creating batters, and whisking eggs, hand mixers are a great addition to every kitchen. However, knowing how to choose the best hand mixer isn’t always easy, as there are various models and features available that you may find useful.
Check out the buying guide below for how to choose the best hand mixer:
What are hand mixers?
A hand mixer is an electrical kitchen device used to mix foods and liquids. While designs vary and there are many different sizes of hand mixers, most feature two whisks that use electricity to quickly rotate, making them highly efficient at mixing various cooking ingredients together.
Why should you buy a good hand mixer?
The best hand mixer devices make food preparation so much easier. Available for reasonable prices, a good hand mixer can whisk a variety of ingredients, whether its scrambling eggs or whipping cream.
Quick and easy to use, a hand mixer is a great product for anyone that loves to bake, although it’s certainly useful for those that bake infrequently too, taking away most of hassle of mixing ingredients.
How to choose the right hand mixer?
Choosing a good hand mixer isn’t too difficult, providing you know what to look for in the device and what you want to gain from using it.
Here are some things to consider:
- Wattage: All hand mixers that use between 200 and 250 watts should be suitable for most people. This offers enough power for combining common baking ingredients, although people that are more serious with their baking and cooking may require something with more power, with 300+ watts being ideal for mixing even the toughest doughs.
- Speed Settings: A good hand mixer comes with at least two speed settings (high and low), but it never hurts to have more variable speed options, with five being usually being more than enough for most people. If you’re serious about baking, more speed settings are recommended, but it’s not as important for casual bakers and infrequent use.
- Attachments: While all hand mixers feature whisk attachments, there are usually many more available depending on the model you buy. Not everyone requires several different attachments, but in many cases, they are worthwhile and make the hand mixer even more versatile. For instance, dough hooks make kneading easier, so if you want to make bread with your hand mixer be sure to look for this attachment.
What is the best kind of hand mixer in the UK?
There are a few options when it comes to types of hand mixers, any of which may be perfect for your needs.
- Traditional Hand Mixer: The most widely used type of hand mixer, they are known for being compact, lightweight, and typically feature two whisk attachments. Most hand mixers have interchangeable attachments, allowing you to use things such as a dough hook or balloon whisk. Hand mixers are generally quite affordable and easy to use, coming with a few speed settings.
- Hand Blender: While hand blenders aren’t the same as a hand mixer, many of them come with whisk attachments. This essentially converts them into a smaller hand mixer, allowing you to seamlessly change between chopping, dicing, and mixing. Not all hand blenders come with mixing attachments however, so be sure to clarify this before buying.
Top 10 list of hand mixers in the UK (June 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their hand mixers rank and which hand mixer is the best.
- 120 W motor with enhanced cooling system for energy efficiency
- Thumb-operated speed control
- Beater interlock system for added safety and security
- MANUFACTURER 2 YEAR WARRANTY
- LIGHTWEIGHT - Convenient and easy to use
- STYLISH DESIGN - Stylish and sleek in a robust silver and black design
- Chrome beaters and dough hooks included
- Eject button for easy and safe removal
- Turbo function
- Sturdy yet stylish hand mixer
- Eject button for quick releasing attachments
- Included are stainless steel whisks and dough hook attachments
- MANUFACTURER 2 YEAR WARRANTY INCLUDED
- LIGHTWEIGHT - this compact mixer is easy to operate, transport and store.
- STYLISH DESIGN - sleek silver and black design adds a stylish touch to any kitch…
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND EASY CLEANING - This unit comes with a 3 pin fixed UK plug, uses…
- POWERFUL 400W MOTOR FOR EFFORTLESS MIXING - This hand mixer has a 400W motor to give…
- A SMART STORAGE CASE INCLUDED SO YOU NEVER LOSE YOUR ACCESSORIES - How many times…
- 125 W power
- Wrap around cord storage
- Simple blade removal using the easy release button
- 100% AFTER-SALES GUARANTEE - CE, GS, and RoHS quality certificates. Our hassle-free…
- EASY TO USE AND CLEAN - Electric hand mixer is equipped with stainless steel accessories…
- QUICK COOLING DESIGN & ERGONOMIC HANDLE - Built-in fan and multihole design for quick…
- MANUFACTURER 2 YEAR WARRANTY
- RELIABLE - Features two strong chrome beaters for solid performance
- CONVENIENT - Choose from 5 speed settings depending on your ingredients and desired…
- 2-YEAR MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY -- Shop with confidence. Your Andrew James Professional…
- 5 SPEED SETTINGS WITH TURBO FUNCTION -- Use the simple sliding control to select…
- 1.5M POWER CABLE FOR EASY USE -- The extra long power cable gives you the freedom…
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/06/24 00:12. o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best hand mixers