Review10Best compares the best heat protection sprays in the UK and selects the one by OGX as the best heat protection spray. In a heat protection spray buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different heat protection sprays and see a recommendation on which heat protection spray to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of heat protection sprays, you can find the best heat protection sprays and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate heat protection spray buying guide
- View the heat protection spray picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Finding the best heat protection sprays can be difficult for first-time buyers. Like any hair care product, there are many things to consider so that you find a product suitable for your requirements, with different things like your hair type and condition to think about. So, to help with the buying process we’ve created a handy buying guide for heat protection spray. It covers all the useful information you need to know about the product, along with some things to look out for when buying a suitable product.
What are heat protection sprays?
As the name suggests, heat protection spray, also called heat protectant, is a hair care product designed to protect hair from heat damage when styling it with a straightener or hairdryer. Because these devices expose hair to excessive heat, it can lead to lost moisture that results in dry and damaged hair, so by applying a good heat protection spray you can reduce this problem.
Why should you buy a good heat protection spray?
If you style your hair with a hairdryer or hair straightener, then it’s highly recommended that you use the best heat protection spray for your hair. This product helps to reduce moisture loss when exposing hair to heat, helping to avoid dry and brittle hair that is prone to breaking. Given that many people dry and straighten their hairy, often daily, then a good hair protection spray will provide optimal protection to leave hair looking and feeling healthy.
Furthermore, too much exposure to sunlight can have similar damaging effects on hair, with heat protection spray acting like a sunscreen for your hair!
How to choose the right heat protection spray?
Buying a haircare product like heat protection spray can be challenging when there are so many options to choose from. Here are a few things to consider when looking for the best heat protectant:
- Ingredients: Always check the ingredients of a heat protection spray to ensure there is nothing too harsh for your hair, such as alcohols, while you should always look for silicone as one of the ingredients. Silicones like Cyclomethicone and Dimethicone offer the most protection against lost moisture, so they should be top of your ingredient list. Also, look out for keratin, which is a protein that protects and strengthens hair through increased moisture retention.
- Hair Type: As with any hair care product, you should choose a heat protection spray that is suitable for your hair type. Certain hair types benefit from specific ingredients, so you should always consider this before buying. For example, thick hair often requires more time to dry or straighten, meaning it is exposed to more heat so is more susceptible to damage, so protectants for thick and curly hair tend to come with ingredients for added protection.
- Styling Tool: While most heat protection sprays work with hairdryers and hair straighteners, you may want to buy separate products that accommodate each styling tool. For instance, hair straighteners expose hair to higher temperatures, while hairdryers tend to cause more frizzing, so separate products can target each of these more efficiently.
What is the best kind of heat protection spray in the UK?
There are many types of heat protection sprays, with most being categorised by the hair types. This includes:
- Thin or Damaged Hair: These products provide additional protection to avoid breakages, with thin and damaged hair being more prone to this when exposed to heat, along with added proteins to help strengthen hair.
- Thick or Curly Hair: Thick and curly hair requires more exposure to heat when styling, so these sprays feature ingredients that offer stronger barriers for added protection. They also help to manage frizz and waves when styling, leaving it smooth and silky rather than dry and frizzy.
- Dry Hair: Hair that is naturally dry will become severely dehydrated when exposed to high heats, with dry hair sprays providing extra moisturising effects to leave hair feeling softer and sleeker.
Top 10 list of heat protection sprays in the UK (January 2021)
The top 10 list shows how brands and their heat protection sprays compare. Which heat protection spray is the best?
- Spritz daily onto damp hair from root to tip before blow-drying, straightening or…
- Protects hair from damage caused by blow drying and heated styling tools
- Cuts blow dry time, adds shine to hair and gives you flexible control for super shiny…
- Safety and style, what more could you want?!
- It also helps to prevent the static that’s generated when using your straightening-irons…
- he antioxidants will protect hair from environmental and heat damage reducing free…
- Helps leave hair looking and feeling smoother
- For all hair types
- Contains the ghd heat protect system
- For Dry, Stressed & Damaged Hair
- With Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil & Avocado
- Lifeless, dull hair is visibly repaired and strengthened
- Packaging may vary
- Formula silkens strands and replenishes moisture
- Keeps hair smooth and straight for up to 24 hours
- How to use: Spray on damp hair from 15cm away. Its lightweight formula evenly covers…
- Straight hair results: Helps lock in a straight look for up to 3 days*
- Smooths hair & protects against frizz: Helps smooth hair and protect against…
- Versatile, Multi-use treatment: Coconut10 multi-use leave-in conditioner spray has…
- Fade protection formula: Scientifically-formulated Advanced Colour Protect System…
- Anti-static styling spray: Coconut-infused, moisturising styling spray conditions…
- Heat protection Hold level 2
- Catwalk by Tigi Haute Iron Spray 200 ml is ideal for protecting hair from damage…
- Leaves hair shiny, smooth and sleek
- Protects hair up to 230 degrees Celsius
- with Moroccan Argan Oil Extract
- Leave in spray
- Heat Defence
* Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a heat protection spray test. Last Update 2021/01/24 20:12 o'clock.