Review10Best compares the best hifi systems in the UK and nominates the one from LG as the best hifi system. In our hifi systems review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different hifi systems and follow our recommendation on which hifi system to buy in the UK in 2019. With the hifi system comparison, you can be sure to buy the best hifi system on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate hifi system buying guide
- View our hifi system picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about hifi systems
- More about hifi systems on the web
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
If you love the high quality sound and think that sound quality is one of the most important criteria to enjoy movies and music, then a hi-fi system is something for you. In the following, we will cover the main characteristics of the best hi-fi systems on the market and give you some advice on how to choose the best hi-fi system for your needs.
What are hifi systems?
Hi-fi is short for high fidelity, that means hi-fi systems are the best way to play high-quality audio from any source and to render the audio signal in a very precise way. Thus the sound is very close to the source and the musician's intention. Many hi-fi systems are shipped as an all-in-one solution that includes all the elements necessary to get started, for example built-in speakers and a CD player. An amplifier is usually included as well, a small computing unit that maximizes the performance and adjusts the little details during playback.
Why should you buy a good hifi system?
A hi-fi system can be used for many things, but there are certain cases where it makes a big difference and enhances the experience. For example, an action movie is perfect for a hi-fi system because the effects and little details are played back accurately. If you enjoy listening to classical music, then a hi-fi system is also an easy way to improve your experience. The system plays back all the details like treble that were meant to be there and that you can hardly notice without a hi-fi system.
It is easy to understand why hi-fi systems are the best way not just to watch a movie or to listen to a song but to live a real experience. The top-notch audio quality is one of the biggest advantages of hi-fi systems.
How to choose the right hifi system?
Choosing the best hi-fi system can be tricky at first, but if you follow this guideline it will not be a problem anymore. First of all, you should consider that such a system needs space. You can go with a mini version, which we will discuss later, but still decide how much of your room you would like to invest for the hi-fi system. Keep in mind, that especially speakers need a lot of space and that bigger speakers usually have a better sound quality, too.
Another thing to consider is the use of it. Do you mainly watch TV or are you planning to use it for music as well? Finally, how much do you want to spend? The price range is huge, so be aware of that.
What is the best kind of hifi system in the UK?
These are the main types of the hi-fi systems - it is up to you which one fits the best to your needs.
- The Wireless Hi-Fi System has the advantage to be cordless. The signal is transmitted by wifi, that means you are very flexible on how to position the speakers in the room.
- Similar to that, the Bluetooth Hi-Fi System uses a Bluetooth link to connect to a television and exchanging the audio.
- The All-in-One Hi-Fi System has the advantage to have included everything in one device.
- The Mini Hi-Fi System takes less space and still provides great audio quality.
- Finally, the Hi-Fi System with Turntable offers the possibility to listen to vinyl records and to enjoy their sound in a new way.
Top 10 list of hifi systems in the UK (April 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their hifi systems rank and which hifi system is the best.
- Tuning Range (50kHz/100kHZ)87.5 - 108.0 MHz
- Plug and play: Simply plug in via 3.5 mm jack and play your favourite tracks from…
- CD playback: Dust off your CDs, listen to your entire CD collection with the built-in…
- DAB Radio ; Smart Networking: Has Panasonic Music Streaming App1 and Bluetooth Wireless…
- Low Power Consumption, This product has no headphone facility. Power AC 220-240V,…
- Rich Bass & Clear Sound
- New industrial design derived from flagship NE series separates
- CD, FM/DAB/DAB+ and two optical digital inputs
- Bluetooth built-in
- Will stream CD player to other MusicCast devices. Frequency Response : 55 Hz - 38…
- Compatible with all Yamaha MusicCast items so expand your system and fill your house…
- Bluetooth & Airplay as standard plus support for Hi-Res Audio
- Headphone jack to enable you to listen in private or without distraction. A contemporary…
- 3.5mm built in Headphone Jack. Aux-In 3.5mm jack to connect and play from your MP3/mobile…
- USB(1.1 & 2.0) slot to play files from you external pen drive. SD card slot for MP3…
- Packed with features you can listen to DAB+/FM radio, play CD/CD-R/CD-RW, MP3 through…
- Bluetooth-in functionality allows you to wirelessly stream audio content from your…
- The XL-B515D carries the Digital Tick Mark which means it has been tested and approved…
- 13 different pre-set equalisers for different music genres
- 2x USB record and play. Dimension -Main Unit(W x H x D) - 34.8 x 19.3 x 25.1 Front…
- Wireless audio streaming with Bluetooth
- 13 different pre-set equalisers for different music genres
- Double USB (record and play)
- Max Juke box and request songs using Max Juke app
- Tuner technology : digital audio broadcast (DAB)
- This model support DVD player
- Micro Hi-Fi System with CD, AM/FM/DAB+ radio
- Mega Bass for dynamic sound
- 12W total power
- Intergrated FM Radio Tuner
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/04/23 23:18 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best hifi systems
Further resources about hifi systems
- How to buy a hi-fi system | CNET: Ask yourself: how big a system do you need, how much do you want to spend, and what are your priorities? (source: www.cnet.com)
- Home Hi-Fi Stereo Systems | Sony US: Enjoy powerful sound, a huge choice of music and stylish design with mini, micro and all in one home Hi-Fi systems. (source: www.sony.com)
- 4 of the best hi-fi systems | What Hi-Fi?: If you don't want to build a separates hi-fi system, then these compact all-in-one music systems... (source: www.whathifi.com)