Review10Best compares the best hiking boots in the UK and selects the one by Mountain Warehouse as the best hiking boot. In a hiking boot buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different hiking boots and see a recommendation on which hiking boot to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of hiking boots, you can find the best hiking boots and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate hiking boot buying guide
- View the hiking boot picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
For anyone that loves hiking, hill walking, or any type of outdoor activity, they will likely want to invest in a pair of quality hiking boots. There’s a huge selection of products available, so finding the best hiking boots for your preferred outdoor activity shouldn’t be too difficult, providing you have an idea of what you need!
What are hiking boots?
Hiking boots, as the name suggests, are boots specially designed for hiking and other outdoor activities such as hill walking, mountaineering, or even just for camping. The best hiking boots offer fantastic support for walking over rough terrain through a thick and sturdy sole - and with the right insole hiking gets even more comfortable
Why should you buy a good hiking boot?
A good pair of hiking boots is strongly advised anytime you go on long walks involving rocky or uneven terrain. Their design ensures you can walk long distances without discomfort while offering plenty protection from the rough terrain outdoors. The best hiking boots are often waterproof as well, so not only do they help prevent injury and offer support, but also ensure you and your feet remain as comfortable impossible when hiking, hill walking and climbing.
How to choose the right hiking boot?
With a staggering amount of footwear to choose from, choosing the best hiking boots can feel overwhelming at times. It can be made easier by knowing what you should be considering before making your choice. Check out the following to help find the right pair of hiking boots for your needs:
- Fit: The best hiking boots should fit comfortably across all of your foot while not being too tight at any area. You’ll be doing a lot of walking over uneven terrain, so you want them to fit perfectly, which is why you should aim to try them on at the end of the day when feet are most swollen. Be sure to try them on with the socks you will be wearing them with as well.
- Socks: Hiking boots won’t be as effective without proper socks, but they also allow you to determine the right size. You will obviously know your own feet size, but with footwear sizes varying from each style and manufacturer, it’s no guarantee of being correct, especially when you consider the thickness of socks designed for hiking.
- Intended Uses: Hiking boots covers a broad spectrum of footwear, all of which are designed for various outdoor activities. There are lightweight, flexible, and heavy-duty hiking boots that are all suitable for different activities. So be sure to think about how they will be getting used: For example, if you will be doing light day hiking on even terrain, lightweight hiking boots will be a fine option, whereas heavy-duty boots are more suited for hikes or treks lasting multiple days across rocky terrain.
What is the best kind of hiking boot in the UK?
As previously mentioned, there are quite a few options available when it comes to hiking footwear. Each one is suitable for different types of hiking, walking, and climbing, so any of these may be the best hiking boots for you:
- Hiking Shoes: A step above running shoes, hiking shoes offer the utmost in comfort when going for long walks, although they aren’t recommended for long hikes. Their soles are relatively thick for a non-boot design, and their light weight helps to prevent discomfort during long walks.
- Day Hiking Boots: Lightweight and flexible, these are the best type of hiking boots for day hiking. They offer great comfort thanks to their flexible soles but should be used sparingly over rockier terrains as they are best-suited for well-maintained trails. They are often less durable with less support than other types of hiking boots.
- Trekking Boots: Often referred to as backpacking boots, these are the sturdiest and most durable of all hiking boots. They will offer exceptional support and protection from uneven, rocky terrain while carrying heavy loads, but as a result of this, they can be quite stiff and oftentimes uncomfortable.
Top 10 list of hiking boots in the UK (December 2021)
The bestseller list compares brands and their hiking boots. Which hiking boot is the best?
- Heel & Toe Bumpers - Added rubber reinforcement at heel and toe, makes your footwear…
- Mesh Lining - Improves breathability to help keep your feet fresh whilst out and…
- Cushioned Footbed - Moulded foam footbed supports your foot for comfort at the arch…
- Locking eyelets let you control tension across your arches
- Engineered heel support ensures stability
- Tailored to you - improved tongue and collar pattern with memory foam adapts to your…
- Toe and Heel Protection - Thicker material covering the toe and heels protect and…
- Wider Toe Fit - More room for the forefoot, increasing comfort and fitting.
- Breathable Material - Sweat is allowed to escape, replaced by cooler air to keep…
- FUNCTIONALITY AND FASHION - featured with special technology to protect your feet,…
- Integrated inserted EVA Midsole, light weight and sturdy enough even when carrying…
- Rubber Toe Cap protection and Rubber Outsole for optimal trail gripmolded TPU ankle…
- Target gender: male
- Compression-Moulded EVA Midsole - Embedded with a shank for ultimate cushioning and…
- Removeable Moulded EVA Insole - For underfoot cushioning.
- Engineered flexibility and heel fit are designed to fit your feet with comfortable…
- Give your feet a treat - breathable, cushioned OrthoLite foot beds keep you comfy…
- All-day comfort - the streamlined one-piece leather construction with Gore-Tex technology…
- FULLY BREATHABLE MEMBRANE
- STURDY TREAD SOLE
- FULLY WATERPROOF
- Versatile lacing system provides a secure fit
- EVA Compression Midsole - Provides excellent cushioning and protection from uneven…
- Versatile Lacing System - Allows an extremely secure fit.
- Dri-Tec Waterproof Technology - Provides maximum protection from wet weather.
- Vibram Outsole
- Italian Leather Upper
- Padded Toe Joint
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best hiking boots, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a hiking boot test. Last Update: 2021/12/04.