Review10Best compares the best impact drivers in the UK and selects the one by Makita as the best impact driver. In a impact driver buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different impact drivers and see a recommendation on which impact driver to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of impact drivers, you can find the best impact drivers and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate impact driver buying guide
- View the impact driver picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Looking for the best impact driver for your next DIY project? Finding the right power tool can be difficult if you are unsure what you need, so be sure to check out the handy buying guide below for all the information you need to choose to best impact driver.
What are impact drivers?
An impact driver is power tool used for drilling, screwing and unscrewing. Similar in design and function to a drill, the best impact drivers can easily screw and unscrew through dense and fragile material alike, making it a very useful piece of kit for any quality tool box.
Why should you buy a good impact driver?
An impact driver is a great investment for as it can be used for countless different DIY projects around the home. From assembling flat pack furniture to installing sheds to laying new decking, there are countless uses for a good impact driver, which provide you with the extra power you need when a manual screwdriver isn’t up to the task.
How to choose the right impact driver?
Struggling to find the best impact driver for your needs? Here are a few things to look out:
- Torque: The torque of an impact driver is a measurement of its power, usually indicated in RPMs, so the higher the torque the more suitable it is for heavy duty tasks. Think about what type of tasks you’ll be doing and try to find a model with a suitable torque. For instance, if you’re installing decking, a fence, or shed, then a high torque is necessary, whereas smaller torque is fine for those less strenuous tasks like putting up shelving or assembling furniture.
- Speed: The best impact drivers come with adjustable settings, so always be on the lookout for this. It basically means you can adjust the speed of the driver to accommodate different materials, as low speeds are needed to drive screws into delicate materials like softwoods and plasterboard. With a variable speed selection, the driver can complete more tasks without damaging the material or screws.
- Chuck Size: The maximum chuck size is the largest size of bit that you can fit into the driver, so always check this to make sure it is suitable for your needs. The bigger the maximum chuck size the larger the bit can be used, so if you need to drive larger screws always check the chuck size to make sure its big enough. Smaller chucks can be swapped out anyway, so it’s handy to have a good range between chuck sizes, which is why a high maximum chuck size is recommended.
What is the best kind of impact driver in the UK?
There are several types of drills available that can be suitable for your task:
- Electric Screwdrivers: Electric screwdrivers are a typically a much smaller variation of an impact driver. As such, they are only suitable for lightweight screwing like assembling furniture, hanging photos, installing shelves etc. They are small, compact, and lightweight while being much more powerful than a manual screwdriver.
- Heavy-Duty Impact Drivers: A traditional impact driver is much larger than an electric screwdriver, resembling the shape and size of a standard drill. Suitable for heavy duty tasks like building or carpentry, an impact drier is designed for dense and tough materials.
Top 10 list of impact drivers in the UK (January 2021)
The top 10 list shows how brands and their impact drivers compare. Which impact driver is the best?
- Makita DTD152Z LXT 18v Li-Ion Cordless Impact Driver Body Only
- Extra features It will be a powerful electric drill or hammer drill with fit drill…
- LED LightThe trigger-type LED lights to illuminate your work area and improve the…
- 1 Hour ChargeThe electric impact driver can be fully charged in 1 hour.
- Comfortable positive grip
- GripZone over mould technology
- On-board bit storage for added convenience
- Maximum Bolt Diameter - M12
- High performace for the home or tradesman
- Lightweight construction at just 1.24 Kgs
- The cordless impact driver is equipped with a 6.35 mm (¼") hexagon f…
- The integrated LED light ensures optimum illumination of the work area at all times,…
- The short, lightweight design of the cordless impact driver makes it comfortable…
- Voltage: 18V
- Ergonomic soft rubber grip design for vibration absorption and comfortable opera…
- Brushless DC motor generates less heat buildup
- WHAT YOU GET 1 x Wesco cordless impact driver, 1 x 2.0 Ah battery pack, 1 x battery…
- ERGNOMIC DESIGN & LED LIGHT Rubber over mould grip is pleasant to grip; LED light…
- VARIABLE SPEED WITH FORWARD/REVERSE ROTATION Variable speed can be set for drilling…
- PowershareTM 20V battery is interchangeable with other WORX tools
- LED light great for dark areas
- Aluminum gear housing for durability and prolonged life
- Packing List1 x HYCHIKA 18V cordless impact wrench, 1 x 4.0Ah lithium battery, 1…
- 3 Impact Sockets and Adapter for Mandrel 10 mmThe most common size are 17/19/21 mm,…
- 4.0Ah Battery & Fast ChargerThe Large capacity 4000mAh lithium battery, gives…
- Included components: 1 Impact Wrench+2 batteries+1 charger+3 sockets+1 canvas ba…
- Intelligence: battery pack with power indicator, with over-heating protection, quick…
- Convenience: Lightweight body design with 3pcs socket 17/19/21mm, , suitable for…
* Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a impact driver test. Last Update 2021/01/25 12:30 o'clock.