Review10Best compares the best ironing boards in the UK and selects the one by Minky as the best ironing board. In a ironing board buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different ironing boards and see a recommendation on which ironing board to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of ironing boards, you can find the best ironing boards and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate ironing board buying guide
- View the ironing board picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
If you want to iron fabrics, then ironing boards will make your life easier. So if you struggling to find the best ironing board, look no further than this handy ironing board buying guide. Below you will find all the info you need to buy the right ironing board for your needs:
What are ironing boards?
An ironing board a small, foldable table that is used to iron clothes and other fabrics. It’s fitted with a heat-resistant cover to ensure no damage from the high temperature of the iron, which is usually removable for cleaning or in case it needs to be replaced.
Why should you buy a good ironing board?
A good ironing board makes your ironing chores easier and more efficient. Not only are they perfect size for ironing all kinds of clothes and fabrics, the surface of the board retains heat from the iron, meaning it stays warm so will iron out creases more effectively. Simply put, ironing is quicker and more efficient with a great ironing board.
How to choose the right ironing board?
Here are some things to think about when you are looking to buy the best ironing board:
- Size: Ironing boards are available in various sizes, each one catering to different types and sizes of clothing and fabrics, so always consider how long and wide of a board you need. For example, if you need to press clothes for a tall man, then a longer board will be required to fit the clothing. Portable and tabletop boards are often smaller, with full-size boards being less flexible.
- Board Cover: Firstly, not all ironing boards come with a cover and those that do don’t always offer the best type of cover. The best ironing board covers come with thick padding, usually around 10mm, while some sort of protective texture to prevent sticking.
- Stability: While it’s nice to have a lightweight ironing board for easier storage, you do want to make sure it’s stable enough that it can easily fall over when you’re ironing. In fact, a sturdy ironing board often improves ironing, as you focus entirely on the task rather than trying to hold the board in place as you iron.
What is the best kind of ironing board in the UK?
Some of the best-selling types of ironing boards currently available to buy include:
- Freestanding Ironing Boards: The standard type of ironing board, freestanding boards are made from metal and come with an adjustable height. Its legs are foldable so it can be stored upright when not in use and easily brought out when you need to iron. Sizes vary, although most are full-size boards.
- Tabletop Ironing Boards: This variant ist the most portable, with the small-sized board fitting on top of most tables, which is great for saving space in smaller rooms. These are much shorter though, so ironing longer clothes like trousers or bed sheets can be very time-consuming.
- Wall Mounted Ironing Boards: As the name suggests, these are mounted to walls or the inside of a cupboard for convenient storage and to save space. Installation is required and their sizes are often smaller to fit into recessed walls or cabinets, although they remain out of sight when not in use and can save lots of space.
Top 10 list of ironing boards in the UK (December 2021)
The bestseller list compares brands and their ironing boards. Which ironing board is the best?
- Manufactured in the UK, 5 year guarantee. 4 Leg Design - Robust and sturdy
- Infinite height adjustment, position exactly at your ideal working height, up to…
- Flex Guide - prevents iron cord from tangling and snagging
- Manufactured in the UK
- T Leg Design Stable ironing surface
- Superior Steam Efficient Foam Backed Cover - Smoother ironing surface
- Product Dimensions including the holding board and stand : 132 x 42 x 95 cms. Dimensions…
- Transport lock
- Solid iron rest with silicon bumper
- Neatly folds away for convenient storage in small spaces
- An extra secure station thanks to the stable lower base
- Iron in comfort with the variable height adjustment up to 99 cm
- 11 Year and Cradle-to-Cradle certified at Bronze level
- Seamlessly adjustable to your ideal working height (61 - 102 cm)
- Stable - Protective non-slip caps for added safety and less chance of damage to the…
- Designed and manufactured in the UK. 3 year guarantee
- Infinite level height adjustment from 0 to 94 cm
- Minky steam flow mesh surface for better ironing results
- Easy-change cover with cord toggle
- Separate hanging hook included for easy storage
- Easy-change cover with heat-resistant silicone iron rest
- EASY TO CLEAN: Wash care instructions, this ironing board cover is machine washable…
- EASY TO INSTALL: Fits in seconds. Elasticated edging for a quick secure fit, thanks…
- NON-SLIP COTTON: 100% cotton cover with thick foam underlay for a super smooth ironing…
- Manufactured in the UK to the highest standards with 5 year guarantee
- Sturdy loop legs for extra stability, infinite level height adjustment from 0 to…
- Compact when folded for easy storage – Folded height 141cm
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best ironing boards, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a ironing board test. Last Update: 2021/12/04.