Review10Best compares the best jigsaws in the UK and selects the one by Bosch Home and Garden as the best jigsaw. In a jigsaw buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different jigsaws and see a recommendation on which jigsaw to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of jigsaws, you can find the best jigsaws and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Finding the best jigsaw for your DIY projects can be difficult if you don’t know what to look for in this versatile power tool. It’s a great addition to any toolset however, providing a versatile cutting saw suitable for all kinds of projects around the home. To make the buying process easier, here’s a handy guide with all the info you need to find a great jigsaw that fits all your needs.
What are jigsaws?
A jigsaw is a type of saw used for straight and curved cuttings on materials like wood, plastic, metal, tiles, and even masonry. It consists of a reciprocating blade that cuts through materials by pushing and pulling the jigsaw in the required direction, making it one of the most efficient tools for making straight and curved cuts at various angles.
Why should you buy a good jigsaw?
A good jigsaw is a great investment for any DIY enthusiast. It’s a highly versatile power saw that can cut various materials. With interchangeable blades that can be adjusted to various angles, you can easily create curved, straight, and angled cuts on materials for DIY projects.
How to choose the right jigsaw?
Choosing the best jigsaws can be difficult if you are unsure what to look for in a power tool, so here are a few things to think about to help find the right saw for your needs:
- Corded or Cordless: Like most power tools, jigsaws are available in corded and cordless models, with each one offering its own benefits. For example, corded tools are usually more powerful and you don’t need to worry about stopping midway through a project to recharge a battery. Cordless jigsaws offer much better manoeuvreability, although they tend to lack the same power.
- Grip: You have two main grip types for a jigsaw, a barrel handle, and a D-handle. A barrel handle is found at the back end of the tool, allowing for more force to be applied when sawing forwards, although it does require more effort to use so it may not be great the most comfortable for long periods of use. D-handle grips are shaped like a D and found at the top of the tool, offering a more ergonomic grip that more comfortable to operate. It’s also easy to manoeuvre because it offers good balance and a thick rubber grip.
- Speeds: The best jigsaws come with variable speed settings which is useful for sawing different types of materials. This is important if you want to saw different materials beyond wood, as tougher materials like metal and masonry require much higher sawing speeds, so if you’re sawing different materials then look for variable speed settings that can reach 3,000rpms and above.
What is the best kind of jigsaw in the UK?
There are mainly two types of jigsaws available:
- Reciprocating Jigsaw: This type of jigsaw has a fully exposed blade that is moved with a push/pull motion. It has a much tougher sawing motion so it is generally best used for demolishing materials, such as ripping down tiles, cutting window frames or holes in plasterboard.
- Orbital Jigasaw: Orbital jigsaws are the most common type available, usually featuring a D-handle grip and a T or U blade. This makes them best-suitable for both broad and fine cuts and they can cut through most materials, being the best jigsaw for making precise curved and straight cuts.
Top 10 list of jigsaws in the UK (November 2021)
The bestseller list compares brands and their jigsaws. Which jigsaw is the best?
- Cable guide with hanging hook for practical storage. Vibration emission value ah…
- Low vibration with linear mass balance and ergonomic softgrip
- Switchable air blast function ensures a clear view of the cutting line at all ti…
- Wattage: 300 watts
- Power source type: Battery Powered
- DELIVERY CONTENTS 1 x HYCHIKA jigsaw; 6 x T-shank blades; 1 x guide ruler; 1 x user…
- LASER GUIDE AND SCALE RULER Built in laser guide for the cutting direction and make…
- QUIK CHUCK & STORAGE BOX FOR BLADESWith the quick release chuck, you can change…
- What you get 1*Ginour jigsaw; 6*pieces of saw blade; 1*Rip guide; 1*Vacuum adaptor;…
- Ergonomic designWith the quick release chuck, you can change the saw blades quickly…
- Laser Guide and Angle Max 45 ° Equipped with laser guide and scale guide, the…
- Customer Support: If you find that you are missing a piece to your jigsaw puzzle,…
- Perfect Gift Choice - These 1000 pieces puzzles for adults are fun, challenging,…
- Benefits for People - Develop hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, problem solving,…
- Not compatible with G-Series batteries
- Maximum Capacity in aluminium 20mm
- Maximum Capacity in wood 135mm
- Item package weight: 1.244 kilograms
- Item package quantity: 1
- Genuine product
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best jigsaws, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a jigsaw test. Last Update: 2021/11/27.