Best jigsaw UK
Which is the best jigsaw 2023?VIEW OFFER
The 10 best jigsaws to buy in the UK
The top 10 list of the best jigsaws lists various brands and prices
Review10Best compares the best jigsaws in the UK and selects the one by BLACK + DECKER as the best jigsaw. In a jigsaw buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different jigsaws and see a recommendation on which jigsaw to buy in the UK in 2023. By considering the top list of jigsaws, you can find the best jigsaws and save time shopping online.
Best jigsaws: A complete buying guide
All you need to know before buying a great jigsaw
Finding the best jigsaw for your DIY projects can be difficult if you don’t know what to look for in this versatile power tool. It’s a great addition to any toolset however, providing a versatile cutting saw suitable for all kinds of projects around the home. To make the buying process easier, here’s a handy guide with all the info you need to find a great jigsaw that fits all your needs.
What are jigsaws?
A jigsaw is a type of saw used for straight and curved cuttings on materials like wood, plastic, metal, tiles, and even masonry. It consists of a reciprocating blade that cuts through materials by pushing and pulling the jigsaw in the required direction, making it one of the most efficient tools for making straight and curved cuts at various angles.
Why should you buy a good jigsaw?
A good jigsaw is a great investment for any DIY enthusiast. It’s a highly versatile power saw that can cut various materials. With interchangeable blades that can be adjusted to various angles, you can easily create curved, straight, and angled cuts on materials for DIY projects.
How to choose the right jigsaw?
Choosing the best jigsaws can be difficult if you are unsure what to look for in a power tool, so here are a few things to think about to help find the right saw for your needs:
- Corded or Cordless: Like most power tools, jigsaws are available in corded and cordless models, with each one offering its own benefits. For example, corded tools are usually more powerful and you don’t need to worry about stopping midway through a project to recharge a battery. Cordless jigsaws offer much better manoeuvreability, although they tend to lack the same power.
- Grip: You have two main grip types for a jigsaw, a barrel handle, and a D-handle. A barrel handle is found at the back end of the tool, allowing for more force to be applied when sawing forwards, although it does require more effort to use so it may not be great the most comfortable for long periods of use. D-handle grips are shaped like a D and found at the top of the tool, offering a more ergonomic grip that more comfortable to operate. It’s also easy to manoeuvre because it offers good balance and a thick rubber grip.
- Speeds: The best jigsaws come with variable speed settings which is useful for sawing different types of materials. This is important if you want to saw different materials beyond wood, as tougher materials like metal and masonry require much higher sawing speeds, so if you’re sawing different materials then look for variable speed settings that can reach 3,000rpms and above.
What is the best kind of jigsaw in the UK?
There are mainly two types of jigsaws available:
- Reciprocating Jigsaw: This type of jigsaw has a fully exposed blade that is moved with a push/pull motion. It has a much tougher sawing motion so it is generally best used for demolishing materials, such as ripping down tiles, cutting window frames or holes in plasterboard.
- Orbital Jigasaw: Orbital jigsaws are the most common type available, usually featuring a D-handle grip and a T or U blade. This makes them best-suitable for both broad and fine cuts and they can cut through most materials, being the best jigsaw for making precise curved and straight cuts.
Top 10 list of jigsaws in the UK (June 2023)
The bestseller list compares brands and their jigsaws. Which jigsaw is the best?
- Universal blade holder accepts U and T shank blades
- Ergonomic bi-material handle design for improved comfort during usage
- Dust blow feature keeps the line of cut clear of dust during cutting for greater…
- Includes inner hex key, blade for wood and pair of carbon brushes
- Compatible with T-shank and U-shank blades
- Cutting angle range 0-45° L/R
- Cable guide with hanging hook for practical storage. Vibration emission value ah…
- Low vibration with linear mass balance and ergonomic softgrip
- Switchable air blast function ensures a clear view of the cutting line at all ti…
- What you get: 1 x GALAX PRO Jigsaw; 1 x HCS TI44D Wood Blade; 1 x HSS T118A metal…
- Simple blade replacement: Tool-free blade change system ensures effortless and safe…
- Safety and dust extration system: This jig saw power tool is equipped with a transparent…
- What Would You Get: 1 pc Jigsaw, 6pcs Jigsaw Blades, Dust Exhaust Pipe; Allen Wrench;…
- Ergonomic Design: Lock-on switch for increased comfort and less fatigue during prolonged…
- Tool-free Blade Change & Dust Extraction: Saw blades can be changed easily and…
- Blade Speed : 1100 - 3000 s/min, Blade Fitment : T-Shank, Pendulum Adjustments :…
- The R18JS-0 is sold as a 'body only' tool (without a battery or charger)…
- Lock-on switch to reduce fatigue
- Prefessional Accessories & Sincerely ServiceATTENTION: Place the base plate tightly…
- LED Light Guide & Dust CollectionThis jig saw features an integrated LED light…
- Tool-free Blade Changing & Switch Lock DesignSaw blades can be changed easily…
- Double insulation
- Maximum capacity in steel 6mm, wood 65mm
- Chip detector
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best jigsaws, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a jigsaw test. Last Update: 2023/06/05.