Review10Best compares the best kettles in the UK and selects the one by Russell Hobbs as the best kettle. In a kettle buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different kettles and see a recommendation on which kettle to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of kettles, you can find the best kettles and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate kettle buying guide
- View the kettle picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to kettles
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
If you enjoy drinking tea, coffee in a French press, and other hot beverages, then buying a good kettle is a must. The best kettles don’t cost too much and boil water in no time, making them a great investment for any household. Do you want to buy the best kettle but are unsure what to look for? Check out this buying guide for all the info you need:
What are kettles?
A kettle is a type of pot used to boil water. While they heat water by placing the kettle on a kitchen stove, electric kettles feature an internal heating element that allows water to be heated directly inside the pot when plugged into a power source. Traditional kettle design includes a spout for pouring water, a handle to hold the pot, and a lid to prevent heat escaping as the water reaches boiling point.
Why should you buy a good kettle?
Buying a kettle is a great investment for most homes. The best kettles are relatively affordable in most cases, and can quickly boil water for making tea, coffee, and for various forms of meal preparation, e.g. cooking pasta. Kettles are very convenient in most cases and are a must for anyone that enjoys drinking warm beverages.
How to choose the right kettle?
Choosing the best kettle shouldn’t be too difficult, providing you know what features and functions to look for. Here are some things to consider before you buy a kettle:
- Boiling Speed: The best kettles boil water at quick speeds, making them even more convenient. While faster boiling speeds can increase the price somewhat, they are still very much a desired feature as you will spend less time waiting for the kettle to boil water at home. Some kettles can boil at twice the speed of others, so it’s something to keep an eye out for - the higher the power rating the faster the boiling speed!
- Size: The bigger the kettle the more water it holds. This is certainly handy for preparing lots of drinks at the one time, so may be suitable for large families or for use in a workplace. Size also impacts the overall weight of the kettle, which is important to consider when pouring, especially if you struggle to lift and hold heavy objects.
- Energy Efficiency: An energy efficient kettle isn't just better for the environment, it’s better for your wallet, too! The money saved by using less energy to boil the water can make a big difference, especially for people drinking tea or coffee daily. Electric kettles are more energy efficient than stovetop kettles, so be sure to take this into account when looking at models.
- Water Gauge: An extremely useful feature, a visible water gauge allows you to fill precise measurements of water for more efficient boiling. This is great as you can avoid overfilling the kettle, saving time and energy every time you use it.
- Noise: A stovetop kettle is much noisier than an electric kettle, namely due to the whistle used to indicate the water is boiling. Electric kettles automatically switch off when the water has boiled and make very little noise in the process, which may be preferable to some.
What is the best kind of kettle in the UK?
There are two main types of kettles to buy:
- Electric Kettles: This kettle design features an interior heating element, which heats the water to the boiling point when activated. It doesn’t need to be placed on a stove, being plugged into a power source to operate. Quick, efficient, and affordable, many view them as the best kettle out there.
- Stovetop Kettles: Based on the traditional kettle design that was heated over an open flame, modern stovetop kettles are metal pots that sit atop an oven stove to heat the water. The handle tends to be on the top of the kettle rather than the side (like an electric kettle), and they often feature a whistle to indicate the water has reached boiling point.
Top 10 list of kettles in the UK (January 2021)
The top 10 list shows how brands and their kettles compare. Which kettle is the best?
- 360° base with integrated cord storage
- 1.7 L capacity
- Push to open hinged lid
- 360 degree base with cord
- Illuminating On/off switch
- Ideal pour spout
- Includes code for 75 percent off a bottle of Russell Hobbs multipurpose descaler
- Concealed element and removable, washable filter
- Save up to 66 percent energy saving by boiling one cup (235 ml) vs 1 Litre
- 2 Year Manufactures Guarantee - Plus 1 extra year when you register the product…
- Boil Dry Protection - Designed to protect your kettle from over-boiling, Boil Dry…
- 1.7 Litre Capacity - That’s why the Honeycomb Kettle has an impressive 1.7L…
- 2 year guarantee plus 1 year when you register the product online
- Matching 2 and 4 Slice toasters
- Rapid boil internal marker for 1/2/3 cup volume
- 360 Degree rotational base, lift off lid, non-slip feet and cord storage
- Removable, cleanable limescale filter; concealed element for easy cleaning
- Rear water window makes accurate filling easy and illuminates on boil
- 3 YEAR WARRANTY: The product comes with a standard 1 year warranty, with an additional…
- SAFETY PROTECTION: Built-in boil dry protection and automatic switch-off ensures…
- EASY-TO-CLEAN: Removable filter to easily clean excess limescale while maintaining…
- Contact us in case of queries
- Removable and washable filter for ease of use. Automatic lid opening at the press…
- Auto shut-off to turn the kettle off automatically when the water is boiled &…
- Suitable for both right handed and left handed users the 360 Degree base means no…
- The removable washable lime scale filter will keep your brew tasting amazing and…
- A rapid boil zone indicator within the kettle allows you to fill just the right amount…
- Removable/ washable scale filter
- Cordless operation with a 360 rotative cordless base makes it easy to use and when…
- Built to last with a robust stainless-steel body, sturdy wooden-look handle and minimalist…
* Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a kettle test. Last Update 2021/01/24 15:09 o'clock.
Other reviews related to kettles