Review10Best compares the best leaf blowers in the UK and nominates the one from Bosch as the best leaf blower. In our leaf blowers review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different leaf blowers and follow our recommendation on which leaf blower to buy in the UK in 2019. With the leaf blower comparison, you can be sure to buy the best leaf blower on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate leaf blower buying guide
- View our leaf blower picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about leaf blowers
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
The best leaf blowers make garden maintenance that bit easier, espiecally in large gardens. However, knowing what to buy isn’t always easy, as leaf blowers come in various models, any of which may be best suited for your needs.
Check out the buying guide below for how to choose the best leaf blower for your garden:
What are leaf blowers?
A leaf blower is a garden tool that shoots air out through a long nozzle to debris, usually leaves and grass cuttings. Available with electric or gas motors, leaf blowers are self-contained devices that are either handheld or backpack mounted with a handheld wand. Furthermore, leaf blowers often feature vacuuming features, allowing them to suck debris into the unit for collection as well. This type of leaf blower is sometimes referred to as a blower vacuum.
Why should you buy a good leaf blower?
The best leaf blower devices take the hassle away from garden maintenance. By moving loose garden debris, a leaf blower makes it simple to gather up leaves, twigs, cuttings and other debris into a neat pile, after which they are easy to collect and dispose of.
Better still, a leaf blower has uses beyond gathering debris. For instance, it can be used to blow snow off from a vehicle, unclog a gutter, and even mulching clippings and leaves.
How to choose the right leaf blower?
Choosing the best leaf blower requires a few considerations to ensure you get exactly what you need. Here are some things to think about that can help you choose a great leaf blower:
- Garden Size: The size of your garden will determine how powerful a leaf blower you require. For instance, if you have a small space where you only need to remove leaves from your patio, then you won’t need a powerful motor like you would with a large garden with lots of trees.
- Ergonomics: Even the best leaf blowers can be heavy and cumbersome to use, which make using it for long stretches quite difficult. To make handling a leaf blower easier, look at things like the weight and whether it’s a handheld or back mounted with wand handle - the latter is generally easier to use.
- Corded or Cordless: Leaf blowers come in corded and cordless models, so be sure to consider which type is more suitable for your needs. For instance, a corded leaf blower is a good option for small gardens as the cord reach won’t limit manoeuvrability compared to a large garden. Cordless leaf blowers are a great choice for large gardens, as they don’t limit movement, giving more freedom to operate in larger spaces. However, corded leaf blowers are usually the cheaper of the two, so consider your budget when deciding this.
What is the best kind of leaf blower in the UK?
There are several types of leaf blower available, any of which may be an excellent choice for your garden.
- Leaf Blowers: Traditional leaf blowers, often just called blowers, are designed to simply blow leaves, grass cuttings, and other debris around the garden. They make it easy to gather debris into large piles, allowing you to dispose of them or use them for compose with. Available in corded and cordless designs, blowers come with electric or gas-powered motors.
- Vacuum Leaf Blowers: A vacuum leaf blower combines the function of a traditional blower with a vacuum function. This means that leaves and other debris can be sucked into the device as well as blown around. When gathering leaves and clippings, a blower vacuum holds them in a collection bag so they can be easily disposed of, while some also come with a mulching feature to turn debris into natural fertilizer.
Top 10 list of leaf blowers in the UK (August 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their leaf blowers rank and which leaf blower is the best.
- Compact - Removable blower tube for compact storage.
- Long Run Time - Up to 25 minutes of uninterrupted run time, ideal for the vast majority…
- Lithium-Ion Battery with more power with less weight. No self discharge and no memory…
- Guarantee; This leaf blower has a 24-month guarantee
- Lightweight; Easy to use thanks to it weighing only 1.76-kilograms
- Compact; Leaf blower has a space-saving design due to the detachable blower tube
- 24 Month WarrantyGarden Vacuum Blower x1, Vacuum Tube x4, Collection Bag x1, Bag…
- Ergonomic Design40L large capacity back dust bag, reduce arm pressure, superior shock…
- Excellent Power3000W excellent power, easy to absorb dry or wet leaves, metal + plastic…
- Comes with dust collection bag
- Convenient for cleaning dusty areas and as a leaf blower
- Variable speed (speed controller switch)
- Variable throttle
- 1.2 litre fuel tank
- Adjustable, padded harness
- Vacuum function - can be used as a vacuum with a dust bag, item number 122321-1
- Three air volume settings: Low, medium, high
- Anti-static electricity for comfortable operation
- 1HP / 0.70kW Power Output
- Warranty & UK Seller Support
- Lightweight & Easy to Use
i,ii Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/08/21 10:48 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program (case i) and Kelkoo Associates Program (case ii), a affiliate advertising programs that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon and other merchants. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best leaf blowers