Review10Best compares the best lip balms in the UK and selects the one by Burt's Bees as the best lip balm. In a lip balm buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different lip balms and see a recommendation on which lip balm to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of lip balms, you can find the best lip balms and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate lip balm buying guide
- View the lip balm picks and see how they rank in the top list
Go to the ranking →
(skip buying guide)
The best lip balm will leave your lips feeling and looking healthier than ever, so it’s well worth taking the time to find the right product for your needs. However, with so many lip balms available, knowing which ones are best for you can be challenging, which is where this handy buying guide can help. It features all the tips and information you need to know to find the best lip balms, whether you have a specific issue with your lips or just want them to look great.
What are lip balms?
Lip balm is a product applied to the lips to provide additional moisture. This can make lips feel and look much smoother and suppler while helping common issues like chapped or dry lips. While they can be made from a wide variety of ingredient, most lip balms feature wax or a wax-like substance, along with other ingredients to promote healthy lips.
Why should you buy a good lip balm?
When applied, a good lip balm provides lips with a protective layer that seals in moisture, preventing them from drying out and becoming inflamed. Lips often become dry or chapped when exposed to cold or dry air, so by applying a lip balm, you keep the skin hydrated, preventing these problems from occurring. Should your lips be dried or chapped, the best lip balms encourage the skin to heal faster, leaving them looking better than ever while preventing the same problems occurring in the future
Your lips don’t need to be damaged for you to benefit from a good lip balm. By moisturising lips, the balm leaves skin looking supplier, giving a plumper appearance that many people desire.
How to choose the right lip balm?
Looking for a great lip balm but are unsure how to find it? Here are some things to consider:
- Ingredients: There are certain ingredients to avoid in lip balm, namely anything artificial or alcohol-based, as these tend to cause drying and may result in irritation. Look for all-natural ingredients if possible, with beeswax and natural oils and butter being preferable to any synthetic ingredients.
- Sun Protection: Lips are often overlooked when it comes to sun protection, so by choosing a lip balm with SP factor you can ensure they remain fully protected from UV damage that can cause dryness. An SPF of 30 is common for lip balm and great for summer, while lower SPFs ranging from 15-20 are also available.
- Seasons: As mentioned above, it is worth buying lip balm with SPF, especially during the summer months, and it’s also worth considering the other seasons when buying. For instance, if you live somewhere with extreme winters, then a balm with added moisturiser is recommended for increased protection against cold and dry weather.
What is the best kind of lip balm in the UK?
Some of the most popular types of lip balms available to buy include:
- Beeswax Lip Balm: The best natural lip balms are made from beeswax, which provides a barrier across the lip skin to ensure maximum moisture retention. As it tends to be thick and waxy, it is especially good for cold and dry weather.
- Petroleum-based Lip Balm: Like beeswax, petroleum-based lip balms are great at locking in moisture to keep lips from drying out. It is a great alternative for anyone with sensitive allergies, as beeswax contains some ingredients that might cause irritations.
- Lip Balm with SPF: These types of lip balms have the same moisture-retaining properties as other types but with added sun factor protection (SPF). This prevents drying from UV damage, making it the best lip balm for hot and sunny weather like during summer.
Top 10 list of lip balms in the UK (January 2021)
The top 10 list shows how brands and their lip balms compare. Which lip balm is the best?
- Lip balm: Burt's Bees knows how to naturally beautify and take care of your lips
- All natural: Enriched with 100 Percent natural ingredients, this natural lip balm…
- Vanilla bean lip balm: Bursting with all natural vanilla flavour, refresh and moisturise…
- Burt’s Bees lip balms are available in other fun flavours
- Sweet tropically scented lip balm
- Rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidant-rich ingredients
- Lip therapy
- Cocoa Butter
- Brand: Vaseline
- Packaging may vary
- Refer to packaging before use
- Not to be used for children under 3 years of age. Discontinue use if irritation…
- Number Of Items: 1
- Keeps lips moisturized for 8 hours
- Absorbs quickly to provide soft, smooth lips
- Give yourself an at home spa experience with Burt's Bees Conditioning Lip Scrub followed…
- Hydrate, condition and reduce fine lines on and around your lips while you sleep…
- Intense overnight lip treatment conditions and forms a protective layer to help restore…
- TINTED LIP BALM: Let this fabulously flattering shade enhance your natural lip and…
- All natural: Enriched with 100 Percent natural ingredients, this Burt's Bees lip…
- Long lasting: Just one swipe of this conditioning lip balm leaves your lips smooth…
- Protects the lips from drying out
- Made with natural oils and plant extracts
- Intensive nourishment and protection for very dry, chapped and cracked lips, leaves…
- Boost skin's moisture barrier
- Deeply moisturising
- Regenerates dry, chapped lips
- Pack of 6, .16 oz each stick
- Apply often for immediate relief and protection.
- Soothes and improves the appearance
* Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a lip balm test. Last Update 2021/01/16 08:15 o'clock.