Review10Best compares the best lip scrubs in the UK and selects the one by Barry M as the best exfoliator. In a lip scrub buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different exfoliators and see a recommendation on which lip scrub to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of exfoliators, you can find the best lip scrubs and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate lip scrub buying guide
- View the lip scrub picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to exfoliators
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
The best lip scrub will leave your lips smoother than ever, making it a popular buy for many people. However, choosing the right lip scrub can be difficult if you are unsure what the product is or what to consider when buying. Check out the handy buying guide below to help find the best lip scrubs possible. It has all the info you need to know, such as what a lip scrub is, its benefits, and what to look for when buying a one, making it easier to find the right lip scrub for your needs.
What are lip scrubs?
A lip scrub is a type of skincare product designed to exfoliate and rehydrate the lips. Ingredients vary from each product but most lip scrubs have a coarse material that removes dead skin cells from the lips to leave them smoother.
Why should you buy a good lip scrub?
The best lip scrub will leave the skin on the lips looking and feeling better than ever. Dead skin cells build up on our lips jut like skin elsewhere in the body, and if left untreated this can build up to leave lips dry and chapped while making it difficult for hydrating products like a lip balm to penetrate the skin. By using a combination of ingredients that includes exfoliants and moisturising agents, a lip scrub will remove dead skin from the lips while hydrating the skin, leaving lips feeling and looking smoother and softer.
How to choose the right lip scrub?
Not sure how to find a good lip scrub product for your needs? Here are a few things to think about when you are buying:
- Ingredients: Skin on our lips is highly sensitive, so you need to choose gentle ingredients that won’t cause any irritation. Most come with an oil or cream base, which includes emollients that help to soothe and moisturise lips. Suitable oils include jojoba, avocado, grapeseed, and coconut, while butters like shea, coconut, and cocoa are great emollients, too. Scrubs also have humectants, which help retain moisture to leave lips looking soft and smooth, with suitable ingredients including beeswax, ale, and glycerin.
- Exfoliants: Exfoliants are responsible for removing the dead skin cells on the lips, allowing the moisturizing ingredients to work more efficiently. Various ingredients are used, with popular choices including fine sugar, crystal sugar, crystal honey, coarse oats, and coffee grounds - avoid microbeads because they are terrible for the environment.
- Lip Condition: Always check your lips before buying a scrub, as their condition will influence what lip scrub is best for your needs. For instance, dry lips often require added emollients to help restore smoothen the skin, with ingredients like shea butter, jojoba oil, and vitamin E oils helping for this, while humectants like honey or glycerine restore and retain moisture to keep lips softer for longer.
What is the best kind of lip scrub in the UK?
There are several types of lip scrubs available and they are usually categorised by the main exfoliant ingredient. Popular examples include:
- Sugar Lip Scrubs: If you have only a small build-up of dead skin, then look for a scrub that has an exfoliant capable of gently removing the excess layers of skin. The finer texture of brown and white sugar are ideal exfoliants for the soft skin on our lips, making this type the most widely available. It is suitable for most people because the sugar is not too coarse so is unlikely to irritations when exfoliating.
- Salt Lip Scrubs: Sometimes you need a bit more scrubbing power for lips with lots of dead skin, which is where the coarser sea salt scrub is a good option, although it may be too rough for normal or sensitive skin. Make sure it has plenty of moisturising ingredients to compensate.
Top 10 list of lip scrubs in the UK (January 2021)
The top 10 list shows how brands and their lip scrubs compare. Which exfoliator is the best?
- Free from Animal Testing
- Avocado and Jojoba Oils to soften and hydrate.
- Vitamin E and Olive Oil antioxidants
- Free from Animal Testing
- Vitamin E and olive oil antioxidants
- Use morning and night for an extra soft finish
- Give yourself an at home spa experience with Burt's Bees Conditioning Lip Scrub followed…
- Apply a generous amount of Conditioning Lip Scrub on to your lips, scrub in a circular…
- 100% natural lip care, this scrub leaves lips feeling supple and smooth and perfectly…
- L’Oréal are removing the cellophane wrapper from the packaging of all…
- Use on face and lips
- Purifies and lifts blackheads
- Coconut Lip Scrub
- Net Quantity:27 gms
- Purely oil based so you will find less need to use conventional water-based lip…
- Soothing with jojoba seed oil
- CANDELILLA AND BEESWAX infused WITH NATURAL SUGAR scrub
- smooth lips
- Quantity: you will get 4 pieces of exfoliating lip brush tools in 4 different colors,…
- Using guides: apply the lip scrub and gently exfoliate lips with this silicone exfoliating…
- Applications: exfoliating lip brush provides your lips with a fuller appearance,…
- Cruelty-free, vegan and 100% free from Phthalates, Parabens, Nonylphenol, Ethoxylates,…
- Slim design fits perfectly in your purse or pocket
- Gently rub the lip exfoliator over your lips in small, circular motions, wipe gently…
- 100% Natural ingredients, Vegan friendly, cruelty free & Gluten Free
- Trio hero ingredients: pawpaw to nourish, olive oil to hydrate & Aloe Vera to…
- This petite pot is perfect to take anywhere for super soft lips on the go!
* Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a lip scrub test. Last Update 2021/01/21 05:24 o'clock.
Other reviews related to exfoliators