Some ladies have lashes that are scanty and scattered. Not very many of them will opt for false eyelashes, yet every lady loves to have lush eyelashes that appear neat, well aligned, polished and alluring, and this is exactly what good mascaras are all about. In the following, we tell you what you need to know to choose the best mascara for your needs.
What are mascaras?
Mascara is a beauty cosmetic applied to the eyelashes to lengthen, darken, define and thicken them. Mascara remains one of the most common cosmetics in the women's world, a cheap and easy way to beautify the eyes without false eyelashes. Although it can be made using several formulas, the core ingredients for making the best mascara remain wax, oil, and preservative. They come in cake, cream, and liquid forms. Nowadays, mascaras come with wands, that means brushes for applying the mascaras to the eyelashes, that come in different sizes and shapes.
Why should you buy a good mascara?
Mascara is primarily applied to the eyelashes to make them appear darker, thicker, longer and polished. However, the best mascaras have vitamins that protect the lashes and make them healthier, and color pigments that make them more beautiful and colorful.
How to choose the right mascara?
Choosing the right mascara is as important as getting one, and you can't get the best results using the wrong mascara. Failure to use the best mascara for your needs will break and eventually damage the eyelashes.
Here are a few things to look out for when picking great mascara for yourself:
- Lash Type: The first point to consider when you want to choose the right mascara for you is your lash type. The best mascara for another may not necessarily be the best for you. Getting to know whether you have long or short lashes, thin lashes or stumpy lashes, straight or curvy lashes, will help you determine which mascara is best for you.
- Formula: The next thing to look out for is the formula. Be sure that the formula will be mild with your lash type.
- Wand: Most people tend to ignore and neglect this one, but the formula and the wand work hand in hand to give your lashes that brilliant look. Applying the same mascara with different wands produces different results and this is what makes the wand one of the things you should consider when shopping for mascaras.
What is the best kind of mascara in the UK?
Although the final choice when picking the best mascara for you will be largely influenced by your personal preference and budget, you might want to go for the following types of mascara.
Go ahead and give your lashes the best:
- Lash Mascaras: These are arguably the best kind of mascara, as they offer an all-in-one effect. Lash mascaras extend the length, thicken and also curl your lashes, plus they are waterproof.
- Waterproof Mascaras: For those who live in wetter areas, tropical areas, have an oily skin type or run very busy schedules, waterproof mascara will prove to be a smart choice for them as it will not smudge or smear off.
- Curling mascaras: If curvy eyelashes are best for you, then curling mascaras should be your first choice. However, ladies with straight lashes may end up breaking or damaging their eyelashes.
- Lengthening Mascaras: This type of mascaras usually contains nylon fibers that help in lengthening the lashes. Ladies with straight or short lashes should go for this type of mascaras.
- Thickening Mascaras: Ladies with loose lashes should go for thickening mascaras with special wax to make their lashes look wider and thicker without making it too heavy.
Top 10 list of mascaras in the UK 2024
The bestseller list compares brands and their mascaras. Which mascara is the best?
- Note- The product is not supposed to be wrapped
- Contents: 1x Maybelline New York Lash Sensational Sky High Mascara in Black, 7.2…
- Bendable Flex Tower mascara brush flexibly reaches every lash for full lash coverage,…
- Contents: 1x Mascara Maybelline New York Lash Sensational, Shade: Very Black, Volume:…
- The low wax formula provides intense colour without sticking lashes together, Ophthalmologically…
- Place the brush at the base of your lashes and slightly twist upward to coat them;…
- Vitamin E-enriched formula with film-formers, waxes and pigments
- Hydrogels give lashes an ultra-smooth film for a healthy look
- Smudge-proof mascara in extreme black colour
- Washable Makeup Mascara: Long Lash Mascara Can Be Removed With Soap And Water Is…
- Volumizing Mascara Brush: Our Volume Maximizing Lash Formula And Brush Builds And…
- Voluminous Volume Building Mascara: The Uniquely Maximizing L Oreal Paris Voluminous…
- Its brush is made of Rilsan bristles designed to release the mascara gradually upon…
- The exclusive formula contains bio-selective polymers (1.1%) that cling to the damaged…
- Patented liquid lash formula coats lashes from root to tip
- Volumising formula that doesn't clump, flake or smudge
- Bold volume, length and thickness with perfect definition
- New max density brush
- Easy to remove
- Up to 24 hour of impact
- Contents: 1x Maybelline New York Mascara Falsies Lash Lift Wsh 01, Shade: Black,…
- Formula contains fibres that fill lashes with a generous volume and lengthens their…
- For a lifted lash effect, apply the mascara from root to tip, stretching the lashes…
- No clumping or sticking, mistake-free
- Vitamin E-enriched formula with film-formers, waxes and pigments keeps your eyelashes…
- Hydrogels give lashes a smooth, healthy-looking finish
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. Last Update: 2023/12/11.
- 100 Picture reviews | Cosmopolitan: What is the best mascara in the UK? Whether you're after a lengthening mascara or a volumising one, we have picture reviews of them ALL. (source: www.cosmopolitan.com)
- Best Mascara For Huge Lashes | Woman & Home: What is the best mascara in the UK? Maybelline, Benefit or Max Factor? (source: www.womanandhome.com)
- Mascara | Maybelline: Mascara Eye Makeup for Fuller, Thicker, Longer Eye Lashes by Maybelline. (source: www.maybelline.com)