Review10Best compares the best monitor in the UK and selects the one by HP as the best monitor. In a monitor buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different monitor and see a recommendation on which monitor to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of monitor, you can find the best monitor and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate monitor buying guide
- View the monitor picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to monitor
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Anyone with a great computer needs a good monitor, too. But finding the best option for your setup isn’t always obvious. There are many types of great monitors to choose from, with different sizes, specs, and features available, so it’s possible to find something suitable for every computer. However, finding the best monitor for your computer does require research, so check out this handy buying guide below for everything you need to know:
What are monitor?
A monitor is an important piece of computer hardware, being the main output device used to display video and graphics from the computer. Much like a good television screen, computer monitors come in many sizes and include a wide range of specifications, from affordable monitors for basic computer tasks to high-quality models designed for graphic design, gaming, watching 4K movies etc.
Why should you buy a good monitor?
Any desktop computer requires a monitor, so it’s a vital piece of hardware for anyone looking to get a PC. Because you tend to get a more basic monitor when buying a computer, many decide to upgrade to higher performance, larger, screen, or to use dual monitors for work. In any instance, the best monitors offer better display quality and can help increase productivity for anyone using their computer for work. Many are available for affordable prices too, so it’s possible to get a great monitor without spending too much.
How to choose the right monitor?
Choosing the best monitor depends mostly on the individual user, so it helps to consider a few things before you buy one.
- Size: Monitors come in a variety of sizes, so think about what size you need to help find something suitable. For instance, monitors with a screen size around 20 inches or lower are small but great for basic computing, while sizes between 21 and 27 inches are great for most home offices and for watching movies or playing games. If you’re serious about gaming or work in video editing, photograph or graphic design, then you may want to go for anything above 27 inches for the best viewing area possible.
- Resolutions: The best monitors available feature high resolutions, with 4K offering unrivaled display quality. However, not everyone requires such a high resolution, especially if you don’t want to invest a large sum of money. Full HD monitors feature the same resolution as an HD television, offering a quality display at an affordable price. Remember, your computer’s graphics card might not be able to handle the highest resolutions found in monitors, so be sure to check if you buy a 4K monitor or anything with a higher resolution than your current screen.
- Connectivity: Always check the connections on a new monitor to ensure they match those on your computer, as well as other devices such as a smartphone, DVD player or Blu-ray player. Most monitors come with HDMI ports, but you may require several of these depending on your other inputs, while other connections such as USB or VGA may be required.
What is the best kind of monitor in the UK?
There are various best-selling types of monitors you can buy, any of which you may find suitable, with some of the most popular options including:
- LED Monitors: Light-emitting diode (LED) monitors are one of the best options on the market, offering quality images without being too expensive. Images are detailed and vibrant, while the monitor usually features a slimline design.
- LCD Monitors: Liquid crystal display (LCD) monitors are another great option, offering a great display quality and at a reasonable price. They are very similar to LED monitors, with the main difference being they use cold cathode fluorescent (CCFL) backlighting, whereas light emitting diodes are used to backlight LED monitors. The contrast isn’t as high as with LED monitors, but they cost less so are a great monitor for anyone on a budget.
- IPS Monitors: In-plane switching (IPS) monitors feature the latest technology that offers much more detailed and accurate color on the display. Their image quality is much better for this reason, but they are also the most expensive type to buy, although anyone that requires a monitor for professional work such as photography, video editing, or graphic design will benefit from the enhanced image quality.
Top 10 list of monitor in the UK (April 2021)
The top 10 list shows how brands and their monitor compare. Which monitor is the best?
- Low blue light; Using the Low Blue Light mode subtly shifts your display's colours…
- Adjust your view; Adjust the screen to your personal preference with a 5-degree forward…
- See more of your actual screen and less of its borders with the 3-sided borderless…
- ZEROFRAME DESIGN: Acer's ZeroFrame design keeps bezels to a minimum making the VG220Q…
- AMD FREESYNC: With integrated AMD FreeSync, the VG220Q works in perfect harmony with…
- 1ms RESPONSE TIME: With a lightning-fast 1ms response time, you never need to worry…
- Easily tilt your monitor at your convenience with the robust stand
- Features PowerNap that reduces screen brightness or puts the monitor in sleep mode…
- Impressive screen performance: 178 Degree ultrawide viewing angle in Full HD 1920…
- Set the K2 series' display angle to optimize your view with its ergonomic stand that…
- The ComfyView display prevents reflections to provide greater eye comfort. It also…
- You'll enjoy tasks and entertainment more on this LED-backlit display with the fine…
- Connectivity technology: HDMI (Digital, HDCP)
- Display size: 27.0 inches
- Vesa wall mount - 100 x 100
- Intelligent performance, streamlined design
- Flicker free
- Display size: 24.0 inches Display technology: LED
- everything remains vivid and clear from 178° all around—even up into the…
- samsung's innovative va panel technology delivers an outstanding 3000:1 contrast…
- Display technology: LED
- amd freesync compatible monitors featuring 75hz refresh rate for leisure gaming
- engaging audio with built-in dual 3w speakers
- The stand is now 30 percent smaller, freeing up desk space without compromising sturdiness;…
- Contemporary design with thin bezels on three sides and a sturdy base for a clean,…
- The flicker-free screen with comfort view optimises eye comfort and reduces harmful…
- Smart Image Lite for easy optimized image settings
- Edge-to-edge glass and narrow border for seamless appearance
- DisplayPort connection for maximum visuals
* Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a monitor test. Last Update 2021/04/17 05:35 o'clock.
Other reviews related to monitor