Review10Best compares the best monitor in the UK and nominates the one from hp as the best monitor. In our monitor review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different monitor and follow our recommendation on which monitor to buy in the UK in 2019. With the monitor comparison, you can be sure to buy the best monitor on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate monitor buying guide
- View our monitor picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about monitor
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Anyone with a great computer needs a good monitor, too. But finding the best option for your setup isn’t always obvious. There are many types of great monitors to choose from, with different sizes, specs, and features available, so it’s possible to find something suitable for every computer. However, finding the best monitor for your computer does require research, so check out this handy buying guide below for everything you need to know:
What are monitor?
A monitor is an important piece of computer hardware, being the main output device used to display video and graphics from the computer. Much like a good television screen, computer monitors come in many sizes and include a wide range of specifications, from affordable monitors for basic computer tasks to high-quality models designed for graphic design, gaming, watching 4K movies etc.
Why should you buy a good monitor?
Any desktop computer requires a monitor, so it’s a vital piece of hardware for anyone looking to get a PC. Because you tend to get a more basic monitor when buying a computer, many decide to upgrade to higher performance, larger, screen, or to use dual monitors for work. In any instance, the best monitors offer better display quality and can help increase productivity for anyone using their computer for work. Many are available for affordable prices too, so it’s possible to get a great monitor without spending too much.
How to choose the right monitor?
Choosing the best monitor depends mostly on the individual user, so it helps to consider a few things before you buy one.
- Size: Monitors come in a variety of sizes, so think about what size you need to help find something suitable. For instance, monitors with a screen size around 20 inches or lower are small but great for basic computing, while sizes between 21 and 27 inches are great for most home offices and for watching movies or playing games. If you’re serious about gaming or work in video editing, photograph or graphic design, then you may want to go for anything above 27 inches for the best viewing area possible.
- Resolutions: The best monitors available feature high resolutions, with 4K offering unrivaled display quality. However, not everyone requires such a high resolution, especially if you don’t want to invest a large sum of money. Full HD monitors feature the same resolution as an HD television, offering a quality display at an affordable price. Remember, your computer’s graphics card might not be able to handle the highest resolutions found in monitors, so be sure to check if you buy a 4K monitor or anything with a higher resolution than your current screen.
- Connectivity: Always check the connections on a new monitor to ensure they match those on your computer, as well as other devices such as a smartphone, DVD player or Blu-ray player. Most monitors come with HDMI ports, but you may require several of these depending on your other inputs, while other connections such as USB or VGA may be required.
What is the best kind of monitor in the UK?
There are various best-selling types of monitors you can buy, any of which you may find suitable, with some of the most popular options including:
- LED Monitors: Light-emitting diode (LED) monitors are one of the best options on the market, offering quality images without being too expensive. Images are detailed and vibrant, while the monitor usually features a slimline design.
- LCD Monitors: Liquid crystal display (LCD) monitors are another great option, offering a great display quality and at a reasonable price. They are very similar to LED monitors, with the main difference being they use cold cathode fluorescent (CCFL) backlighting, whereas light emitting diodes are used to backlight LED monitors. The contrast isn’t as high as with LED monitors, but they cost less so are a great monitor for anyone on a budget.
- IPS Monitors: In-plane switching (IPS) monitors feature the latest technology that offers much more detailed and accurate color on the display. Their image quality is much better for this reason, but they are also the most expensive type to buy, although anyone that requires a monitor for professional work such as photography, video editing, or graphic design will benefit from the enhanced image quality.
Top 10 list of monitor in the UK (August 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their monitor rank and which monitor is the best.
- 2 years warranty
- Contemporary connectivity, easily take full advantage of the full HD screen, with…
- high quality from any angle, watch and enjoy your content in elegant full HD, from…
- Display diagonal: 21.5", Display brightness: 250 cd/m, Display resolution: 1920…
- Experience a best-in-class contrast ratio
- Reduce eyestrain with Eye Saver Mode
- Enjoy a truly immersive viewing experience
- VESA Wall Mounting : 100x100mm
- Doesnot Come with USB Port
- Splendid video Intelligence technology optimises video performance and image fid…
- Game mode instantly optimises screen colours and contrast for gaming to ensure you…
- Super slim curved panel: With an astonishingly slim 11.9 mm profile the solid curved…
- AMD FreeSync: By dynamically syncing screen refresh rate with image frame rate, AMD…
- · FreeSync, 75Hz refresh rate…
- · High colour depth
- · Huge IPS display in QHD…
- VESA Mount
- With its 4ms response time, you'll see the fastest on-screen motion clearly and smoothly…
- AMD Free Sync technology allows users to enjoy smooth images, even during the fastest…
- Picture-in-Picture feature allows you to do away with the need for a second monitor.…
- 1ms super fast response time and Freesync delivers fast, smooth gameplay
- Samsung's Picture-by-Picture capabilities let you connect to two different devices…
- Flicker-Free technology reduces flickering to give you a more comfortable gaming…
- The AOC Anti-Blue Light feature protects you from harmful blue light. Active screen…
- Multimedia-Ready with HDMI Input enables you to connect a secondary device to your…
- Black Stabilizer gives you full visual clarity, even in games where you spend a lot…
- With AMD FreeSync Technology, you can experience seamless, fluid movement during…
- LG IPS displays have extraordinary colour accuracy, covering 99% of the sRGB colour…
i,ii Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/08/23 19:34. o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program (case i) and Kelkoo Associates Program (case ii), a affiliate advertising programs that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon and other merchants. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best monitor