Review10Best looks at the best multi tools in the UK and selects the one by Makita as the best multi tool. In a multi tool buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different multi tools and see a recommendation on which multi tool to buy in the UK in 2020. By considering the top list of multi tools, you can find the best multi tools and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate multi tool buying guide
- View the multi tool picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about multi tools
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
The best multi tool lets you complete all kinds of DIY tasks using a single device, making it incredibly convenient and cost-effective. Yet finding the right multi tool can be challenging when there are so many products to choose from and a few things to consider before you buy. To help with this, we’ve created a simple multi tool buying guide. It covers all the information that you need to know to find the best multi tools.
What are multi tools?
A multi tool, also known as an oscillating multi tool, is a power tool that uses interchangeable heads to complete various functions. This combines all the most common power tools in a single device, allowing the user to saw, sand, scrape, and grind various types of materials. Available as corded and battery-powered, a good multi tool can come with a wide range of attachments for different functions, while the speed and power settings can vary from model to model.
Why should you buy a good multi tool?
As one of the most versatile tools available, you cannot go wrong with the best multi tool in your home or workshop. It allows you to complete different DIY tasks using a single device, saving a lot of time and effort switching between tools, not to mention saving a small fortune! Whether you have a lot of home improvement projects, enjoy DIY, or just want to have access to various tools for emergency repairs, a multi tool is one of the best tools to have at your disposal.
How to choose the right multi tool?
Not everyone knows what to look for when buying a power tool, so here are some things to look out for when you are planning to buying a great multi tool:
- Speed Settings: The more speed settings a multi tool offers the better, as you can adjust this to accommodate different tasks. For instance, when using the sanding attachment you want to be able to switch between high and low speeds to get the desired finish for different materials.
- Power: Measured in watts, the power of a multi tool indicates how quickly and efficiently it performs each function, with higher wattages meaning you can complete tasks much quicker. This is especially useful for larger projects with many tasks to complete, although it does mean the tool will cost a lot more than a low-powered model.
- Manoeuvrability: A corded multi tool offers less manoeuvrability and this can be a hassle when working in tight spaces or hard to reach areas. If you need unrestricted freedom when using the tool, consider a battery operated multi tool as these provide the best manoeuvrability.
- Accessories: Multi tools come with a wide array of accessories, with each attachment providing an additional function. Consider what tasks you need the tool for and then look for a product that comes with the appropriate accessories.
What is the best kind of multi tool in the UK?
There are two main types of multi tools available to buy:
- Corded Multi Tools: This variant is plugged into mains power to operate. The most powerful multi tools are often corded as they can deliver higher voltages, so if you have a large project to deal with or need all the power you can get this is the best choice of multi tool.
- Cordless Multi Tools: A cordless multi tool is battery operated, allowing unrestricted movement when working on projects. This can be useful in many situations, providing the freedom needed to get into tight spots, high spaces, or when working outdoors. Just be mindful of the run time and consider buying additional batteries if you are using the tool for long periods.
Top 10 list of multi tools in the UK (September 2020)
This top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their multi tools rank and which multi tool is the best.
- Soft start and anti restart function
- Variable speed control dial
- Accessories (sold separately ) can be installed at 30 degree increments, across 360…
- Intimate Service - Bibury team provides customers with quality products and services.…
- Swiss Designer Team - The Multi Tool is carefully deaigned by a Swiss designer team…
- Great Performance - This type of multitool used super tough and durable stainless…
- Optimum guidance due to optional attachment of an auxiliary handle
- Maintain an exact cutting depth using the 4-stage depth stop
- Convenient, effortless changing of all accessories thanks to magnetic tool holder…
- 3m rubberised cable with BS Plug
- Variable speed control to allow for the correct speed to be selected for the job
- Robust case to protect and hold the SabreCut Multitool and all accessories
- We offer 1-Year excellent customer service, which makes your purchase absolutely…
- Durable Stainless Steel-Made of 420J2 stainless steel materials after quench hardening…
- Handy-Convenient for home uses as well as outdoor activities such as camping, fishing,…
- Wonderful Christmas Gift: 100% snowflake type, creating strong Christmas holiday…
- Packing List & Size: Come with free key ring and black gift box, black and silver…
- Portable & Practical Tool: More than 18 types of usages for you to discover!…
- Compatible with AirLock dust extraction system
- Full variable speed (0-22, 000 opm) for ultimate control
- Dual position rocker switch with "lock-on" for continual operation
- 100% satisfaction: Local Stock, fast delivery. We offer returns and exchanges service…
- Widely Applications: This oscillation tool is perfect for cutting metal, screws,…
- Comfortable Design: with Vibration-reducing soft-grip handle and lightweight design,…
- Blade, Hex Key, scraper, sanding base & 2 sanding sheets
- Versatile tool for cutting, sanding & grinding
- Vibration-reducing soft-grip handle
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a multi tool test. Last Update 2020/09/22 21:06. o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best multi tools