Review10Best compares the best ovens in the UK and selects the one by Indesit as the best oven. In a oven buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different ovens and see a recommendation on which oven to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of ovens, you can find the best ovens and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate oven buying guide
- View the oven picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to ovens
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
A good oven should last for many years without issue. Buying an oven is often a hard process, as there are so many makes and models out there that it’s tough to determine what is worth buying. Given how important an oven is, it makes sense to do some research to ensure you get a quality appliance that lasts ten years or longer.
Check out the buying guide below for how to choose the best oven for your home.
What are ovens?
An oven is a cooking appliance that consists of an insulated chamber that warm, bakes, and cooks several types of foods. Most people have an oven included with a freestanding cooker, which includes an induction hob and grill, but there are dedicated ovens that can be built into walls, counters, and even placed on countertops.
Why should you buy a good oven?
If you want to cook food with ease, you’re going to need a good quality oven. Ovens are very versatile appliances, suitable for heating, re-heating, baking, and cooking various types of foods. Furthermore, various types of ovens come in different shapes and sizes, offering different functions, so there is plenty of choices when it comes to buying a good oven.
How to choose the right oven?
Choosing the best oven depends mostly on your individual needs. Therefore, it helps to make a few considerations before you buy. Here are some things to think about to ensure you get a suitable oven:
- Electric or Gas: Electric ovens are by far the most popular to buy. They are widely available for reasonable prices, and most types of ovens sold are electric types. Gas ovens are still available and mostly reserved for professional kitchens. At home, they are far less common. However, gas ovens are usually the cheapest to operate, although cost more in initial outlay.
- Size: There are various oven sizes to choose from, so think about what size suits your needs most. For instance, a compact oven is great for people short on space, while a double oven offers a huge cooking chamber, making it a fine option for families and large households.
- Design: Ovens come in various designs, any of which may be perfect for your kitchen. For example, a built-in wall oven is fitted directly into cabinets, while a built-under design sees the oven sit beneath a countertop. Also, there are more unique designs such as a toaster oven, which is a stand-alone unit that can sit atop a counter.
What is the best kind of oven in the UK?
There are several types of great ovens available to buy, with the following options being among the most popular:
- Convection Oven: A convection oven features a fan and exhaust system that circulates hot air throughout the cooking chamber. As a result, convection ovens cook food much quicker and don’t need to be pre-heated.
- Toaster Oven: A toaster oven is similar in size to a microwave, making it the smallest type of oven available. It works like a larger sized oven but is much more compact, so has a limited capacity, but you can still cook plenty of foods in it. Also, it's one of the cheapest ovens available to buy.
- Wall Oven: Built-in wall ovens are built into cabinets in a kitchen, making it a great option for saving space. The best wall ovens look fantastic, offering an attractive aesthetic and a very reliable appliance suitable for cooking, baking, reheating etc.
Top 10 list of ovens in the UK (January 2021)
The top 10 list shows how brands and their ovens compare. Which oven is the best?
- Dimensions 595 (H) x 595 (W) x 551 (D)
- Enamel interior
- Button and dial controls
- 13 amp connection, Rotary controls | Warranty: 10 years parts and 1 year’s…
- Mark resistant stainless steel control panel
- Cooling fan, Variable grill, Double glazed door
- This Oven comes with a 12 month guarantee, an A+ Energy rating and is CE Certifi…
- Being a Fan Oven gives you loads of advantages over conventional cooking. For instance…
- You get a choice of several functions including Defrost, where the only the fan is…
- This product comes with a free one year manufacturer guarantee. A free second year…
- This integrated oven also comes with 2 shelves so you can cook a variety of dishes…
- 5 oven functions which include convection with fan, single grill, grill with fan
- Grey Enamel Interior, rotary dial
- Red LED display Control, full glass inner door
- 3D hotair, straight bar handle
- Knob controls
- Digital display
- Easy Clean Interior
- Main Oven Capacity 65
- Fuel Type Electric
- When it comes to cleaning, the door is removable and the interior is enamel making…
- You get a choice of several functions such as Defrost, Fan Convection, Grill and…
- The COF600WH comes with a simple, yet indispensable oven timer in the form of a 120…
- Main Oven Capacity: 65
- Fuel Type: Electric
- Energy Efficiency: A
* Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a oven test. Last Update 2021/01/24 10:57 o'clock.
Other reviews related to ovens