Review10Best compares the best perfumes for men in the UK and selects the one by Hugo Boss as the best perfume for men. In a perfume for men buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different perfumes for men and see a recommendation on which perfume for men to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of perfumes for men, you can find the best perfumes for men and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate perfume for men buying guide
- View the perfume for men picks and see how they rank in the top list
- More about perfumes for men on the web
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Looking for the best perfume for men but don’t know what to choose? It’s a common problem, especially when buying perfume for a gift, as men tend to have different preferences than women when choosing a fragrance to wear. To make the buying process easier, check out the guide below for all the info you need to choose a great perfume for men.
What are perfumes for men?
Perfume is a liquid fragrance made from various ingredients, usually essential oils and spices, that is sprayed or dabbed onto the body. Available for men or women, fragrances that are tailored towards men tend to have zesty or spicy aromas, although any range of smells are available to suit all tastes.
Traditionally known as aftershave, perfume for men is simply a fragranced liquid that smells nice, whereas aftershave is applied to the face after shaving to reduce irritations. Even the best perfumes for men don’t provide this function but are still called aftershaves.
Why should you buy a good perfume for men?
Whether buying for a friend, relative, or partner, a men's perfume makes for a great gift. It leaves the wearer smelling pleasant and can often increase confidence, often making them feel more attractive to women, with many men wearing aftershave for special occasions or everyday use.
It also makes a great gift for yourself! If you’re a guy that likes to smell nice then you cannot go wrong with the best perfume.
How to choose the right perfume for men?
If you want to choose the best men's perfume there are a few things to consider:
- Fragrance: Think about what fragrances he likes and whether the product you buy will cater to his tastes. Men have varying preferences when it comes to aftershave, so consider checking what he uses and finding something similar.
- Concentration: The higher the concentration the longer the smell lasts, so always check this to see how much staying power it has. The best perfumes for men have a concentration of around 20-30%, which should last for around 8 hours. Lower concentrations don’t last as long but are usually cheaper, so try to find the right balance between cost and concentration.
- Size: Perfume for men comes in various size options, with bigger bottles costing a bit more but offering better value for money. However, if buying for someone else it could be risky to choose the largest size, as he may not like it, so always go for a smaller bottle to be on the safe side - if he likes it he can always get more!
Remember, it’s a smell that he will like not one that you like (although if you can cover both you’re onto a real winner!) Citrus fruits, wooded, balsamic, and spice fragrances tend to be the most popular perfumes for men.
What is the best kind of perfume for men in the UK?
Here are the main types of perfume for men:
- Parfum: The highest concentration and probably the best quality perfume for men, parfum has 20-30% concentration so will last for up to 8 hours. It’s also the most expensive type of perfume!
- Eau de Parfum: This has the second highest concentration, typically between 15-20%, lasting for around 5 hours.
- Eau de Toilette: On the best-selling type of perfume for men, it has a concentration between 5% and 15%, lasting four around 3 hours. Prices are very affordable and there are many fragrances to choose from!
Top 10 list of perfumes for men in the UK (November 2021)
The bestseller list compares brands and their perfumes for men. Which perfume for men is the best?
- Content: 100ml
- Fragrance note: woody
- Gender: Men
- A subtly scented grooming essential for a confident, active man
- For a man of enduring style
- Classic with a modern twist
- Item weight:100 Grams
- High quality
- Truly intense and daring fragrance
- Content: 125ml
- Fragrance note: aromatic
- Gender: Men
- Note: The manufacturer of Ted Baker Perfumes doesn't wrap this perfume in cellop…
- An Eau De Toilette spray for men, 75 ml bottle
- Notes of Japanese Yuzu, Black Peppercorn and Coriander
- 3.4 fl oz (100 ml)
- Precious ingredients from all over the world have been blended into a fresh, fruity,…
- Medium Scent longevity
- Usage occasion: Day or Night
- Personality: Refined. Distinctive. Timeless.
- Base Notes: Benzoin, Tonka bean, Gaiac wood
- Heart Notes: Tuberose, Orris absolute, Leather
- A sensual, Neo oriental Eau De Perfume , A daringly charismatic fragnanace , expressing…
- Masculine and unmistakably Boss
- An aftershave for men
- Fragrance from the designer house of Hugo Boss
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best perfumes for men, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a perfume for men test. Last Update: 2021/11/27.
Further resources about perfumes for men