Review10Best compares the best perfumes in the UK and selects the one by Calvin Klein as the best perfume. In a perfume buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different perfumes and see a recommendation on which perfume to buy in the UK in 2022. By considering the top list of perfumes, you can find the best perfumes and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate perfume buying guide
- View the perfume picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other perfume brands
- More about perfumes on the web
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Finding the best perfume is never easy. Not only are there so many options available with new releases always around the corner, personal tastes often change over time, with many people looking for a great new perfume to try out.
Also, buying the best perfume as a gift can be a nightmare, as knowing someone else’s tastes is rarely easy. So, knowing what to look for in perfume and what options are available can make the process much easier.
What are perfumes?
Perfume is a term for any liquid fragrances applied to the body to produce a pleasant smell. There are various types of perfume available, all of which can be made from any number of ingredients. Typically, the best perfume is made from a combination of oils extracted from flowers and spices.
Why should you buy a good perfume?
A good perfume leaves a lovely smell behind, which many people enjoy.
There’s a rather simple reason to buy perfume - because you like it. Producing a nice smell on the body, people gain confidence when they find a great perfume that leaves them smelling wonderful. Some people feel more attractive when wearing an amazing perfume, while others associate the smell with strong memories (such as their mother’s perfume), and some just like smelling nice, so there is any number of reasons to buy perfume.
Perfume is also a great gift, so if you are struggling for ideas then it’s well worth consideration.
How to choose the right perfume?
There are so many different perfumes out there it can rather overwhelming trying to find one. Some people love many fragrances and struggle to decide on one, while others don’t really know what they want. Here’s some things to consider for finding the best perfume you can:
- Concentration: The concentration of the perfume refers to its lasting power. Those with higher concentrations last longer, but are also more expensive. Consider how often you apply perfume, and how strong you like the smell to be after using it; those that love a strong scent throughout the day may want to opt for higher concentrations.
- Fragrances: Finding the best perfume depends entirely on your fragrance preferences. There are so many perfumes available as there is an endless supply of ingredients that produce various fragrances. For example, floral fragrances utilise the scents from nature’s most pleasant-smelling flowers to mimic this smell, spicy fragrances consist of various exotic spices for a potent scent, while citrus fragrances produce a zesty scent. Always test various fragrances to see if you like their scents, while also thinking about previous perfumes their fragrance types to get an idea of what you might like.
- Don’t test too many: Trying to many different perfumes is never a good idea. Our sense of smell can be easily confused when overloaded with various new smells, making it harder to determine which might be the best perfume. Try to use the blotters provided in-stores when shopping for a good perfume to get a better sense of the different fragrances and concentrations.
What is the best kind of perfume in the UK?
There’s so many great perfumes out there than finding a new one is rarely easy. Perfume types are categorised by their concentration levels:
- Parfum: Considered by many to be the best perfume, Parfum is the type of perfumes with the highest concentrations, usually between 20-30%. A great perfume for anyone seeking a long-lasting fragrance, although it is quite costly compared to other types.
- Eau de Parfum: The second highest concentration of perfume is known as Eau de Parfum. Expect to get around 5 hours’ worth of smell, while this type of perfume is better priced than Parfum, making it great choice for anyone seeking an affordable option.
- Eau de Toilette: Perhaps the best-selling type of perfume, it offers concentrations between 5% and 15%, which last a few hours. Very affordable in most instances and with a wide variety of fragrances, this is the best perfume for anyone seeking a pleasant scent that isn’t too powerful.
Top 10 list of perfumes in the UK (May 2022)
The bestseller list compares brands and their perfumes. Which perfume is the best?
- Note: The color of the bottle is pinky/purple
- 100 ml bottle
- Base notes of amber and vanilla
- 6.7 fl oz (200 ml)
- A take on ck one scent designed to be worn by all
- 100 ml
- Note : Item has a PAO of 38M
- Provocative, masculine, sexy
- An ideal gift for woman
- Gentle fragrance
- Underneath a smooth combination of cedar and vanilla
- Base notes of musk, apricot skin and lemon tree wood
- Middle notes of jasmine, lily, rose and vanilla
- Top notes of tangerine, blackcurrant and freesia
- A GREAT GIFT FOR THE WOMAN IN YOUR LIFE – since 1867 The House of Cerruti has…
- CLASSIC AND SOPHISTICATED GLASS BOTTLE - a classy frosted styled bottle full of elegance…
- CHIC, FLORAL AND NATURAL - this clean womens perfume has top notes of freesia and…
- Base notes of orange, vanilla, peach, Indian rose and musk
- Floral and fruity scent
- An Eau de toilette for women
- Spray on pulse points around the body: neck, decolletage, wrists, ankles to increase…
- An oriental perfume, the perfect gift for her. As an EDP this contains more perfume…
- BOSS The Scent for Her, the seductive perfume for women by BOSS Fragrances. An irresistible…
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best perfumes, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a perfume test. Last Update: 2022/05/16.
Other perfume brands
- Best Chloé Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Chanel Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Hugo Boss Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Gucci Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Versace Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Lacoste Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Ariana Grande Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Calvin Klein Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Hermes Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Escada Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Bvlgari Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Tom Ford Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best DKNY Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Christina Aguilera Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Yves Saint Laurent Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Dior Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Michael Kors Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Jil Sander Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Prada Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Kenzo Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Marc Jacobs Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Diesel Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Burberry Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Lancôme Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Miro Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Guerlain Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Joop Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Victoria Secret Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Roberto Cavalli Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Dolce Gabbana Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Givenchy Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Bruno Banani Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Narciso Rodriguez Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Hollister Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Tommy Hilfiger Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Valentino Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Jimmy Choo Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Jean Paul Gaultier Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Moschino Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Cartier Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Abercrombie Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Emporio Armani Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Guess Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Karl Lagerfeld Perfume in the UK 2022
- Best Puma Perfume in the UK 2022
Further resources about perfumes
- Best Perfumes & Fragrances for Women | Allure: Check out Allure's picks for the best perfumes & fragrances for women. (source: www.allure.com)
- The Best Fragrances of All Time | InStyle.com: Find out which fragrances will always have a special spot on our vanities. (source: www.instyle.com)
- Our Editors Share Their Signature Scents | ELLE: What does an ELLE editor smell like? Bottle our scents and you've got an intoxicating mix. (source: www.elle.com)