Review10Best looks at the best pocket knives in the UK and selects the one by Promithi as the best pocket knife. In a pocket knife buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different pocket knives and see a recommendation on which pocket knife to buy in the UK in 2020. By considering the top list of pocket knives, you can find the best pocket knives and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate pocket knife buying guide
- View the pocket knife picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about pocket knives
- More about pocket knives on the web
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
A pocket knife is one of the best tools you can own. They are very useful for a variety of tasks, especially for people that enjoy outdoor recreational activities, while being handy for many everyday jobs. With so many options available, finding the best pocket knife can be easier said than done. There is a lot to consider before buying a pocket knife, and it is important to know what aspects of pocket knife would make them better suited for your personal needs.
What are pocket knives?
A pocket knife is a folding knife that features one or more blades that are folded into the handle when not in use. It’s a great design in that it allows users to safely carry a compact knife without risk of accidental injury, allowing the blade to be quickly accessed whenever needed.
As the name implies, a pocket knife is usually small enough to fit comfortably in a pocket, although there are certain types of models that have a much larger blade and handle. When the blade is removed from the handle, it fully extends, allowing users to grip the handle for more control over the knife.
Why should you buy a good pocket knife?
Pocket knives are a fantastic multi purpose tool with many uses. Their most traditional use is for outdoor recreation, such as fishing, camping, and hunting, although their versatility allows for many more uses, even around the home. From hobbies such as wood carving to prepping in the kitchen, there is no shortage of uses with a pocket knife, so it is no surprise this great tool has remained so popular over the years.
How to choose the right pocket knife?
With so many great pocket knife options available, finding the best choice for you can take some consideration. There are a lot of different styles of pocket knife, with each one providing their distinct pros and cons.
- Size: The size of the blade is an obvious thing to consider when looking for the best pocket knife. Traditionally, the blade of the pocket knife is supposed to be quite small. This is great for many purposes but more important for legal reasons. Smaller blades tend to have no legal restrictions on carrying them, making them the best option for most people. Plus, they are much easier to carry, which is why a pocket knife with small blades is the best pocket knife size for the most part.
- Knife Edge: The type of edge on the blade is very important when choosing a pocket knife, as you want the best pocket knife edge to suit your uses. For instance, a plain edge blade is the most common blade type on a pocket knife and is great for almost any type of cutting, so is a fine option for most buyers. However, a serrated blade may be better suited for some, as it excels in cutting tougher materials due to the additional pressure from the blade.
- Uses: What do you intend to use the pocket knife for? There are so many uses for one, so knowing your intentions with the pocket knife will ensure you get a good model. Many want a great pocket knife for everyday use, in which case a small, compact model with a comfortable round grip may be the better option. For those out hunting, camping or the like, a more robust and durable pocket knife is worth consideration.
What is the best kind of pocket knife in the UK?
Although there are countless varieties of pocket knives available, many modern types rely on a universal design of a single blade that often lock in place, which can lead to legal restrictions on certain countries. However, traditional pocket knife designs are still viewed as the best types due to their timeless design and functionality.
Here are some popular types widely available today:
- Barlow Pocket Knife: This pocket knife features two blades, along with a longer, thinner handle. It's great pocket knife that is versatile.
- Stockman Pocket Knife: This type of pocket knife usually comes with three blades of different design, all of which are fitted with a clip point. Best used for general use, and may lack strength due to thinner blades.
- Trapper Pocket Knife: Trapper pocket knives are usually larger and consists of a Spey blade and clip blade. Its name derives from being used by trappers, making it a popular skinning blade that is a fine option for outdoor use.
Top 10 list of pocket knives in the UK (October 2020)
This top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their pocket knives rank and which pocket knife is the best.
- Full length 19cm, blade length 7cm High Grade stainless steel made blade and resin…
- safety lock prevents unwanted folding of the blade
- with belt clip
- nail groove on the blade ensuring compliance with two-handed operation according…
- [SWISS DESIGNER TEAM] - The Multi Tool is carefully deaigned by a Swiss designer…
- [EASY TO CARRY] - All little tools could be folded easily without taking much placeeasy…
- [USES] - Outdoor and indoor pursuits , Camping , Fishing , Hiking , Hunting , Survival…
- Made in Switzerland carries lifetime warranty against defects
- Blade length: 9 cm; blade type: folding blade
- Compact and sturdy knife for campers, hunters and all-around users
- Unlockable folding blade
- Blade under 3 inches
- Stunning handle finish , Total Length: 4" , Blade length: 1.5" , Closed…
- Intimate Service - Bibury team provides customers with quality products and services.…
- Swiss Designer Team - The Multi Tool is carefully deaigned by a Swiss designer team…
- Great Performance - This type of multitool used super tough and durable stainless…
- Rockwell Hardness: HRC56
- Hand Orientation: Left and Right. Lock Style: Liner
- Main Blade Material: AUS-8. Handle material: Glass Filled Nylon
- Compatible with most standard utility and hook blades
- One handed operation blade slider - extends the blade quickly and easily
- For security the blades cannot be used simultaneously
- Supplied in card box
- Zebra wood handle with stainless steel bolster
- 3.5” closed length
- Blade is less than 3 inch without lock and legal to carry.
- Real leather sheath
- Color dyed bone handle with handmade mosaic pin. Real leather sheath
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a pocket knife test. Last Update 2020/10/24 00:45 o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best pocket knives
Further resources about pocket knives
- Can I use a lock-knife for bushcraft? | Paulkirtley: This is a question I’ve been asked many times. The answer is “it depends”. (source: paulkirtley.co.uk)
- How to make a Sheffield pocket knife | The Guardian: Still at the cutting edge of his craft, a little mester shows Jon Henley the skills that once made his city the capital of cutlery. (source: www.theguardian.com)
- Maximizing Bang for Buck | morethanjustsurviving: When you’re shopping around for folding knives, all the while trying to get the most bang for your buck possible (source: morethanjustsurviving.com)