Review10Best compares the best pocket knives in the UK and selects the one by HONZIN as the best pocket knife. In a pocket knife buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different pocket knives and see a recommendation on which pocket knife to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of pocket knives, you can find the best pocket knives and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate pocket knife buying guide
- View the pocket knife picks and see how they rank in the top list
- More about pocket knives on the web
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
A pocket knife is one of the best tools you can own. They are very useful for a variety of tasks, especially for people that enjoy outdoor recreational activities, while being handy for many everyday jobs. With so many options available, finding the best pocket knife can be easier said than done. There is a lot to consider before buying a pocket knife, and it is important to know what aspects of pocket knife would make them better suited for your personal needs.
What are pocket knives?
A pocket knife is a folding knife that features one or more blades that are folded into the handle when not in use. It’s a great design in that it allows users to safely carry a compact knife without risk of accidental injury, allowing the blade to be quickly accessed whenever needed.
As the name implies, a pocket knife is usually small enough to fit comfortably in a pocket, although there are certain types of models that have a much larger blade and handle. When the blade is removed from the handle, it fully extends, allowing users to grip the handle for more control over the knife.
Why should you buy a good pocket knife?
Pocket knives are a fantastic multi purpose tool with many uses. Their most traditional use is for outdoor recreation, such as fishing, camping, and hunting, although their versatility allows for many more uses, even around the home. From hobbies such as wood carving to prepping in the kitchen, there is no shortage of uses with a pocket knife, so it is no surprise this great tool has remained so popular over the years.
How to choose the right pocket knife?
With so many great pocket knife options available, finding the best choice for you can take some consideration. There are a lot of different styles of pocket knife, with each one providing their distinct pros and cons.
- Size: The size of the blade is an obvious thing to consider when looking for the best pocket knife. Traditionally, the blade of the pocket knife is supposed to be quite small. This is great for many purposes but more important for legal reasons. Smaller blades tend to have no legal restrictions on carrying them, making them the best option for most people. Plus, they are much easier to carry, which is why a pocket knife with small blades is the best pocket knife size for the most part.
- Knife Edge: The type of edge on the blade is very important when choosing a pocket knife, as you want the best pocket knife edge to suit your uses. For instance, a plain edge blade is the most common blade type on a pocket knife and is great for almost any type of cutting, so is a fine option for most buyers. However, a serrated blade may be better suited for some, as it excels in cutting tougher materials due to the additional pressure from the blade.
- Uses: What do you intend to use the pocket knife for? There are so many uses for one, so knowing your intentions with the pocket knife will ensure you get a good model. Many want a great pocket knife for everyday use, in which case a small, compact model with a comfortable round grip may be the better option. For those out hunting, camping or the like, a more robust and durable pocket knife is worth consideration.
What is the best kind of pocket knife in the UK?
Although there are countless varieties of pocket knives available, many modern types rely on a universal design of a single blade that often lock in place, which can lead to legal restrictions on certain countries. However, traditional pocket knife designs are still viewed as the best types due to their timeless design and functionality.
Here are some popular types widely available today:
- Barlow Pocket Knife: This pocket knife features two blades, along with a longer, thinner handle. It's great pocket knife that is versatile.
- Stockman Pocket Knife: This type of pocket knife usually comes with three blades of different design, all of which are fitted with a clip point. Best used for general use, and may lack strength due to thinner blades.
- Trapper Pocket Knife: Trapper pocket knives are usually larger and consists of a Spey blade and clip blade. Its name derives from being used by trappers, making it a popular skinning blade that is a fine option for outdoor use.
Top 10 list of pocket knives in the UK (April 2021)
The top 10 list shows how brands and their pocket knives compare. Which pocket knife is the best?
- [SWISS DESIGNER TEAM] - The Multi Tool is carefully deaigned by a Swiss designer…
- [EASY TO CARRY] - All little tools could be folded easily without taking much placeeasy…
- [USES] - Outdoor and indoor pursuits , Camping , Fishing , Hiking , Hunting , Survival…
- Lifetime warranty
- Glass breaker feature
- Rust resistant
- Integral bottle opener
- Ergonomic aluminium handle
- Liner lock secures blade in open position
- 15.5cm total length. Great for every day carry as well as camping, hiking, fishing…
- slip joint design allowing this knife to be carries in most public places legally.…
- The handle is 9cm long and makes use of a slip joint design allowing this knife to…
- Dimensions: height 16, 5 mm, length 91 mm, weight 77 g Scale material: ABS / Cellidor…
- Lifetime Warranty: Victorinox guarantees all knives and tools to be of first-class…
- Swiss made pocket knife with 13 functions: large blade, small blade, can opener,…
- Lockable blade
- Sturdy pocket clip
- Lightweight open stainless steel handles
- If there any problem on the item, Please contact our seller support.We provide 12…
- Travail à froid et à chaud, lame tranchante.
- Exquisite pattern carving.Soft line handle design.Use comfort.
- Hardness: 50-52
- Handle Material: Stainless Steel, Resin Weight: 119.4 g
- Blade Material: 420 Stainless Steel Blades: Natural Bone Handle
- UNLOCKABLE FOLDING BLADE
- BLADE UNDER 3 INCHES
- The tool features: 1x Non-locking 1.5" folding blade and key ring attachment…
* Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a pocket knife test. Last Update 2021/04/17 05:07 o'clock.
Further resources about pocket knives
- Can I use a lock-knife for bushcraft? | Paulkirtley: This is a question I’ve been asked many times. The answer is “it depends”. (source: paulkirtley.co.uk)
- How to make a Sheffield pocket knife | The Guardian: Still at the cutting edge of his craft, a little mester shows Jon Henley the skills that once made his city the capital of cutlery. (source: www.theguardian.com)
- Maximizing Bang for Buck | morethanjustsurviving: When you’re shopping around for folding knives, all the while trying to get the most bang for your buck possible (source: morethanjustsurviving.com)