Review10Best compares the best refrigerators in the UK and selects the one by Russell Hobbs as the best refrigerator. In a refrigerator buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different refrigerators and see a recommendation on which refrigerator to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of refrigerators, you can find the best refrigerators and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate refrigerator buying guide
- View the refrigerator picks and see how they rank in the top list
- More about refrigerators on the web
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
A refrigerator is an essential appliance for any household. With many different types to choose from, including a variety of price ranges to suit most budgets, finding the best refrigerator for your home should be easy to do.
What are refrigerators?
A refrigerator, also known as fridge, is a common household appliance used for food storage. It works by removing warm heat from the inside of the refrigerator and transferring it outside, helping to regulate the temperature inside so that it is cold enough to preserve fresh food and drink.
Why should you buy a good refrigerator?
If you want to store food and drink in your home, you will definitely need a good refrigerator. Otherwise, everything will start to go off and be unusable in a short amount of time. Not only does it help preserve food, but a great refrigerator can offer many additional features such as an ice and water dispenser, temperature control and ergonomic shelf designs that allow for more storage. While a great refrigerator doesn’t need to come with any additional features, they can certainly offer some nice perks that let you get even more from the appliance!
How to choose the right refrigerator?
In order to find the best fridge for your home, there are a few things to take into consideration. There’s plenty of options available on the market, and each one offers its own set of benefits depending on what you are looking for.
- Size: Perhaps the most important thing to consider, the size of the refrigerator will impact its overall price, how much storage it offers, and whether it will fit into your kitchen. Always measure the area it will be going into and the actual size of a potential refrigerator. Bigger isn’t necessarily better. For example, you won’t need a massive refrigerator if it is only holding food for a single adult or a couple, while a family with children will likely need something more spacious.
- Freezer Size: The best fridges include a spacious freezer compartment that allows you to freeze food for longer storage. However, refrigerators can have a freezer of almost any size, so be sure to consider how much space you want for freezing food.
- Style: As one of the main appliances at home, it makes sense that refrigerators are available in very stylish designs. Different door styles are available and, and they don’t just impact the aesthetics of a refrigerator but also how functional it may be. For instance, tall refrigerators with double doors will offer more storage compartments but could be difficult to open depending on its location in the kitchen. Meanwhile, an under-counter refrigerator may be a better style for those struggling for space.
What is the best kind of refrigerator in the UK?
Picking the best refrigerator for your kitchen is simple enough to do, as the style of the refrigerator usually impacts what options are suitable for you. You may need a smaller refrigerator because of a compact kitchen or it you could require something large and spacious to hold plenty of food.
There are currently quite a few types of fridges to choose from, including:
- Refrigerator with Top Freezer: The freezer section is at the top of the appliance and will be smaller in size. This is a great refrigerator for offering some storage even in tight spaces and will come with a very reasonable price, making them a fine option for anyone on a budget.
- Refrigerator with Bottom Freezer: Virtually the same as a top freezer, just with the freezer location switched around. This makes it easier to access the refrigerator section for fresher foods, with the need to bend down to gain access to the bottom freezer compartments. This is also one of the best-priced refrigerators available.
- Side-By-Side Refrigerator: This fridge sees the appliance evenly split, with fresh food being stored in one size and frozen food the other. Some can offer a little more space for the fresh food section, and they tend to be one of the narrowest refrigerators sold. This can make storing certain foods more difficult, for instance a frozen pizza may be too wide.
- French Door Refrigerator: Perhaps the best refrigerator in terms of aesthetics, they consist of two narrow doors at the top and smaller freezer at the bottom. They tend to be tall and large so are often costlier than most other types, but in terms of style and size they are up there with the best.
- Compact Refrigerator: As the name suggests, compact refrigerators are much smaller and compact, making them great for very small spaces such as bedrooms, dorms, offices etc. However, these are not the best refrigerators for storing large quantities of foods, and they still use the same amount of power as larger sized models.
Top 10 list of refrigerators in the UK (January 2021)
The top 10 list shows how brands and their refrigerators compare. Which refrigerator is the best?
- Energy consumption: 105 kWh/year; Noise level: 42dB
- Reversible door; 1 removable wire shelf; Adjustable thermostat and feet
- Door bottle rack
- Lastly, the 4 star **** Freezer rating is awarded because it can maintain a temperature…
- This model uses just 168kwH on average per year, that means it should cost you around…
- The noise level of just 42dB means this fridge freezer is literally whisper quiet…
- A+ Energy saving
- Separate chiller compartment
- 47cm wide with adjustable leg
- Dimensions (cm) - H142 x W55 x D55
- This product comes with a free one year manufacturer guarantee. A free second year…
- Dimensions (mm): Height: 845, Width: 480, Depth: 500
- Other Features: The fridge comes with a 94 litre capacity, durable glass shelves,…
- Eco Friendly: With an A+ energy rating it’s capable of keeping your food fresh…
- 2-year Manufacturer's Warranty
- Energy Class A++ with very low Noise Levels 42dB(A) ideal for office, bedroom, kitchen…
- Low frost technology
- 1 Fixed door bottle rack
- Temperature range: 5-15 degrees celsius
- Product dimensions (CMs):(H)34.1 x (W)38.5 x (D)42.2
- Perfect Portability: Great for personal spaces, travel, offices, dorms, road trips,…
- Eco & Max Mode : With 2 energy modes "ECO" (energy saving), "MAX"…
- AC/DC Adapters : Two plugs are included for both standard wall outlets and 12V cigarette…
- A+ energy efficiency Rating
- Reversible door, Adjustable feet & Interior light
- 2 Adjustable Glass Shelves, large capacity Salad Drawer
- FULL CERTIFICATION + 2 YEARS FULL WARRANTY - All Subcold Products are Tested to High…
- COOLER BY DESIGN - Additional Chiller Features Include 2 Strong Removable Chrome…
- LOW ENERGY + LOW NOISE - Super Low A+ Rated Energy Consumption with only 95kWh /…
* Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a refrigerator test. Last Update 2021/01/28 01:48 o'clock.
Further resources about refrigerators
- Fridge freezers best buys | Good Housekeeping: Whether you prefer a combined fridge freezer, or two separate large appliances, make sure you know exactly what to look for with the fridge and freezer buying guide from the Good Housekeeping Institute. (source: www.goodhousekeeping.com)
- The best fridge freezers | The Telegraph: As one of the most used appliances, having the best fridge freezer you can afford makes a big difference. (source: www.telegraph.co.uk)
- Best Refrigerator Style for Your Kitchen | the spruce: Refrigerators come in various design styles. Here's what you need to know. (source: www.thespruce.com)