Review10Best compares the best rice cookers in the UK and selects the one by Russell Hobbs as the best rice cooker. In a rice cooker buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different rice cookers and see a recommendation on which rice cooker to buy in the UK in 2023. By considering the top list of rice cookers, you can find the best rice cookers and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate rice cooker buying guide
- View the rice cooker picks and see how they rank in the top list
Cooking rice is surprisingly challenging for many people. You need to get the right amount of water, the perfect temperature, and ensure it rests for the right period after being cooked - it’s no wonder so many people struggle to cook it right!
All these problems can be avoided with a good rice cooker though! This appliance makes cooking rice quick, easy, and stress-free, making it a great buy for anyone that loves rice. Check out the buying guide below for all the info you need to find the best rice cooker:
What are rice cookers?
As the name suggests, a rice cooker is a kitchen appliance used to boil or steam rice. While designs vary, most consist of a cooking bowl, heat source, and thermostat to help control the temperature of the bowl to avoid overcooking. The best rice cookers come with advanced features like sensors and can cook various things beyond rice, although these tend to cost more than a basic cooker.
Why should you buy a good rice cooker?
A good rice cooker takes all the hassle away from cooking rice. It will consistently prepare delicious rice with very little effort - just add rice and water and leave it to cook! You can leave the rice in the cooker after it is made, with most keeping it warm for a pronged period, while you will find some can be used to cook vegetables, stews, soups and more.
How to choose the right rice cooker?
Not sure what to look for in a rice cooker? Think about some of the following things to find the best rice cooker suitable for your needs:
- Size: Rice cookers come in various sizes, so think about how much rice you would need to cook in one sitting. For example, if you are cooking for a large family then you will need a decent-sized rice cooker with a large capacity. Rice cookers shouldn’t be over or under filled, as the rice comes out tasting bad, so make sure you choose a suitable size!
- Maintenance: While very low maintenance, you will need to clean the bowl inside the rice cooker, so look for something that is easy to clean like steel or aluminum, preferably with a non-stick coating, while you should check that it is dishwasher safe.
- Features: There are certain features that you’ll want in your rice cooker, namely a timer, automatic keep-warm, and quick-cook settings, while a digital control panel is a good feature to look for.
What is the best kind of rice cooker in the UK?
Here are the two most popular types of rice cookers that you can currently buy:
- Standard Rice Cooker: The best all-round rice cooker, these cost very little and are simple to use, making them a good option for most people. Check what features are included though, as they sometimes lack many of the must-have functions.
- Combo Rice Cookers: These rice cookers can cook different food beyond rice, such as soups, stews, and vegetables thanks to steaming and slow cook functions. Great for people looking for a versatile cooking appliance.
Top 10 list of rice cookers in the UK (January 2023)
The bestseller list compares brands and their rice cookers. Which rice cooker is the best?
- Elegant and easy to clean stainless steel base with a glass lid
- Includes spatula and measuring cup
- Non-stick removable bowl
- 2 Year Manufactures Guarantee - Plus 1 extra year when you register the product…
- Steamer Basket, Measuring Cup and Spoon Included - Use the handy Measuring Cup to…
- Dishwasher-Safe Parts - After cooking up a feast, the last thing you feel like doing…
- Tempered Glass Lid with Steam vent
- Elegant Stainless Steel Housing
- Measuring Cup and Rice Scoop included
- Capacity: 2.6 L, dimensions: 21.6 x 19.5 x 16.1 cm (L x W x H)
- Designed and made in New Zealand. Phthalate and BPA free
- Dishwasher (top rack), microwave, fridge and freezer safe
- Dishwasher safe
- Paddle also can be used as a spoon for fluffing and serving cooked rice
- Rice paddle can lock the pot lid whilst providing two convenient carrying handle…
- TWO YEAR WARRANTY included as standard from the manufacturer
- IDEAL FOR SMALL KITCHENS INDIVIDUALS OR COUPLES BY 'YUM ASIA' THE RICE COOKER EXPERTS…
- MODERN BRIGHT LED DISPLAY with Korean designed 'Smart Button' control panel in an…
- Contact Tefal customer service of expert product advice
- Comes with 1.8 L food capacity can serve between 10-20 portions
- Two settings including keep warm function
- ON/OFF One-Touch Button with Indicator Lights
- Measuring cup & Rice spoon included
- Removable non-stick inner bowl
- Convenient way to cook rice With delay function for morning porridge
- Easy to use with LED panel
- For 1-2 portions of white or brown rice
- SIMPLE TO USE - Because cooking rice shouldn't be harder than pressing a button.…
- NO BURNING – Rice doesn't burn thanks to the double non-stick coated inner…
- HIGH PERFORMANCE – Cooks rice evenly and quickly for up to 6 people / Holds…
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best rice cookers, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a rice cooker test. Last Update: 2023/01/27.