Review10Best looks at the best screwdrivers in the UK and selects the one by Silverline as the best screwdriver. In a screwdriver buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different screwdrivers and see a recommendation on which screwdriver to buy in the UK in 2020. By considering the top list of screwdrivers, you can find the best screwdrivers and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate screwdriver buying guide
- View the screwdriver picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about screwdrivers
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Choosing the best screwdriver is often easier than it sounds. While most people have a few on hand in their homes, there is a chance it’s not perfect for all types of work. Power tools are certainly useful, but many cases you still require a great screwdriver to get the job done correctly. Check out the buying below for how to choose the right screwdriver:
What are screwdrivers?
A screwdriver is the type of tool used for screwing and unscrewing screws. While designs vary, most screwdrivers feature a handle, shaft, and tip used to turn the screw. Different materials are used in screwdrivers, but it is important that the shaft is strong and durable, otherwise it might bend. For this reason, most of the best screwdrivers are made from tough steel. However, handles can vary with wood, metal, and plastics all used.
Why should you buy a good screwdriver?
Owning a good screwdriver is incredibly useful. It’s used for many odd jobs around the home, from building furniture to adding fixtures and fittings. In fact, there are so many jobs that a screwdriver is used for that it’s a good idea to have several sizes and tips.
How to choose the right screwdriver?
Choosing the best screwdriver can be difficult, especially if you don’t have any immediate plans to use it. However, you can use the same buying process on virtually every type of screwdriver to get the best option for your needs, so be sure to think about some of the following points:
- Matching it to Screws: The most important considering when buying a screwdriver is that it matches the screws you have. Using the wrong head makes screwing virtually impossible, and it may damage the screw, too. So always make sure the screwdriver you buy matches the screws. Flatheads and Phillips-heads are the two main tip types to buy, but also make sure any screwdriver is the right size - it should snuggly inside the screw.
- Materials: The best screwdrivers are strong and durable, so look for materials that provide this. For instance, a screwdriver head should be hardened for additional strength. Consider the material for the handle, which should be comfortable to grip, while the shaft should also be made from a strong steel to prevent bending.
- Intended Use: Think about how you plan to use the screwdriver before buying it. For example, if you are using it for the odd job around the house, then you should be fine with a few flathead and Philips-head tools. For large-scale projects, it may be worth getting a screwdriver set with many sizes, or investing in a multi-bit or powered screwdriver.
What is the best kind of screwdriver in the UK?
There many types of screwdrivers that are worth buying. In many cases, people like to buy a selection of screwdrivers to ensure they have all bases covered. Some of the best screwdriver types to buy include:
- Phillips Screwdriver: One of the two most common screwdriver types, they are recognized by the cross-section on the tip of the shaft. Available in many sizes, it’s a must-have screwdriver that should always be part of a great tool box.
- Flathead Screwdrivers: As the name suggests, the head of this screwdriver is flat and straight. It doesn’t feature as much torque as a Phillips screwdriver and screw, so have become less widespread in recent years. It is still a useful screwdriver and one worth buying.
- Offset Screwdrivers: Come with an L-shape for getting into tight spaces, offset screwdrivers are sold in both flathead and Phillips varieties. There are many sizes, and most manufacturers will categorize the screwdriver on the length of the shaft.
- Cordless Screwdrivers: An electric screwdriver, not to be confused with a cordless power drill, features an electric-powered handle used to power the tip. This offers additional power and torque and is especially useful for quickly removing screws.
Top 10 list of screwdrivers in the UK (October 2020)
This top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their screwdrivers rank and which screwdriver is the best.
- Includes 3 x slotted & 3 x Phillips screwdrivers
- Colour-coded for easy tip recognition
- Ideal addition to anybody's toolbox for use around the home, workshop, garage &…
- Powered by lithium ion technology with 15 percent more runtime versus previous m…
- Direction and charge indication for convenience and easy use
- Integrated spotlight or stray light option improves visibility of the work piece
- Supplied with Phillips 1 and 2, 2 x slotted and 2 nut drivers (1/4” and 5/…
- Tri lobular handle for torque and comfortable grip
- High quality bits and chrome plated bar for rust resistance and longer life
- Supplied in plastic carry case
- Also includes 40 x 25mm bits and bit holder
- Includes many different sized screwdrivers and precision screwdrivers
- Material: chrome vanadium steel
- Includes all the popular screwdriver sizes
- Content: 34 pieces
- Handles with Comfort-Grip
- Durable Bi-Material
- Ratcheting Mechanism with R, L and Lock Positions
- Wide Application:Our electric screwdriver can be widely used in assembling furniture…
- Ideal for working in narrow dead cornersFlexible drill shafts are now available!…
- You can switch between forward rotation and reverse rotation By adjusting the position…
- Bits stored in handle
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
- 55 mm long magnetic bit holder
- 100% MONEY-BACK - If you, for whatever reasons, do not like our 32 in 1 magnetic…
- WIDELY USED - The adjustable screwdriver set can be used for both individual and…
- T-SHAPE TRANSFORM & CARRYING CASE - The laptop screwdriver can be transformed…
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a screwdriver test. Last Update 2020/10/26 12:54. o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best screwdrivers