Best screwdriver UK
Which is the best screwdriver 2023?VIEW OFFER
The 10 best screwdrivers to buy in the UK
The top 10 list of the best screwdrivers lists various brands and prices
Review10Best compares the best screwdrivers in the UK and selects the one by Stanley as the best screwdriver. In a screwdriver buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different screwdrivers and see a recommendation on which screwdriver to buy in the UK in 2023. By considering the top list of screwdrivers, you can find the best screwdrivers and save time shopping online.
- Read the ultimate screwdriver buying guide
- View the screwdriver picks and see how they rank in the top list
Best screwdrivers: A complete buying guide
All you need to know before buying a great screwdriver
Choosing the best screwdriver is often easier than it sounds. While most people have a few on hand in their homes, there is a chance it’s not perfect for all types of work. Power tools are certainly useful, but many cases you still require a great screwdriver to get the job done correctly. Check out the buying below for how to choose the right screwdriver:
What are screwdrivers?
A screwdriver is the type of tool used for screwing and unscrewing screws. While designs vary, most screwdrivers feature a handle, shaft, and tip used to turn the screw. Different materials are used in screwdrivers, but it is important that the shaft is strong and durable, otherwise it might bend. For this reason, most of the best screwdrivers are made from tough steel. However, handles can vary with wood, metal, and plastics all used.
Why should you buy a good screwdriver?
Owning a good screwdriver is incredibly useful. It’s used for many odd jobs around the home, from building furniture to adding fixtures and fittings. In fact, there are so many jobs that a screwdriver is used for that it’s a good idea to have several sizes and tips.
How to choose the right screwdriver?
Choosing the best screwdriver can be difficult, especially if you don’t have any immediate plans to use it. However, you can use the same buying process on virtually every type of screwdriver to get the best option for your needs, so be sure to think about some of the following points:
- Matching it to Screws: The most important considering when buying a screwdriver is that it matches the screws you have. Using the wrong head makes screwing virtually impossible, and it may damage the screw, too. So always make sure the screwdriver you buy matches the screws. Flatheads and Phillips-heads are the two main tip types to buy, but also make sure any screwdriver is the right size - it should snuggly inside the screw.
- Materials: The best screwdrivers are strong and durable, so look for materials that provide this. For instance, a screwdriver head should be hardened for additional strength. Consider the material for the handle, which should be comfortable to grip, while the shaft should also be made from a strong steel to prevent bending.
- Intended Use: Think about how you plan to use the screwdriver before buying it. For example, if you are using it for the odd job around the house, then you should be fine with a few flathead and Philips-head tools. For large-scale projects, it may be worth getting a screwdriver set with many sizes, or investing in a multi-bit or powered screwdriver.
What is the best kind of screwdriver in the UK?
There many types of screwdrivers that are worth buying. In many cases, people like to buy a selection of screwdrivers to ensure they have all bases covered. Some of the best screwdriver types to buy include:
- Phillips Screwdriver: One of the two most common screwdriver types, they are recognized by the cross-section on the tip of the shaft. Available in many sizes, it’s a must-have screwdriver that should always be part of a great tool box.
- Flathead Screwdrivers: As the name suggests, the head of this screwdriver is flat and straight. It doesn’t feature as much torque as a Phillips screwdriver and screw, so have become less widespread in recent years. It is still a useful screwdriver and one worth buying.
- Offset Screwdrivers: Come with an L-shape for getting into tight spaces, offset screwdrivers are sold in both flathead and Phillips varieties. There are many sizes, and most manufacturers will categorize the screwdriver on the length of the shaft.
- Cordless Screwdrivers: An electric screwdriver, not to be confused with a cordless power drill, features an electric-powered handle used to power the tip. This offers additional power and torque and is especially useful for quickly removing screws.
Top 10 list of screwdrivers in the UK (March 2023)
The bestseller list compares brands and their screwdrivers. Which screwdriver is the best?
- Material: chrome vanadium steel
- Includes all the popular screwdriver sizes
- Content: 34 pieces
- PERFECT FOR ALL TRADES – Designed to be tough and hard-wearing, our high-performance…
- SELECTION OF COMMONLY-USED SIZES – This great-value pack of 6 steel screwdrivers…
- DOTTED RUBBERISED HANDLE FOR A SURE GRIP – For added comfort, we fit a high…
- Supplied with 10 insert bits of popular sizes
- 3 position ratchet mechanism
- Tri-lobe bimaterial handle for maximum torsion
- Handles with Comfort-Grip
- Durable Bi-Material
- Ratcheting Mechanism with R, L and Lock Positions
- Measures 23.6 by 3.55 by 3.55 cm.
- Non-slip handle provides a comfortable, secure grip; screwdriver bits can be stored…
- Made of chrome vanadium steel that has been heat treated for hardness; corrosion-resistant…
- [Wide Applications] Perfect for all types of work, including building, electrical,…
- [Easy to Use] Ergonomic anti-slip particles and soft handle, providing a soft and…
- [Magnetic Tips] Each screwdriver has a strong magnetic tip, easy to lift and fix…
- Basic Toolkit for D.I.Y At Home - Our screwdrivers all sizes are perfect for making…
- Great For Emergency Back Up - The screw driver set is the spare set you need in the…
- Non-Slip Grip Screw Drivers - Our electrical screwdriver sets has an ergonomic component…
- QUALITY YOU CAN RELY UPON: Engineered with top-notch materials and tested for optimum…
- COLOR CODED HANDLE: The color-coded handle of the Pro Phillips Screwdriver makes…
- SMART MAGNETIC TIP: Magnet in the shaft prevents from slipping and holds the screw…
- Tri-lobular bi-material handle provides improved torque delivery and added comfort,…
- High quality bits and chrome plated bar for rust resistance and longer life
- Can be used with a wrench within the bolster nut for additional leverage and tor…
- Powered by lithium ion technology with 15 percent more runtime versus previous m…
- Direction and charge indication for convenience and easy use
- Integrated spotlight or stray light option improves visibility of the work piece
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best screwdrivers, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a screwdriver test. Last Update: 2023/03/24.