Best scroll saw UK
Which is the best scroll saw 2023?VIEW OFFER
The 10 best scroll saws to buy in the UK
The top 10 list of the best scroll saws lists various brands and prices
Review10Best compares the best scroll saws in the UK and selects the one by Einhell as the best scroll saw. In a scroll saw buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different scroll saws and see a recommendation on which scroll saw to buy in the UK in 2023. By considering the top list of scroll saws, you can find the best scroll saws and save time shopping online.
- Read the ultimate scroll saw buying guide
- View the scroll saw picks and see how they rank in the top list
Best scroll saws: A complete buying guide
All you need to know before buying a great scroll saw
Finding the best scroll saw can be challenging. Like any power tool, there is a lot to think about when looking for a scroll saw, from the size and power requirements to your intended uses, so it helps to do some research to help you find the right scroll saw for your needs. To help with this we have created a handy buying guide for scroll saws. Below you will find all the information that you need to know to find the best scroll saws possible.
What are scroll saws?
A scroll saw is a powered saw that is operated by a foot pedal. It features a fine blade and variable speed settings, allowing you to create highly accurate and intricate cuts that are difficult to achieve using other types of saws. Like most power saws, scroll saws come in varying powers to accommodate different types of materials and sawing requirements.
Why should you buy a good scroll saw?
The best scroll saw allows you to easily make increate cuts with the utmost accuracy, which can be challenging when using other saws. Another great benefit to this type of saw is that the fine blade produces one of the cleanest cuts, so sanding is rarely necessary. When you need to make precise cuts and curves on wood, there are fewer tools better for the task than a good scroll saw, mainly thanks to the fine blade and variable speed settings they offer. In general, it is a great tool for professional carpenters or woodworking enthusiasts.
How to choose the right scroll saw?
Choosing power tools can be a daunting prospect when you are unsure what you need, so here are some things to think about before buying the best scroll saw:
- Speed Settings: Quality scroll saws come with variable speed settings, so the more speed options you have the better it is for woodworking. For example, faster settings are used on hardwoods while softwoods require slower settings, so you want to have a good range of options for working with different woods.
- Tilt: While not found on every scroll saw, a tilting function is highly recommended for woodworking as it makes creating bevelled edges much quicker and easier. Make sure to check for this feature when looking at saws and consider one that tilts 45-degrees in either direction, as these are the most versatile.
- Cutting Depth: The cut depth lets you know how thick a piece of wood the saw cuts, so always make sure to choose something that fits your requirements. Thankfully, most scroll saws have a 2-inch cutting depth which is suitable for most types of tasks. Larger depths are available but you probably won’t need anything larger than the standard 2-inch.
What is the best kind of scroll saw in the UK?
The best-selling scroll saws can be categorised by their blade type and there are a few options available:
- Standard Scroll Saws: This blade has teeth that are the same size and distance from each other. Metal blade and wood blades are available, with wood blades having smaller-sized teeth with more spacing between each one compared to the metal blade.
- Skip Tooth Scroll Saws: This blade is like a standard blade but with fewer teeth. Instead of a regular row of teeth, every other one is missing, with the space helping to keep the blade cooler as it cuts. It’s a great all-round blade and is recommended for beginners.
- Double Tooth Scroll Saws: This type of blade has a large spacing after every second tooth, resulting in a slower albeit smoother cut, making it especially popular for creating curves.
- Reverse Skip Scroll Saws: Almost identical to a skip tooth blade but with a few of the bottom teeth facing upwards, helping to avoid tear-outs and splintering. It’s also one of the best scroll saws for working with plywood.
Top 10 list of scroll saws in the UK (June 2023)
The bestseller list compares brands and their scroll saws. Which scroll saw is the best?
- Works with saw blades with T-shaft and coping saw blades
- Perfect view to the workpiece due to the blow-off-function
- Blade length - 127 mm
- Manufacturer 2 Year Warranty Included
- CAST ALUMINIUM ADJUSTABLE WORKTABLE 414X254mm - Cast aluminium table with cast iron…
- SUITABLE FOR PINNED AND PINLESS BLADES - Includes 2 x 5" pinned blade (15 TPI)…
- Variable speed 500 - 1700 rpm
- Cutting height/ depth: 57/ 406 mm
- Accepts pin blades and plain end blades
- GUARANTEE: 2 years guarantee standard. Get 1 year extra when registering your Dremel…
- User-friendly: Simple set-up process and easy to operate
- Optimal performance: The auto tensioning quick change mechanism allows for easy accessory…
- Automatic dust blower provides a clear line of sight.
- Built in dust extraction port
- 1M Flexible rotary shaft for engraving, carving, routing etc
- Variable speed 550-1650RPM to cut multiple types of material;
- Automatic dust blower and dust extraction outlet keep a dust-free working surfac…
- Table tilts from 0 to 45 degree, allowing bevel cuts and even bowls to be made, making…
- Comes with a 2 Year Warranty for peace of mind
- Ideal addition to any bench top workshop for woodworkers to make intricate cuts and…
- Nearly vibration free, allowing you to work with precision for professional looking…
- Max. Cutting Height: 50 mm @ 90° 20 mm @ 45°
- Table Size: 415mm x 255mm
- 406mm (16") throat
- NOTE- For more information, see the product guides and documents.
- 220 - 240 V. 85W. Electronically controllable stroke rate of 150 - 2, 500 rpm
- In the lowest head position, blades shortened by 60 mm can be used.
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best scroll saws, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a scroll saw test. Last Update: 2023/06/08.