Review10Best compares the best sewing machines in the UK and selects the one by KPCB Tech as the best sewing machine. In a sewing machine buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different sewing machines and see a recommendation on which sewing machine to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of sewing machines, you can find the best sewing machines and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate sewing machine buying guide
- View the sewing machine picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Buying a good sewing machine is a worthwhile investment that offers endless hours of crafting fun. Choosing the best sewing machine can be rather difficult however, especially if you are a beginner that doesn’t know what to look for. There are various types of sewing machines all of which come with different features such as more stiches and additional accessories, so knowing what’s suitable for your level often requires some research.
Knowing what to look for does make it easier to choose the best sewing machine for your needs, so check out the guide below for some handy tips!
What are sewing machines?
A sewing machine is a machine that stiches fabrics together using thread. Domestic sewing machines are used for repairing clothes and creating garments, although more advanced machines are typically required to produce a wider range of stiches.
The best sewing machines usually feature several types of stiches, including both patterned and plain, as well as multiple types of feeds, although basic sewing machines are still great for crafting at home.
Why should you buy a good sewing machine?
A sewing machine is a fantastic piece of machinery for any household. It opens the door for a lot of creativity, such as making and tailoring your own clothes, and there are endless opportunities for making and repairing things.
Sewing is a great hobby to pick up too. You become more self-sufficient and get to enjoy unlimited creative freedom, while it can be a great way to bond with your children or friends that take up the hobby.
How to choose the right sewing machine?
Choosing the best sewing machine for you can quite the task, even more so if you are new to sewing. Event those with experience may struggle to choose a good sewing machine as there are so many different machines available.
Here are some things to consider:
- Projects: Think about any sewing projects you have in mind, which should help you understand what machines as best suited for these projects. For instance, making repairs, alterations, and crafts, a basic sewing machine is fine, but more complex projects like dressmaking and embroidery will require more advanced machines with additional stich modes.
- How often will you use it: A rather simple question but one that is still worth asking, anyone that only plans to use their sewing machine sparingly should consider buying a basic machine, as these are the best sewing machines for occasional use. Anything that is going to be used frequently should be heavy duty, and more stiches may be beneficial depending on your projects.
- Size: Sewing machines take up a fair amount of space, so it’s a good idea to think about the size of the machine and how much storage space it might take up. They can be quite cumbersome and heavy, so consider where it will be getting used and where you may have to store it, as you don’t want something that’s too large for your home.
What is the best kind of sewing machine in the UK?
You have a few options when choosing a sewing machine, including:
- Electronic Sewing Machines: Electronic sewing machines are powered by a single motor, controlling the needle and feeding mechanism. A foot pedal operates the machine, keeping the users hand free to adjust speeds and help guide fabrics as they are stitched. A great sewing machine for most users, they are available with many functions and stiches.
- Computerised Sewing Machines: A more modern sewing machine, computerised machines are viewed as an upgraded over electronic sewing machines, as they often come with an array of function and features. Unlike electronic machines, they are powered by several motors to operate the various functions available. They are also one of the best sewing machines for different stiches, which are easy to choose thanks to display screens. Some can even connect the internet to download different stich designs.
Top 10 list of sewing machines in the UK (January 2021)
The top 10 list shows how brands and their sewing machines compare. Which sewing machine is the best?
- After-sales ServicePlease contact us by EMAIL if there is any issue during operation.…
- Double Threads and Two Speed Control Large Spool can be used with rewind device for…
- Latest Outstanding UpgradeStrengthened and lengthen the cable of pedal; changed needles…
- LED Sewing Light
- Double Thread & Double Speed
- Reverse Sewing
- Brother L14s Sewing Machine
- 5 x 1 Step Button holes
- Quick touch stitch selection and length & width adjustment
- Start/ Stop button and speed control which also enables speed limiting
- Includes LED light, thread cutter, 2-speed sewing, forward and reverse sewing, sleeve…
- Runs off mains and battery power for use anywhere
- Multi-functional for all kinds of fabric and paper projects
- Note: Pls read all the instructions carefully before using the machine and keep the…
- Portable & Convenient: This home sewing tool is strong but lightweight with a…
- Safe & Easy to use: This Mini Household sewing machine is perfect for any sewing…
- Perfect Gift Magicfly portable sewing machine is small in size and has a handle that…
- Easy to use The threading guide printed on the body can make threading easier for…
- 3 types of needles Magicfly sewing machine with 3 types of thread for fabrics of…
- GOOD SERVICE: Accessories included: buttonhole foot, zipper foot, zigzag foot, hem…
- FREE-HAND SEWING: Feed dog sinking freehand embroidery can perfectly embroider patterns.…
- MULTIFUNCTIONS: The stitch length and width of quilting sewing machines can be easily…
- 3 year manufacturer warranty
- 4 step button hole
- LED bulb
- WHY DESIREZ2DOOR: RoHS compliant | REACH compliant | ISO 9001:2015 certified
- WE HAVE FAITH IN YOU!: Sewing is a skill and we’re with you in your journey…
- / PERFECT TRAVEL/HOUSEHOLD PARTNER: Easily fits-in with your luggage | Convenient…
* Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a sewing machine test. Last Update 2021/01/27 20:51 o'clock.