Investing in the best shampoos for your hair will help to maintain its appearance while keeping it healthy. However, with such a wide range of products to choose from, finding the best shampoo for your hair isn’t necessarily easy!
What are shampoos?
Shampoo is a type of hair care product used for washing hair. It’s usually sold in a liquid gel, although some shampoos are sold in bar form, not unlike a bar of soap. Shampooing your hair involves wetting it before massaging in the product and then rinsing it. While ingredients can vary, most shampoos are used to achieve the same goal of cleaning hair without causing too much damage. It are often combined with hair conditioners and hair masks.
Why should you buy a good shampoo?
The best shampoo for your hair won’t only wash it clean, but keep it looking healthy and vibrant. In some cases, shampoo is specially designed to treat dandruff, while others can be used to maintain color-treated hair. So, whether you want your hair to look and feel clean or help deal with any hair-related issues, you will need a good shampoo product.
How to choose the right shampoo?
With so many different types of shampoos available, it’s not a case of picking the first or cheapest option you see. In fact, cheap shampoo can often do more damage than good, so it’s always worth investing in the best shampoos.
Here are some important things to consider when looking for the right shampoo for your hair:
- Hair Type: Perhaps the first thing that you should consider, and one that’s rather obvious given it's your hair, different shampoos are designed for different hair. For example, volumizing shampoo is better suited for fine or thin hair, while shampoo for color-treated hair is a good idea for anyone with highlights or dye.
- Price: As previously mentioned, the cheapest shampoo is rarely the best shampoo. This is because the ingredients are often low-quality and the shampoo isn’t designed for certain hair types, so it’s best avoided. While more expensive, salon-quality shampoo will produce much better results, providing you with much healthier and attractive hair. Of course, you don’t need to pay extortionate amounts, but be sure to avoid anything that is notably cheap.
- Ingredients: The ingredients of a shampoo will impact its effectiveness. For example, if you have dry or frizzy hair, then natural ingredients such as essential oils will be a great choice, so be mindful of what is good for your hair and what might not be. Also, if your hair is on the oilier side, you may require more robust ingredients such as those found in clarifying shampoos.
What is the best kind of shampoo in the UK?
If you’ve bought shampoo before, then you likely understand the sheer number of choices out there. There are simply countless types of shampoos available, all of which may or may not be suitable for hair and washing habits. Let’s take a look at the best kinds of shampoo available:
- Clarifying Shampoo: Often referred to as deep cleansing shampoo, clarifying shampoo is the best type for dirtier hair. It’s designed to remove heavy build-ups of other hair products such as gel, wax, hairspray etc., so will be ideal for anyone that uses products like these.
- Volumizing Shampoo: The best shampoo for thinning or fine hair, it’s designed to add volume to hair that may be lacking it. While not the strongest cleaner, volumizing shampoo still does a good job washing hair with the added benefit of providing more body.
- Dry & Damaged Hair Shampoo: As the name suggests, dry hair shampoo is the best shampoo for anyone with dry or brittle hair. They utilize mild ingredients to ensure they don’t cause further damage and dryness, working to gently clean the hair while protecting it.
- Coloured Hair Shampoo: For anyone that dyes their hair, colored hair shampoo is a must for maintaining the color and shine. Often contain color boosters to help keep the hair looking as vibrant as possible.
- Two-in-One Shampoo: Combines both a shampoo and hair conditioner in one product. Useful for anyone that doesn’t use a separate conditioner but would like their hair to remain in great condition.
Top 10 list of shampoos in the UK 2024
The bestseller list compares brands and their shampoos. Which shampoo is the best?
- With Tresemme professional hair care products, you can create your personal style…
- Apply Tresemme Rich Moisture Shampoo from roots to ends, lather and gently massage…
- Our hair care experts are at the forefront of science and safety – every ingredient…
- Packaging may vary
- For best results use the entire argan oil of Morocco collection: shampoo, conditioner,…
- Sulfate free hair shampoo
- SOFT & BEAUTIFUL HAIR this formula provides deep moisturising and refreshing…
- RECYCLED PACKAGING recyclable bottle, made with 100% recycled plastic (excluding…
- CLINICALLY PROVEN AND DERMATOLOGICALLY TESTED FORMULA that is pH balanced and suitable…
- Special conditioners help improve hair texture
- Hawaiian awapuhi helps prevent moisture loss
- Multi tasks as a luxurious body wash
- Create your perfect look with the VO5 styling range
- Designed to nourish and protect your locks
- Ambient type storage
- Please check PAO (Period After Opening) symbol which denotes the product expiry time,…
- For weak, limp and damaged hair
- 1. Apply to wet hair. 2. Lather. 3. Rinse and repeat. In case of contact with eyes,…
- Revitalises and strengthens very dry hair. Restores thickness and shine. Fights dehydration.…
- Nutritive Bain Satin by Kérastase is a gentle hydrating shampoo for dry hair.…
- Intense hair repair treatment: complete with a 750ml nourishing shampoo and a 750ml…
- Great for coloured and frizzy hair: say no to dreary dry hair and frustrating frizz…
- Restoring conditioner: for full hair repair, combine the moisturising shampoo with…
- Package Dimensions: 12.1 L x 18.4 H x 18.2 W (centimeters)
- Package Weight: 2.22 kilograms
- Number of items: 9.0
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. Last Update: 2023/12/11.