Review10Best compares the best shampoos in the UK and nominates the one from Tigi as the best shampoo. In our shampoos review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different shampoos and follow our recommendation on which shampoo to buy in the UK in 2019. With the shampoo comparison, you can be sure to buy the best shampoo on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate shampoo buying guide
- View our shampoo picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about shampoos
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Investing in the best shampoos for your hair will help to maintain its appearance while keeping it healthy. However, with such a wide range of products to choose from, finding the best shampoo for your hair isn’t necessarily easy!
What are shampoos?
Shampoo is a type of hair care product used for washing hair. It’s usually sold in a liquid gel, although some shampoos are sold in bar form, not unlike a bar of soap. Shampooing your hair involves wetting it before massaging in the product and then rinsing it. While ingredients can vary, most shampoos are used to achieve the same goal of cleaning hair without causing too much damage. It are often combined with hair conditioners and hair masks.
Why should you buy a good shampoo?
The best shampoo for your hair won’t only wash it clean, but keep it looking healthy and vibrant. In some cases, shampoo is specially designed to treat dandruff, while others can be used to maintain color-treated hair. So, whether you want your hair to look and feel clean or help deal with any hair-related issues, you will need a good shampoo product.
How to choose the right shampoo?
With so many different types of shampoos available, it’s not a case of picking the first or cheapest option you see. In fact, cheap shampoo can often do more damage than good, so it’s always worth investing in the best shampoos.
Here are some important things to consider when looking for the right shampoo for your hair:
- Hair Type: Perhaps the first thing that you should consider, and one that’s rather obvious given it's your hair, different shampoos are designed for different hair. For example, volumizing shampoo is better suited for fine or thin hair, while shampoo for color-treated hair is a good idea for anyone with highlights or dye.
- Price: As previously mentioned, the cheapest shampoo is rarely the best shampoo. This is because the ingredients are often low-quality and the shampoo isn’t designed for certain hair types, so it’s best avoided. While more expensive, salon-quality shampoo will produce much better results, providing you with much healthier and attractive hair. Of course, you don’t need to pay extortionate amounts, but be sure to avoid anything that is notably cheap.
- Ingredients: The ingredients of a shampoo will impact its effectiveness. For example, if you have dry or frizzy hair, then natural ingredients such as essential oils will be a great choice, so be mindful of what is good for your hair and what might not be. Also, if your hair is on the oilier side, you may require more robust ingredients such as those found in clarifying shampoos.
What is the best kind of shampoo in the UK?
If you’ve bought shampoo before, then you likely understand the sheer number of choices out there. There are simply countless types of shampoos available, all of which may or may not be suitable for hair and washing habits. Let’s take a look at the best kinds of shampoo available:
- Clarifying Shampoo: Often referred to as deep cleansing shampoo, clarifying shampoo is the best type for dirtier hair. It’s designed to remove heavy build-ups of other hair products such as gel, wax, hairspray etc., so will be ideal for anyone that uses products like these.
- Volumizing Shampoo: The best shampoo for thinning or fine hair, it’s designed to add volume to hair that may be lacking it. While not the strongest cleaner, volumizing shampoo still does a good job washing hair with the added benefit of providing more body.
- Dry & Damaged Hair Shampoo: As the name suggests, dry hair shampoo is the best shampoo for anyone with dry or brittle hair. They utilize mild ingredients to ensure they don’t cause further damage and dryness, working to gently clean the hair while protecting it.
- Coloured Hair Shampoo: For anyone that dyes their hair, colored hair shampoo is a must for maintaining the color and shine. Often contain color boosters to help keep the hair looking as vibrant as possible.
- Two-in-One Shampoo: Combines both a shampoo and hair conditioner in one product. Useful for anyone that doesn’t use a separate conditioner but would like their hair to remain in great condition.
Top 10 list of shampoos in the UK (August 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their shampoos rank and which shampoo is the best.
- Bed Head by Tigi urban antidotes re-energise shampoo and conditioner set contains…
- Works with normal hair that needs a daily pick-me-up
- Detangles hair
- Bed Head by Tigi Recharge High Octane Shine Shampoo and Conditioner Set contains…
- Ideal for adding shine and gloss to dull and lifeless hair
- Removes pollutants, sweat and build up
- Soft, supple and light hair
- Hydration of the scalp
- Bed Head by Tigi Urban Antidotes Recovery Shampoo and Conditioner Set contains a…
- Ideal for dry and damaged hair that needs a moisture hit
- Hair is strengthened and protected from future damage
- The silky smooth shampoo for dull hair is light enough for daily use
- This clarifying shampoo delivers intense moisturisation where your hair needs it…
- TRESemme silky smooth shampoo shampoo leaves hair smooth and salon-soft
- Winner of UK Hair Magazine Hair Awards 2018
- This makes your scalp the cleanest and best possible place for hair growth.
- Will help stimulate your hair growth, strengthen hair follicles, improve scalp circulation…
- Cruelty free
- Vegan certified
- Free from parabens and SLS
- Sulphate free surfactant hair care system
- With argan oil of Morocco
- Leaves hair strong, soft and shiny
- Bed Head by Tigi Urban Antidotes Resurrection Shampoo and Conditioner Set contains…
- Works on hair that has been severely damaged from heat and chemicals
- Use to get healthier looking and feeling hair
i,ii Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/08/24 20:59 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program (case i) and Kelkoo Associates Program (case ii), a affiliate advertising programs that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon and other merchants. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best shampoos