Review10Best compares the best slatted bed bases in the UK and selects the one by vidaXL as the best slatted bed base. In a slatted bed base buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different slatted bed bases and see a recommendation on which slatted bed base to buy in the UK in 2022. By considering the top list of slatted bed bases, you can find the best slatted bed bases and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate slatted bed base buying guide
- View the slatted bed base picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
The best slatted bed base combines with your mattress to offer some of the best support when sleeping. However, it’s important to consider a few things before you buy a slatted bed base, otherwise, it might not be suitable for your mattress and sleeping habits, so make sure to do your homework first.
To help with this, check out this handy buying guide for all the information you need to find the best slatted bed bases.
What are slatted bed bases?
A slatted bed base is a type of framing used to support a mattress. It consists of several vertical slats across the base of the bed frame, which the mattress sits on top of. Designs vary with different materials used for the slats, which can be either firm or flexible depending on the style.
Why should you buy a good slatted bed base?
The best slatted bed bases offer many benefits, including offering fantastic weight distribution for the mattress, resulting in a more comfortable night’s sleep and fewer aches and pains. It also offers great ventilation, ensuring your mattress remains in clean and hygienic condition for longer. Many good slatted bed bases can be adjusted too, allowing you to find the perfect support for your weight and sleeping position.
How to choose the right slatted bed base?
Struggling to find the best slatted bed base? Here are some things to think about:
- Mattress Size: If you already have a mattress then choosing the right slatted base is a bit easier. Simply choose the base according to the size of your mattress, with full-size mattress requiring a double frame, a queen size frame for queen size mattress and so on. It may help to measure the mattress first, as not all frames are made to fit.
- Room Size: If you don’t have a mattress purchased for the slatted bed base then consider the overall size of your room, choosing a frame that will fit in your room. If your current bed makes your room feel too cramped then a smaller base is a good idea to make it feel more spacious.
- Storage Space: Slatted bed bases can offer varying levels of storage, so think about how much additional space you need beneath the bed. You can store stuff under most slatted bases, although you may prefer a platform design that includes drawers or shelves built into the frame for more discreet storage.
What is the best kind of slatted bed base in the UK?
There are two main types of slatted bed bases to choose from:
- Fixed Slatted Bed Bases: This type of bed base has hard slats that have very little support, with the slats typically made from robust hardwoods. While very strong and durable, the lack of support may not offer the best weight distribution, although it may not be a problem if you don’t suffer from aches, pains, or other sleep-related issues.
- Spring Slatted Bed Bases: The slats on spring slatted bed bases are much more flexible than fixed slats, providing better weight distribution and adjustability. While more expensive, this type of base is great for people with back or neck issues, while the mattress tends to last longer due to increased breathability.
Top 10 list of slatted bed bases in the UK (January 2022)
The bestseller list compares brands and their slatted bed bases. Which slatted bed base is the best?
- Please note that the delivery includes a slatted base only; a mattress and a bed…
- Thanks to the 4 adjustable double slats in the centre zone, the base's firmness can…
- Our comfortable slatted bed base will make you love your bed even more! With a solid…
- 13 slats
- Suitable mattress size: 90 x 200 cm (W x L) (mattress is not included)
- Dimensions: 195 x 90 x 5 cm (L x W x H)
- 200 DAYS TRIAL AND FREE DELIVERY: The Emma Slatted Bed frame is delivered in a box.…
- UNDERNEATH STORAGE SPACE: The compact design of the Emma Slatted frame fits nearly…
- EASY ASSEMBLY: Our Emma Bed Frame will go with you through thick and thin apartment…
- Headboard height: 100cm; Footend height: 56cm
- Length 196.5cm; Width 141.5cm; Underbed clearance height: 33cm
- Minimal design - perfect for modern or traditional style bedrooms
- SAFE: Carefully designed, this mattress foundation is built of round corners, smooth…
- STRONG AND DURABLE: This robust bed base is fully constructed of metal frame for…
- HIGH HEADBOARD DESIGN: Compared with other metal beds, this classic bed frame has…
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best slatted bed bases, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a slatted bed base test. Last Update: 2022/01/23.