Best smartphone UK
Which is the best smartphone 2023?VIEW OFFER
The 10 best smartphones to buy in the UK
The top 10 list of the best smartphones lists various brands and prices
Review10Best compares the best smartphones in the UK and selects the one by Alcatel as the best smartphone. In a smartphone buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different smartphones and see a recommendation on which smartphone to buy in the UK in 2023. By considering the top list of smartphones, you can find the best smartphones and save time shopping online.
- Read the ultimate smartphone buying guide
- View the smartphone picks and see how they rank in the top list
Best smartphones: A complete buying guide
All you need to know before buying a great smartphone
Choosing the best smartphone for your needs can be difficult. With a near-endless selection of devices, knowing which one works for you can take a lot of time and effort! To make the process of choosing a great smartphone easier, check out the handy buying guide below for all the info you need!
What are smartphones?
A smartphone is a type of mobile phone that uses advanced hardware and consists of a powerful operating system. This allows the device to perform many functions, including phone calls, text messaging, internet browsing, taking videos and photos, and using various smartphone applications.
Why should you buy a good smartphone?
The best smartphone makes life more convenient. Essentially small handheld computers, these devices are deceptively powerful and capable of various computing functions ranging from browsing the web to digital planners to instant messaging to playing video games.
If you want to keep in touch with friends and family, take all kinds of videos and photos, watch videos online, browse social media, manage email, and do countless other functions from the palm of your hand, then look no further than a smartphone.
How to choose the right smartphone?
With so many things to consider, buying the best smartphone can be a daunting prospect. Here are some things to think about to make the process easier:
- Operating System: Android and iOS are the main two operating systems on smartphones. Each one has its advantages, so think about what appeals to your preferences and requirements. For example, Android is known to be much more customizable and have access to more hardware and software options, while iOS has better security, receives more frequent updates, and can be easily integrated with other iOS devices such as an iPad, Mac or MacBook.
- Screen Size: Given all the stuff you’re using it for, you should think about how large a screen you want. Devices with bigger screens are more expensive but are better for watching videos and generally improve the user experience. Conversely, smaller screens mean a more compact and lightweight device.
- Storage Capacity: Smartphones have limited storage so always think about how much space you need for all your data. Measured in gigabytes (GB), the higher the number the more SSD storage space there is for photos, videos, apps, and other files. 32GB is a good starting point and can be more than enough for some, although there are much higher capacities including 64 GB, 128 GB, and even 256 GB. Remember, that an external SD card might be a cheap alternative for extra storage.
- Camera: The camera function is very important for many consumers, so think about how good of a camera you want. If you take photos and videos then a camera with good focus, low-light performance, noise reduction, and a high megapixel count is recommended. Also, if you like taking selfies make sure there is a front-facing camera! Combine it with a good selfie stick and you are ready to go for great selfies.
- Battery: The best smartphones typically have a battery life of around 8-16 hours, although these will degrade over time, so a phone with replaceable batteries may be worth consideration. However, iPhones don’t have this function, so bear this in mind.
What is the best kind of smartphone in the UK?
Here are the best-selling smartphone currently available:
- Android Smartphones: Android smartphones are more varied, with various brands and manufacturers using this operating system. As a result, it is easy to find an Android smartphone for every budget, with an abundance of high-quality and budget-friendly options alike.
- iOS Smartphones: All iPhones use the iOS operating system, with ten generations of iPhone models available, meaning a good selection of price ranges. Newer models are typically the most expensive smartphones, although they come with some of the best features and security.
Top 10 list of smartphones in the UK (March 2023)
The bestseller list compares brands and their smartphones. Which smartphone is the best?
- Included components: usb cable; Connector type: usb type c; Camera description: rear;…
- Alcatel 1 2021 is an all-in-one device offering everything you need: a sizable screen…
- Compatibility - Can be used with any smartphone (Apple, Samsung, Huawei, Google,…
- Buy Once, Use Forever - Professional results at a fraction of the cost
- Reusable Ear Tips - Smartbud comes with reusable Ear Tips designed to be smooth &…
- Easy to play and best pass time.
- Sing the good old nursery rhymes.
- Hours of fun to play with excellent graphics.
- Battery: 5000mAh
- Camera: Triple, 108MP+8MP+5MP
- Processor: Snapdragon 888 2.84GHz
- Elegant Slate Gray - It is stain resistant and coated in a non-slip texture, with…
- Intuitive Control - A new side wheel adjusts focus and zoom. Get cinematic blurs…
- Simple Guides and One-Tap Editing - This DJI gimbal is intelligent with wide-ranging…
- With 64/128GB of internal storage for your photos and videos, plus support for a…
- The Galaxy M13’s quality design comes with soft, rounded edges and a simple…
- Snap memorable moments in clear detail with the 50MP Main Camera. Expand the viewing…
- Expect a faster, more secure way of doing things with the Android 11 (Go edition…
- 5MP front and rear cameras with flash
- Safe and secure with face unlock
- Two-year warranty against factory defects.
- Original brand product.
- Connectivity technology: wi-fi
- Included components: mobile device, wired mains charger, sim tool, quick-start-guide…
- Wireless communication technology: wi-fi
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best smartphones, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a smartphone test. Last Update: 2023/03/30.