Review10Best compares the best soaps in the UK and selects the one by Dettol as the best soap. In a soap buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different soaps and see a recommendation on which soap to buy in the UK in 2023. By considering the top list of soaps, you can find the best soaps and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
Looking to buy the best soap for your body? There are so many options available that knowing what works best for you can isn’t always obvious. Soaps are designed for different skin types, while there are many people that choose their soap based on scent and ingredients, so finding the best soap is often a case of trial and error.
What are soaps?
Soap is a personal hygiene product used to clean the body. They come in many forms, including solid bars and liquid gels, while there are countless types of ingredients used, although they are traditionally made from fatty acids, natural oils, and strong alkalis. Various colours and scents are added to make it a pleasant-smelling product for cleaning skin.
Why should you buy a good soap?
A good soap is important for cleaning away dirt and odours build ups on the body, leaving the skin feeling fresh and clean. Some of the best soaps also include additional benefits such as moisturisers that make the skin look and feel better. Some soaps are designed for specific jobs, such as hand soaps for cleaning away germs or luxury soaps that relax and unwind when used in baths or showers.
How to choose the right soap?
Choosing the best soap for your skin is very important, otherwise it may end up drying it out. Here are some things to consider when looking for quality soap:
- Skin Type: Knowing your skin type is important for choosing the best soap for your body. For instance, if your skin is oily, then it’s a good idea to choose soaps that are designed to gently clean oil build-ups. Dry or sensitive skin types should also look for appropriate soaps that work well with their skin.
- Ingredients: Not everyone reacts well to certain ingredients in soap, so always take the time to inspect the ingredients to determine their quality. Be mindful of soaps with high amounts of chemicals, and try to focus on products that use mostly natural ingredients (e.g. essential oils, vegetable oils, sodium hydroxide).
- Versatility: The best soap effectively cleans skin, but it can also offer a lot more. For example, deep cleaning, moisturising, and facial cleansers are just a few of the additional properties many soaps can offer.
What is the best kind of soap in the UK?
There are many types of soaps available, any of which could be the perfect match for your skin type. Here are some of the most common types of soap to buy:
- Handmade Soap: All soap is made from the same chemical reaction, but they can be processed in different ways, such as being made entirely by hand. These are often known as natural soaps due to the natural ingredients that are used when making them.
- Cold Process Soap: A popular type of handmade soap, it’s made entirely from scratch and involves no heating when being made. They are usually specialist soaps that use premium ingredients, making each one very unique Available in many colours, they often come with a creamy texture and can feature a range of lathers depending on the oils used.
- Hot Process Soap: Almost identical to cold process soap with the expectation that heat is used during the soap making process. The heat process does result in a much smoother feeling soap, while colours, textures, and lathers depend oils and other natural ingredients. Like cold process soap, this is one of the highest quality soaps available.
- Liquid Soap: Rather than being made to form a solid bar of soap, this type of soap remains a liquid because potassium hydroxide is used rather than sodium hydroxide. Note that most shower gels and other liquid ‘soaps’ aren’t soap at all; they use synthetic detergents rather than natural ingredients, so be sure to check this when looking!
Top 10 list of soaps in the UK (January 2023)
The bestseller list compares brands and their soaps. Which soap is the best?
- Contains skin moisturising agents
- Dermatologically tested
- Kills bacteria - everyday protection against a wide range of unseen germs
- Vegan Society Approved and cruelty free hand care
- 99 Percent natural origin ingredients and 100 Percent natural fragrance
- Paraben free and SLS free
- The Dermacare Range: The Carex Dermacare liquid hand wash range is designed to clean,…
- Packaging May Vary: Due to huge demand and a pump shortage at the moment, Carex hand…
- Protection for the Family: Suitable for the family and ideal for use on hard working…
- Helps remaining fresh
- Great in quality
- Suitable even for sensitive skin
- Adds a luxurious touch to your bathroom, while keeping your hands protected
- With silk protein, proven to have excellent moisture preservation characteristic…
- Kills 99.9 Percent of bacteria and leaves hands hygienically clean
- Leaves your skin feeling healthy and smooth
- Dermatologically tested
- Enriched with nourishing moisturisers
- Original Soap fragrance leaves you feeling and smelling fresh throughout the day
- Can be used daily by the whole family to maintain hygiene
- Anti-bacterial formula safeguards against microscopic germs and bacteria
- Little Soap Promise - We are proud to say all of our products are cruelty free, organically…
- To create a luxurious and silky lather, rub the soap bar onto damp skin using warm…
- Fragranced only with Pure Essential Oil Blends (no synthetics) so naturally antibacterial…
- Palmolive Original Green Bar Soap 90 g
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best soaps, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a soap test. Last Update: 2023/01/27.