Review10Best compares the best tennis rackets in the UK and selects the one by Wilson as the best tennis racket. In a tennis racket buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different tennis rackets and see a recommendation on which tennis racket to buy in the UK in 2022. By considering the top list of tennis rackets, you can find the best tennis rackets and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate tennis racket buying guide
- View the tennis racket picks and see how they rank in the top list
Using the best tennis racket generally improves your game, making it worthwhile for beginners and advanced players alike. However, first-time buyers may not be sure what they need from a tennis racket, so we’ve created a handy buyer's guide to help you identify exactly what you need. Below is all the information that you need to know about buying a tennis racquet, including why you need the right one, which types are available, and things to consider before you buy. This should make it easy to find the best tennis rackets for your level.
What are tennis rackets?
A tennis racket is a device used to play court tennis, a popular type of racket sport. It consists of a large hoop frame with tightly woven strings that strike the tennis ball, along with a thick handle to provide a grip on the racket as you play.
Why should you buy a good tennis racket?
Anyone that wants to start playing tennis needs to ensure they have the best tennis racket possible. Beginner tennis rackets make it easier to learn the fundamentals of the game, meaning you will generally be a much better player if you start with a suitable racket. This is because your play is much better with the right racket, meaning you enjoy playing so do it more often, leading to great improvements over time - all from owning the best racquets for your level!
How to choose the right tennis racket?
Here are some things to think about when buying the best tennis rackets:
- Head Size: Tennis rackets come with various head sizes so you have plenty of options available, although it is recommended that beginners choose something large. The larger the head the bigger the sweet spot, making it easier to hone your technique as you play.
- Grip Size: You always want a tennis racket with the correct grip size as it will make playing easier and more comfortable. Choose something too small and you will grip too much, causing aches and strains in the hands, while too large of a grip makes playing with a full range of motion more challenging. Most retailers provide grip size recommendations for small, medium, and large hands, so keep an eye out for these to help find something suitable.
- Racket Weight: Tennis rackets are heavier than other rackets but that doesn’t mean you should choose the heaviest one you can find. Instead, beginners should go for a lightweight racket as it is easier to play with, meaning you can play for longer. At the same time, avoid going too light as it may lead to you developing poor technique, so look for something that requires little effort to lift.
What is the best kind of tennis racket in the UK?
There are several popular types of tennis rackets available:
- Ultimate Control Tennis Rackets: Only suitable for advanced players, the racket is heavier to allow the player to generate lots of power while maintaining control. Experienced players should consider this racket as it encourages better technique, especially for strokes.
- Lightweight Tennis Rackets: The best tennis racket for beginners, you don’t require much strength to use this racket and can still generate plenty of power when striking the ball.
- Power Control Tennis Rackets: Suitable for beginners and experienced players alike, this tennis racquet offers a nice balance of power and control.
Top 10 list of tennis rackets in the UK (June 2022)
The bestseller list compares brands and their tennis rackets. Which tennis racket is the best?
- *RRP £149.99* - 2 Rackets & 3 Tennis Balls
- Stop Shock Technology reducing vibrations through-out the racket.
- Midweight - 300g offering power & control
- Contents: 1× Wilson fusion XL tennis racket, recreational tennis, AirLite alloy,…
- Power bridge technology to optimize bounce speed, stop shock pads located in the…
- V-Matrix technology for a wider sweet spot and more power, power technology to optimize…
- Includes Full Length Cover & 3 Tennis Balls
- Extra large head generates greater power
- Stop Shock Sleeves for reduced racket vibration and improved feel
- Includes: Racket & Cover
- Balance Unstrung: 32cm
- String Pattern: 16 x 19
- A Guilty Gadgets Branded Product
- Great for kids and grown-ups to play sport activity games at the beach, park or in…
- Racquets are made of quality, durable material to withstand hours of play and fun…
- Prestrung Frame with Good TensionEvery racket is well strung by skilled workers before…
- Ideal for Beginners or Recreational PlayerOur outdoor and indoor garden tennis rackets…
- Lightweight and DurableStrung weight: 260g/ 9.2oz. The lightweight racket frame is…
- Contents: 1x Wilson Pro Staff Team tennis racket, Carbon fibre, Head size: 645.2…
- String mapping for a denser string bed, resulting in excellent precision and a better…
- Design in the style of the classic Pro Staff model with red and yellow stripes along…
- Great Product at Great Price. Including Fast and Free Delivery
- Suitable for children over the age of five and adults, Size approx: 28cm (w) x 59cm…
- Lightweight rackets made from durable aluminium, includes carry bag with comfy h…
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best tennis rackets, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a tennis racket test. Last Update: 2022/06/30.