Review10Best compares the best toasters in the UK and selects the one by Russell Hobbs as the best toaster. In a toaster buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different toasters and see a recommendation on which toaster to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of toasters, you can find the best toasters and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
The best toasters offer delicious toast every time without fail, regardless of the choice of bread used. However, not all toasters are so efficient when it comes to toasting all types of bread, so it’s always worth buying a great toaster to ensure you get that perfect toast time and time again. Check out the buying guide below for how to choose the right toaster:
What are toasters?
A toaster is a small electrical appliance used to make toast. It works by exposing radiant heat to bread, therefore turning it into toast. The best toaster also work effectively with various other bread products, such as bagels, sliced rolls, crumpets etc.
Why should you buy a good toaster?
A good toaster is a great appliance to have. It allows you to make toast, which is a very enjoyable snack and is also suitable for heating various other breaded products. If you enjoy toast in the morning - or at any other part of the day - then it’s always recommended to have a quality toaster. It’s possible to toast bread by other methods, but none are as efficient or quick as the great toasters.
How to choose the right toaster?
Choosing the best toaster isn’t as easy as many assume. There are countless products available and a range of features worth checking out, while cheaper toasters are often unreliable, so be sure to consider some of the following things:
- Capacity: Toasters come with either two or four-slice capacities, with the latter typically costing more due to its increased size. If you and your family eat toast often, then a four-slice toaster is a great choice, while those that eat toast infrequently will be fine with a cheaper two-slice toaster.
- Slot-Width: The best toasters feature variable slot-widths that allow them to toast a variety of bread. Not all toasters have this feature, and it’s an important one if you want toast different products such as bagels and specialty bread.
- Lift: Toasters have different lift levels so it’s important to consider this, otherwise smaller products such as crumpets and muffins are difficult to remove from the toaster. If you’re only using normal bread then lift isn’t much of a concern, but if you want to cook other stuff be sure to get a toaster with a high lift.
- Extra Features: There are a variety of additional features found in most toasters, so be sure to think about which features are useful. For instance, a sandwich rack allows toasties to be made in the toaster, while defrosting settings are perfect for cooking frozen bread.
What is the best kind of toaster in the UK?
There are several types of toasters available, any of which you may find appealing. They include:
- Pop-up Toaster: The most popular type of toaster by some margin, pop-up toasters feature two or four vertical bread slots at the top of the toaster. They usually operate via a lever at the side, with the toast popping up and out of the slot. Available in many shapes, sizes, and materials, pop-up toasters are a the best option for most people: being quick, effective, and relatively affordable.
- Toaster Oven: A toaster oven is a small oven with a cooking rack and removable small pan. Bread is placed on the wire rack before shutting the door, after which it cooks inside. Once ready, a toaster oven shuts off automatically, although you usually open the door manually. An appealing aspect of a toaster oven is its versatility. Not is it suitable for cooking toast, it has many of the functions of a conventional oven, albeit on a smaller scale. This makes it a great choice for cooking toast with toppings such as cheese, but it tends to cook bread slower than a pop-up toaster.
Top 10 list of toasters in the UK (January 2021)
The top 10 list shows how brands and their toasters compare. Which toaster is the best?
- Variable browning function
- Removable crumb tray
- Frozen, cancel and reheat functions
- Cord storage - excess cord can be tidied away to keep your kitchen worktops neat…
- Removable crumb tray - easy to keep your toaster clean and tidy
- Variable browning control - perfect toast, just the way you like it, every time
- Easy to clean with removable crumb tray: To easily clean this electric toaster, you…
- Variable width and Fast Heating: Wide slots suitable for both thick and thin slices,…
- Multiple Functions with High-Lift Lever: 4 functions Cancel, Bagel, Defrost, Reheat…
- Removable crumb tray
- Frozen bread function, cancel function and variable browning control
- Fits all bread sizes
- 2 Year Manufactures Guarantee - Plus 1 extra year when you register the product…
- Removable Crumb Tray - Say goodbye to crumbs all over the countertop. This handy…
- Frozen, Cancel and Reheat Functions - Toast a slice straight from frozen, reheat…
- Variable browning function. Note: slide arm lever should be pressed down complet…
- Removable crumb tray
- 275 mm x 290 mm x 198.5 mm
- Note: If you are only toasting 2 slices of bread then you must use the right hand…
- Defrost, reheat, mid-cycle cancel functions, Removable crumb trays for easy clea…
- Variable browning control and bread slots for thick and thin slices.9 toast sett…
- 1 year warranty
- Extra-lift position for removing small items and extra-deep crumb tray
- Electronic controls for reheat, defrost and cancel functions
- Deep variable width slots for even toast, thick or thin
- Removable crumb trays to easily clean your toaster
- Auto pop up function to easily remove your toast when it's ready
- Included components: Toaster, Instruction booklet
- Let Dune make a sweeping statement in your kitchen
- Ultra-stylish in on-trend patterned plastic and premium gloss finish
* Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a toaster test. Last Update 2021/01/25 16:30 o'clock.