Review10Best compares the best toners in the UK and selects the one by L'Oreal as the best toner. In a toner buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different toners and see a recommendation on which toner to buy in the UK in 2022. By considering the top list of toners, you can find the best toners and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
It’s important to find the best toner for your skin type, otherwise, you may not get all the benefits from this skincare product. There are a few other things you need to consider when buying skin toner too, which can make the process difficult for those that are unsure of what they need.
To help with the buying process, check out the handy guide below, it covers all the information that you need to find the best toners for your skincare routine.
What are toners?
Toner, also called skin toner, is a type of cosmetic product used to cleanse the skin by unclogging pores and removing excess oil. A toner lotion is typically incorporated into a daily skincare routine, being applied after cleansing skin with a facial wash and before applying moisturiser.
Why should you buy a good toner?
The best skin toners are a great addition to your skincare routine, especially if you wear heavy makeup or have oily skin. It offers additional cleansing after using a facial wash, removing excess oil and cleaning out pores, while offering some protection by shirking the pores to make it harder for dirt and grime to penetrate.
Furthermore, facial toners helps to restore the pH balance to our skin. Skin pH often gets out of balance after washing with a cleanser because soaps are usually more alkaline, so by keeping skin pH balanced with a toner there is less chance of oil developing.
How to choose the right toner?
Here are some things to look out for when you are buying the best toner:
- Skin Type: As with any skincare product, you need to make sure you select a toner that is suitable for your skin type. For instance, if you have sensitive or oily skin, then a toner with no alcohol is recommended. Those with dry skin will benefit from toner with additional moisturising effects such as a hyaluronic toner.
- Ingredients: The ingredients in toner vary from product to product, so you always need to check what is used and make sure nothing is going to irate your skin. Alcohol should be avoided in toners if you have dry or sensitive skin, while there are certain ingredients you may find beneficial. For instance, hyaluronic acid is great for moisturising, aloe vera also hydrates the skin, while antioxidants are great for protecting skin after applying the toner.
- Skin Issues: If you have certain issues with your skin then selecting a toner that can alleviate these problems is recommended. For example, a toner that exfoliates can help with acne problems, while rehydrating face tonics are a good option if your skin has lots of dry areas.
What is the best kind of toner in the UK?
Some of the best-selling toners available to buy are listed in the following:
- Pore-Minimizing Toners: This type of toner works to minimize the appearance of pores, usually featuring ingredients like an astringent to thoroughly cleanse pores. They won’t change the pore size though, just clean it so well they appear smaller.
- Korean Toners: A toner popular in South Korea, is quite different from most other toners, offering lots of hydration as it contains no alcohol. Ingredients vary from each product, with most known to give an attractive glow.
- Rose Water Toners: Made from rose waters distilled in water, this all-natural product is one of the gentlest toners available so is great for anyone with very sensitive skin.
- Hyaluronic Toners: This toner features higher volumes of hyaluronic acid, which is known for its moisturising and anti-aging properties, helping to hydrate skin while reducing visible signs of aging like fine lines and wrinkles.
Top 10 list of toners in the UK (May 2022)
The bestseller list compares brands and their toners. Which toner is the best?
- Over time, skin is smoothed and re plumped with moisture
- Immediately, skin is re hydrated and refreshed post-cleanse
- With pure Hyaluronic Acid, known for its plumping and anti-ageing properties
- Moisten a cotton wool pad with the toner and wipe gently over the face after cle…
- Refreshes, Soothes, Rehydrates
- This nourishing toner effectively tones skin, rebalances its pH level and preserves…
- Dermatologist tested
- Fragrance free
- Formulated with soothing prebiotic oat and calming feverfew
- Model number: 5011408061581
- L’Oréal are removing the cellophane wrapper from the packaging of all…
- It exfoliates, smoothes and re-invigorates the skin
- Apply every morning and evening after cleansing. Spritz 2-3 pumps on a cotton pad…
- Soothes, Calms, Refreshes
- The 3 key ingredients in this calming, facial toner are Apricot Extract, Sweet Betty…
- We sustainably source the rose petals from farms in their optimal growing region…
- We single steam-distill the fresh rose petals (vs. double & heat distillation…
- Unlike regular rose waters that are made from older, lower quality rose petals, manufactured…
- Comes with 200 ml bottle
- Leaves a radiant and hydrated complexion
- Extracts of korean ginseng, quillaja wood and sweet betty flower help to revitalise…
- Balanced skin - Facial cleanser formulated with Hydra IQ technology to enhance your…
- How to apply - After using NIVEA face and eye make up remover use the toner with…
- Gently caring - Make up remover gently moisturises the skin to keep its own natural…
- No parabens, no silicones and no artificial colourants
- 96% Natural origin ingredients and dermatologically tested
- It gently, yet efficiently removes make up and impurities while leaving the skin…
- 95.4% Natural Formula Cruelty-Free Alcohol-Free Fragrance-Free Vegan-Friendly…
- Aloe Vera creates a protective barrier from the sun and environmental pollutants,…
- Hyaluronic Acid rejuvenates and promotes healthy skin
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best toners, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a toner test. Last Update: 2022/05/18.