Review10Best compares the best tool boxes in the UK and selects the one by STANLEY as the best tool box. In a tool box buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different tool boxes and see a recommendation on which tool box to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of tool boxes, you can find the best tool boxes and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate tool box buying guide
- View the tool box picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Finding the best tool box isn’t always easy, with various sizes available and products designed for certain types of tools. So it’s little wonder so many people struggle to find the right tool kit for their needs. This is where our buying guide is here to help. Below you’ll find all the info you need to choose the best tool boxes for any situation.
What are tool boxes?
A tool box is a type of storage container designed to hold various household tools and supplies like screwdrivers, hammers, drills, nails, screws, and any other bits and pieces used for DIY projects. Tools stored in the box are protected from things like rust and are suitable for hobbyists, professionals and general DIY.
A tool box is typically stored in a garage or workshop, granting easy access to the various tools that you need for projects around the home, although many are designed for professionals that take their tools on the go.
Why should you buy a good tool box?
The best tool box will protect your tools in a secure location, helping to avoid things like rusting or damage from accidentally dropping it. Moreover, a tool box is a great container for organising all your tools and supplies. Everything is stored in a single location, letting you quickly grab the tool you need for any odd job around the home.
Also, good tool boxes are highly versatile and can be used to store a lot of different types of tools. For instance, it can be used to store standard DIY tools, woodworking tools, crafting tools, art supplies, or anything else you might want to store in one handy location.
How to choose the right tool box?
Here are some tips on how to find the best tool box for your requirements:
- Tools and Hardware: Think about what tools and hardware you need to store, as it makes choosing the right tool box much easier. Are you storing mostly DIY tools for use around the home? Then a portable plastic tool box may be ideal. Those with lots of tools and heavy-duty hardware in a workshop may require a much larger tool box with lots of storage compartments.
- Size and Capacity: Make sure to consider how large a tool box you need and the amount of storage it offers. A hand-carry tool box is a great choice for storing standard DIY, as these are compact and lightweight while offering decent storage space for smaller tools. If you own large tools or just a lot of supplies, then hand-carry options may not be suitable, with larger options like a tool chest being a better option.
- Material: Tool boxes are made from various materials and anyone may be beneficial for your situation. For instance, plastic tool boxes are usually affordable, lightweight and portable so a great all-rounder, although they may lack the same durability and protection as larger metal tool boxes. Bear in mind that metal materials like steel can be much heavier, which may reduce portability, especially when adding the weight of the tools themselves.
What is the best kind of tool box in the UK?
Many different options are available. If you are struggling to find the most suitable tool box for your needs, have a look at the best-selling types of tool boxes available:
- Hand Carry Tool Boxes: Typically made from plastic, although many are still made from metal, hand carry tool boxes are the smallest and most compact type available and great for all kinds of storage, from DIY tools to hobbyist supplies. The plastic is very durable and the storage is best used for smaller tools.
- Stationary Tool Boxes: These upright tool boxes include things like tool carts, tool chests, and workbenches with integrated storage. They are great for storing lots of larger tools, making them a fine choice for a dedicated workshop, especially considering their lack of portability.
Top 10 list of tool boxes in the UK (January 2021)
The top 10 list shows how brands and their tool boxes compare. Which tool box is the best?
- Padlock eye enables toolbox to be locked
- Geometric lock latches lock guarantee, enables smooth closing and opening
- Metal latches for longer life
- Width: 47cm, Depth: 26.5cm, Height: 62cm
- Heavy-duty, road-tested wheels
- 88lb load capacity. Large bottom bin for larger hand tools and power tools
- Made from hardwearing and durable 600 x 600 denier fabric
- Mesh pocket for personal small belongings
- 8 interior and 2 exterior pockets
- Padlock hole
- Heavy duty aluminium clasps
- Tote tray organiser with bit storage
- Plastic latch for long life
- Bi-material handle for secure comfortable grip
- Top lid organisers
- Large metal latches connecting the units
- Pull handle on top allows to conveniently manoeuvre
- Bottom bin with large 7 inches wheels
- Removable tray for organized storage of smaller tools and accessories
- 7 Inch Large durable wheels
- Long telescopic handle
- With removable shelf
- Ideal for storing tools
- Dimensions: 71 x 30, 8 x 28, 5cm
- Dimensions: 400mm x 170mm x 180mm
- Impact resistant stainless steelLarge amounts of spaceRemovable tote trayTwo handy…
- The tool box can be secured shut with the two metal latches on the front with padlock…
- Easy to Carry- Red tool box with handle. This tool box ideal for household use, DIY…
- Size43cmx22cmx21cm, MaterialSteel
- The lid of the closed box can be secured by a padlock (not supplied) for added s…
* Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a tool box test. Last Update 2021/01/27 04:21 o'clock.