Review10Best compares the best tool boxes in the UK and selects the one by Stanley as the best tool box. In a tool box buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different tool boxes and see a recommendation on which tool box to buy in the UK in 2023. By considering the top list of tool boxes, you can find the best tool boxes and save time shopping online.
- Read the ultimate tool box buying guide
- View the tool box picks and see how they rank in the top list
Finding the best tool box isn’t always easy, with various sizes available and products designed for certain types of tools. So it’s little wonder so many people struggle to find the right tool kit for their needs. This is where our buying guide is here to help. Below you’ll find all the info you need to choose the best tool boxes for any situation.
What are tool boxes?
A tool box is a type of storage container designed to hold various household tools and supplies like screwdrivers, hammers, drills, nails, screws, and any other bits and pieces used for DIY projects. Tools stored in the box are protected from things like rust and are suitable for hobbyists, professionals and general DIY.
A tool box is typically stored in a garage or workshop, granting easy access to the various tools that you need for projects around the home, although many are designed for professionals that take their tools on the go.
Why should you buy a good tool box?
The best tool box will protect your tools in a secure location, helping to avoid things like rusting or damage from accidentally dropping it. Moreover, a tool box is a great container for organising all your tools and supplies. Everything is stored in a single location, letting you quickly grab the tool you need for any odd job around the home.
Also, good tool boxes are highly versatile and can be used to store a lot of different types of tools. For instance, it can be used to store standard DIY tools, woodworking tools, crafting tools, art supplies, or anything else you might want to store in one handy location.
How to choose the right tool box?
Here are some tips on how to find the best tool box for your requirements:
- Tools and Hardware: Think about what tools and hardware you need to store, as it makes choosing the right tool box much easier. Are you storing mostly DIY tools for use around the home? Then a portable plastic tool box may be ideal. Those with lots of tools and heavy-duty hardware in a workshop may require a much larger tool box with lots of storage compartments.
- Size and Capacity: Make sure to consider how large a tool box you need and the amount of storage it offers. A hand-carry tool box is a great choice for storing standard DIY, as these are compact and lightweight while offering decent storage space for smaller tools. If you own large tools or just a lot of supplies, then hand-carry options may not be suitable, with larger options like a tool chest being a better option.
- Material: Tool boxes are made from various materials and anyone may be beneficial for your situation. For instance, plastic tool boxes are usually affordable, lightweight and portable so a great all-rounder, although they may lack the same durability and protection as larger metal tool boxes. Bear in mind that metal materials like steel can be much heavier, which may reduce portability, especially when adding the weight of the tools themselves.
What is the best kind of tool box in the UK?
Many different options are available. If you are struggling to find the most suitable tool box for your needs, have a look at the best-selling types of tool boxes available:
- Hand Carry Tool Boxes: Typically made from plastic, although many are still made from metal, hand carry tool boxes are the smallest and most compact type available and great for all kinds of storage, from DIY tools to hobbyist supplies. The plastic is very durable and the storage is best used for smaller tools.
- Stationary Tool Boxes: These upright tool boxes include things like tool carts, tool chests, and workbenches with integrated storage. They are great for storing lots of larger tools, making them a fine choice for a dedicated workshop, especially considering their lack of portability.
Top 10 list of tool boxes in the UK (December 2023)
The bestseller list compares brands and their tool boxes. Which tool box is the best?
- Ergonomic latches - metal
- Innovative design
- Package Contents: 1-Piece Tool Box
- 7” wheels for portability
- Padlock loop for security
- Removable middle tote tray organized storage of smaller tools and accessories
- Extra large storage capacity maximum volume utility 32 Litre
- Large metal rust proof latches for secure closing
- Tough ergonomic soft-grip handle
- Ergonomic latches
- Dimensions: 41 x 21 x 20 cm
- Small top organizers enable small parts organization
- PORTABLE: This hand household tools set gives you the essentials tools you need in…
- WIDE RANGE OF USES - DEKO 62 pieces tool box with tools is ideal for auto maintenance,…
- DESIGNED FOR COMFORT - Each piece in diy tools is lightweight and crafted with a…
- Product Dimensions – 480mm x 230mm x 230mm.
- Portable - Easily take this toolbox anywhere with the carry handle which folds away…
- Integrated Organiser - With the 7 compartments in the top of the toolbox you can…
- Width: 47cm, Depth: 26.5cm, Height: 62cm
- Heavy-duty, road-tested wheels
- 88lb load capacity. Large bottom bin for larger hand tools and power tools
- With removable shelf
- Ideal for storing tools
- Dimensions: 71 x 30, 8 x 28, 5cm
- Removable dividers for tools and small parts
- Integrated carry handle for the case - Can be used as a separate unit
- Heavy duty anti-rust metal latches for extra strength and durability
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best tool boxes, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a tool box test. Last Update: 2023/12/01.