Review10Best compares the best toothpastes in the UK and selects the one by COLGATE as the best toothpaste. In a toothpaste buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different toothpastes and see a recommendation on which toothpaste to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of toothpastes, you can find the best toothpastes and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate toothpaste buying guide
- View the toothpaste picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
It is easy to assume that buying the best toothpaste is a simple task, yet with so many options out there finding the right toothpaste for your teeth and gums is often easier said than done! There are dozens of variations of toothpaste, all of which offer certain benefits, so it is important to choose one that is best-suited for your dental needs. Check out this guide for advice on how to get the best toothpaste for your oral hygiene.
What are toothpastes?
Toothpaste is an oral hygiene product used to clean and protect teeth. While different types of toothpaste offer certain benefits, they all work by removing plaque and food from teeth, helping to prevent tooth decay and gum disease.
Why should you buy a good toothpaste?
The best toothpastes promote healthy teeth and gums. Not only does a good toothpaste clean your teeth, but protect it from decay while also leaving the teeth looking much cleaner. Furthermore, different types of toothpaste can offer various benefits. For instance, whitening toothpaste is great for maintaining the aesthetics of your teeth, while cavity protection toothpaste will help to protect teeth from decay.
How to choose the right toothpaste?
To choose the best toothpaste for your oral hygiene, it is important to know what you need from your toothpaste. If your teeth are quite healthy, then you may not need a specific kind of toothpaste, whereas those suffering from dental issues may require a more specialized product. Here are some things worth considering:
- Fluoride: The best toothpaste products contain fluoride, an active ingredient essential for fighting tooth decay. You’ll want to make sure fluoride is present in any toothpaste you buy, as it will protect your enamel from acids that accelerate tooth decay.
- Special Needs: Everyone will have their own needs when it comes to dental hygiene, so it’s important to pick the best toothpaste for your own teeth. For example, if you have sensitive teeth then a sensitive toothpaste will be the best option, while those suffering from gum disease will need an appropriate toothpaste for this problem. However, if your teeth are in great condition then you may not need a toothpaste with certain active ingredients.
What is the best kind of toothpaste in the UK?
As mentioned before, there is a huge range of toothpaste available, each one containing any number of ingredients. While finding the best toothpastes for your teeth can be difficult, most have a rather self-explanatory name that should make it easier:
- Toothpastes for Children: The best-suited toothpaste for children’s teeth, it contains less fluoride than those found in products for adult teeth. Children’s teeth are much more sensitive than adults, so the toothpaste can’t have as many abrasives either. They also tend to carry child-friendly flavors such as bubble-gum.
- Whitening Toothpastes: As the name suggests, this is the best toothpaste for restoring the natural whiteness to teeth. This is a great product for people whose teeth are more prone to stainings, such as smokers or coffee drinkers. This type of toothpaste contains more cleaners and abrasives than others to ensure that they can remove or at least reduce stains.
- Sensitive Toothpastes: A fantastic toothpaste for anyone suffering from sensitive teeth, it makes drinking and eating hot or cold products much more bearable. They contain active ingredients that offer pain relief from hypersensitivity, which can often occur due to tooth decay.
- Anti-Decay Toothpastes: This type of toothpaste is probably one of the most common, as all good toothpastes should offer protection from decay. Their main active ingredient is fluoride, which is proven to prevent tooth decay.
- Anti-Plaque Toothpastes: The best toothpaste for fighting gum disease, they work by fighting plaque build-ups that cause the bacteria that cause gum disease. Even those that already have gum disease can benefit from this type of toothpaste, as it can inhibit the bacteria that worsen the condition.
Top 10 list of toothpastes in the UK (January 2021)
The top 10 list shows how brands and their toothpastes compare. Which toothpaste is the best?
- Refreshes your whole mouth
- Helps whiten teeth
- Fights cavities
- Releases a burst of whitening power to recharge the natural whiteness of your te…
- Fights cavities
- Freshens breath
- Enamel friendly – Our toothpaste is enamel friendly meaning you can brush daily…
- Repeat use – Keep brushing to help teeth stay whiter for longer and maintain…
- Whitening – This teeth whitening toothpaste allows you to get one shade whiter…
- enhanced antibacterial system for a healthy mouth
- Fights cavities, staining and sensitive teeth
- Twelve hours protection
- Gently polishes & prevents new stains
- Gentle for daily use
- Helps remove stains and prevents new ones
- Mint flavour
- Contains natural pearl extract
- Enamel safe formula
- Brush twice a day for lasting sensitivity protection
- Sensodyne repair and protect toothpaste provides strong repair for sensitive teeth…
- It is important to change your toothbrush regularly to help ensure effective teeth…
- Gentle – This toothpaste is gentle, making it perfect for daily use
- Whitening - Experience whiter teeth in just 14 days with Colgate Advanced White…
- Stains - helps prevent new stains from adhering so your teeth stay whiter for lo…
- Fluoride-free, vegan-friendly; recommended for children six years and older
- The combination of coconut oil, cinnamon extract and thyme essential oil provide…
- Papain and bromelain remove dental plaque and gently polish the enamel
- Safe – A safe way to whiten your teeth, containing optimal fluoride concentration…
- Colour correct – It colour corrects tooth enamel, removing up to 15 years of…
- Whitening – Powered with a non-abrasive advanced tooth whitening technology…
* Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a toothpaste test. Last Update 2021/01/27 03:45 o'clock.