Review10Best compares the best vacuum cleaners in the UK and selects the one by Shark as the best vacuum cleaner. In a vacuum cleaner buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different vacuum cleaners and see a recommendation on which vacuum cleaner to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of vacuum cleaners, you can find the best vacuum cleaners and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate vacuum cleaner buying guide
- View the vacuum cleaner picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to vacuum cleaners
Go to the ranking →
(skip buying guide)
Most homes will benefit from having a vacuum cleaner, as it allows you to maintain a high level of hygiene by removing dirt and dust from surfaces throughout the house. To find the best vacuum cleaner for your home, there are few things you will want to consider, such as what type is best for your needs and if there are any features that may be useful.
What are vacuum cleaners?
A vacuum cleaner is a device used to remove dust and dirt from floor surfaces. It works by creating a partial vacuum that then sucks up dirt, dust, and debris, which is created by an air pump present in the device. They come in many shapes and styles, all of which follow the same basic principle of sucking up unwanted mess found on the floors throughout a home.
Why should you buy a good vacuum cleaner?
A vacuum cleaner is a great tool for maintaining a high level of cleanliness around the home. Dirt, dust, and debris all build up throughout a home, and their contents can be rather unpleasant. This includes the likes of dead skin cells and hair while microorganisms and bacteria can develop, too. So, a good vacuum cleaner allows you to avoid nasty build-ups of mess on your floors, helping to keep your home fresh, clean and hygienic, which should translate into better health and a much more pleasant living environment.
How to choose the right vacuum cleaner?
With so many options available today, determining the best vacuum cleaner for your home can be rather difficult. Here are some things to consider that should make the process easier:
- Capacity: A good vacuum cleaner should be able to hold a fair amount of dirt and debris before needing to be emptied, so you should want one with a decent capacity. Think about the floor space in your home in relation to this, as you may not need to go for the largest capacity if you have a smaller space to clean.
- Filter: The right vacuum cleaner is vital for anyone that suffers from allergies, as it a prevents dust and hair build-ups that can aggravate allergies. If you have allergies, you might also consider buying a good air purifier. Vacuum filters are important in this regard as they trap the problematic particles causing issues. For instance, a HEPA filter traps 99.97% of all dust particles, while charcoal filters help filter out strong odors, making them great for pet owners.
- Cords: The best vacuum cleaner doesn’t necessarily need to be a cordless one. In fact, cordless options will require charging, so corded vacuum cleaners are often viewed as a much better option in most cases. Remember that shorter cords will need to be unplugged more when covering larger areas, so you may want to find a longer cord length if you have a large home with several rooms.
What is the best kind of vacuum cleaner in the UK?
There are several types of vacuums available today, all of which can offer pros and cons depending on your situation. However, finding the best vacuum cleaners shouldn’t be too difficult once you know what each type is and what they offer.
- Cylinder Vacuum Cleaners: Small, compact, and lightweight, cylinder vacuum clears are a great choice for smaller homes. As they rely on good suction, they are usually the best vacuum cleaner for hard floors, while their small size makes them easy to store and maneuver.
- Upright Vacuum Cleaners: When it comes to homes with large floors with carpets, the upright vacuum is the right option out there. The combination of brushes and strong suction makes them especially good at loosening and sucking up dirt and debris trapped in carpets, especially pet hair.
- Cordless Vacuum Cleaners: A relatively newer type of vacuum cleaner, cordless options are very lightweight and easy to use, making them especially great for using on more compact and hard-to-reach spaces such as stairs, upholstery, vehicles, etc.
- Robot Vacuum Cleaners: Why vacuum yourself when you can have a robot do it for you? These fun vacuum cleaners have a navigation system that allows them to clean the home without any input. They’re surprisingly effective, too, as sensors allow them to determine the type of floor and adjust their vacuuming accordingly.
Top 10 list of vacuum cleaners in the UK (January 2021)
The top 10 list shows how brands and their vacuum cleaners compare. Which vacuum cleaner is the best?
- Includes 3 attachments LED headlights 5-year manufacturer warranty for peace of…
- Suitable for pet owners, easily remove embedded pet hair from sofas and stairs
- Transform into a portable vacuum to easily clean stairs, surfaces and under furn…
- 5-year guarantee upon registration with Shark
- Includes multi-surface Tool and Crevice Toolarcpet and Hard Floor modes. 8 m power…
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal - Captures and traps 99.9 Percent of dust and allerg…
- Washable filters
- Cyclonic Filtration for the toughest messes
- Easily remove handle to clean with the hand vacuum
- 1 Year VYTRONIX Guarantee
- Large 2L dust bin capacity
- 4 Stage HEPA filtration System
- Power : 820w
- 1 year guarantee
- Includes 2 in 1 dusting brush/crevice tool
- Motorised brush bar
- Energy efficient Eco Mode
- Cord free cleaning
- 1-year guarantee
- Includes extension hose and 3-in-1 tool for easy above the floor cleaning
- Lightweight - weighs only 5 kg
- 5-year guarantee (2-year guarantee on battery) upon registration with Shark
- Flexology bends to clean under furniture and folds for freestanding storage
- Carpets and hard floors – DuoClean glides across all floors, no need to change…
- Overheat ProtectionTo ensure the safety of your family and you, MooSoo stick vacuum…
- Reliable Filtering ProcessFully sealed 4-stage cyclonic filtration system is capable…
- Make Housework EasierThe conductive tube has a telescopic range of 19-31 inches,…
- Multi-purpose & Light WeightThe cordless vacuum cleaner comes with 5 brushes,…
- Brushless Motor and Ultra-QuietDue to no friction in any carbon brush, S7’s…
- Long-lasting Battery&Digital DisplayThe vacuum cleaner especially adopts a detachable…
* Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a vacuum cleaner test. Last Update 2021/01/16 00:06 o'clock.
Other reviews related to vacuum cleaners