Review10Best compares the best washing machines in the UK and selects the one by Bosch Home & Kitchen Appliances as the best washing machine. In a washing machine buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different washing machines and see a recommendation on which washing machine to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of washing machines, you can find the best washing machines and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate washing machine buying guide
- View the washing machine picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Buying the best washing machine possible is always worthwhile. Not only does it provide quality cleaning time and time again, but will last many years of frequent use. However, given the wide selection of washing machines available, knowing which one to buy is often difficult. Check the buying guide below how to choose the best washing machines:
What are washing machines?
A washing machine is a household appliance used to clean laundry. They work by using a mixture of water and laundry detergent to clean laundry, continually spinning them in a drum until they are washed clean. The best washing machines also come with a range of features, including various temperature settings, different spin modes, rotation speed settings, and even pre-programmed settings for common laundry loads.
Why should you buy a good washing machine?
A washing machine is one of the most helpful appliances to have in the home. Everyone has laundry that requires cleaning, so without a washing machine, you will need to take the time and effort to go to a self-service laundry store or a shared laundry room.
Better still, buying a high-efficiency washing machine is very recommended. These machines use less power so are cheaper to operate, keeping bills down while still cleaning laundry to a high standard.
How to choose the right washing machine?
Choosing the best washing machine isn’t the easiest process, especially if you haven’t done so for a while. Here are some things to consider when looking to buy a washing machine:
- Capacity: The bigger a washing machines capacity the more laundry it can do in a single cycle. This is quite important for those with lots of laundries, such as a large family. However, the larger capacity the bigger the machine is.
- Size: Always ensure you have measured the space where the washing machine will be installed to ensure it fits properly. Machines with larger capacities are going to be bigger as well, so take this into consideration if upgrading your washing machine.
- Energy Rating: All new washing machines come with an energy rating system, and those with the highest ratings are the most energy efficient. So, buying a washing machine with a good energy rating is always recommended. It will consume less energy to operate, saving money and being environmentally friendly. The best washing machines come with the highest energy ratings, although they tend to cost more because of the advanced technology that makes them so efficient.
What is the best kind of washing machine in the UK?
There are several types of washing machines available, any of which may be suitable for your needs:
- Freestanding Washing Machines: The most popular type of washing machine, freestanding machines are easy to install, requiring a connection to a drain and power source. Featuring a frontloaded designed, they’re available in many sizes so finding a suitable capacity is easy enough. Perhaps the best all-round washing machine, freestanding machines usually feature the best energy ratings.
- Integrated Washing Machines: Much the same as a freestanding washing machine but with a door panel cover, an integrated washing machine remains hidden from sight in a kitchen. The door matches the units in the kitchen, making it more discreet. Other than that, it follows the same frontloaded design as other washing machines, although they are generally smaller, i.e. great for anyone short on space.
- Top-loading Washing Machines: Not as common as they once were, top-loading washing machines feature a door at the top of the unit rather than the front. They are much narrower than freestanding machines, although their design means they shouldn’t be stored beneath a countertop unless they can wheel out.
Top 10 list of washing machines in the UK (December 2021)
The bestseller list compares brands and their washing machines. Which washing machine is the best?
- Dimensions (cm) - H84.8 x W59.8 x D59
- ActiveWater: reduces water consumption and costs thanks to sensors and load adjustment…
- AllergyPlus: specially developed for the needs of allergy sufferers and sensitive…
- Dimensions (cm) - H85 x W60 x D52
- Installation type: Freestanding; Connector type: Water Line and Drain
- variable spin and temperature - allows you to adjust the spin speed and temperature…
- Manufacturer Warranty - 10 years all parts guarantee, with a one-year labour warranty…
- 10kg wash capacity - great for large sized households
- A+++ Energy Rating
- Delay Timer
- 61 dBA / 79 dBA
- 9kg Capacity
- Dimensions (cm) - H85 x W60 x D58
- Variable Spin and Temperature - Allows you to adjust the spin speed and temperature…
- NFC Connected - Connect via the app on your Android Smartphone to download additional…
- Speedy 28 Minute Programme
- 62dB Noise Rating
- 6kg Load Capacity
- Dimensions (cm) - H84.8 x W59.8 x D54.6
- Connector type: Water Line and Drain
- AntiVibration Design: extremely stable and especially quiet thanks to special vibration…
- Dimensions (cm) - H85 x W60 x D52
- Stain Level - Adjust the stain level depending on how soiled the items in the wash…
- All In One 59 - Ideal when you need your washing done in a hurry. A full wash of…
- End of programme signal
- Delicates function
- 15 minute quick wash function
- Baby and Toddler Programme
- 72dB Noise Rating
- 7kg Load Capacity
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best washing machines, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a washing machine test. Last Update: 2021/12/04.