Review10Best compares the best waterproof sprays in the UK and selects the one by Fabsil as the best waterproof spray. In a waterproof spray buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different waterproof sprays and see a recommendation on which waterproof spray to buy in the UK in 2022. By considering the top list of waterproof sprays, you can find the best waterproof sprays and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate waterproof spray buying guide
- View the waterproof spray picks and see how they rank in the top list
The best waterproof sprays make it easier to protect your belongings from water, making it must-have for all kinds of outdoor activities. That said, with so many products that use a wide array of formulas, knowing what waterproof spray is best for your needs is not always obvious. To help you finding the best waterproof sprays, we have created a handy buying guide. It covers all the information you need to know including what they are, how to choose the right one, and what types are available.
What are waterproof sprays?
A waterproof spray is a product used to treat fabrics to make them resistant to water. Commonly used on outdoor gear like jackets, tents, and hiking boots, waterproof sprays have become more widely used by people looking to protect their footwear from water damage. While the formula varies from each product, good waterproof sprays use a liquid fluoropolymer to cover the fabric with a protective seal that repels water, preventing it from getting soaked from water.
Why should you buy a good waterproof spray?
The best waterproof sprays can protect clothing, footwear, and other materials from being saturated with water. This makes it a fantastic investment for all kinds of situations, most notably camping or hiking trips, although many people use them to protect their everyday footwear from rain.
By protecting materials from water, the spray helps to keep you dry and comfortable, which is a huge advantage for anyone spending time outdoors. Moreover, the spray protects your belongings too, preventing common problems from water like staining and discolouration.
How to choose the right waterproof spray?
Not sure what to look for in the best waterproof spray? Here are some things to consider:
- Drying Time: The drying time of the spray can vary significantly from each product, so always make sure to check this before you buy. The last thing you want is to buy a spray you think dries instantly only to discover it takes several hours. Drying times vary from under an hour to overnight, with those taking longer often being the most water-resistant.
- Uses: It helps to think about what you are using the spray on to help find a suitable product. For example, some sprays are designed for tents and outdoor clothing while others are designed for fashion footwear, and some can be used on all kinds of products. Be sure to check what the waterproof spray is recommended for before you buy it!
- Materials: Not all waterproof sprays work with every material, so make sure to clarify if it is compatible with whatever you are using. For example, waterproof sprays designed for coats and jackets may not be compatible with the materials used in trainers or boots, so you need to check to see whether the spray is suitable for the material.
- Durability: Not all sprays have the same duration, which is why you must check how long the spray lasts and whether it is enough for your needs. For example, strong waterproof sprays designed for tents can last several months, while those for clothes and footwear usually only last a few weeks at most.
What is the best kind of waterproof spray in the UK?
There are two main types of waterproof sprays available to buy:
- Water-Based Waterproof Sprays: This type of waterproof spray is water-based, usually being the best type of spray for clothes and footwear. The durability is not quite the level of silicone-based sprays but it still lasts for a good length of time when applied to clothing and footwear.
- Silicone-Based Waterproof Sprays: This type of spray features silicone to provide an extra strong protective layer across the material. This is best used for outdoor gear like backpacks, tents, and anything made from heavy-duty materials.
Top 10 list of waterproof sprays in the UK (December 2022)
The bestseller list compares brands and their waterproof sprays. Which waterproof spray is the best?
- Extends the life of tents
- Offers a high water repellency and is colourless and odourless when dry
- Suitable for all fabric types
- It Also Helps to Extend The Life Of Your Outdoor Items; Please Follow the Instruction…
- Fabric Protector Spray, A Great Way of Protecting Your Outdoor Gear From Water Damage…
- Out & About WaterProof Fabric Quality Multi-Purpose Watreproof Spray; Suitable…
- Will proof 1 garment
- WaterBased, fluorocarbon-free & environmentally responsible
- No heat activation required
- Allow To Dry Thoroughly Before Use. Repeat Application As Required. Use In A Well…
- Spray Uniformly From A Distance Of Approx 30cm.
- Before Use Check Compatibility And Colour Fastness By Testing On An Inconspicuous…
- The formula is completely odourless and invisible, so there’s no need to worry…
- Protects clothing and other fabric against harsh weather conditions such as snow…
- You can use Pro-Kleen’s Fabric Protector on most fabrics including nylon, polyester,…
- Each Can Contains 300 ml Volume of Spray.
- The Spray Can Be Used On the Most Textiles, Synthetic, Fibres & Genuine Leather…
- Fabric Protector Spray, A Great Way of Protecting Your Outdoor Gear From Water D…
- TWO SIZES AVAILABLE: Comes in two sizes 200 ml - 6.76 fl. oz. or 400 ml - 13.52 fl.…
- APPLICATION: Remove dust and dirt, spray, and then allow to dry. Spray one more time…
- COLORLESS AND BREATHABLE: Mountval Waterproof keeps your gear breathable and does…
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best waterproof sprays, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a waterproof spray test. Last Update: 2022/12/04.