Review10Best compares the best wheel cleaners in the UK and nominates the one from Bilt Hamber as the best wheel cleaner. In our wheel cleaners review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different wheel cleaners and follow our recommendation on which wheel cleaner to buy in the UK in 2019. With the wheel cleaner comparison, you can be sure to buy the best wheel cleaner on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate wheel cleaner buying guide
- View our wheel cleaner picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about wheel cleaners
- More about wheel cleaners on the web
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
You love cruising in your motor with your shiny alloy wheels spinning and gleaming with sparkles fit for diamonds. Well, in this article you are going to learn about the various types of wheel cleaners, the good, the bad, the ugly and the very best wheel cleaners, which to embrace and which to steer clear of as well as choosing the right type of wheel cleaner for your wheels.
What are wheel cleaners?
Wheel cleaners are products, which can be applied to your wheels, which help them to degrease, unclog, clean and shine for the very best results. Some wheel cleaners come in sprays others in creams and waxes. You can even apply specific wheel cleaners, which prevent the build up of dirt making your wheels cleaner for longer, saving you money in the long run and giving you the best outcome.
Why should you buy a good wheel cleaner?
Wheel cleaners not only help your wheels to shine, look super good and attract all the right attention but they also help the performance of your car by keeping your wheels slick and grit free, the oils in your motor stay cleaner for longer reducing the overall workload which your motor produces to keep you moving. Wheel cleaners also help to protect against acid erosion due to rain and harsh weather conditions giving you optimum and the very best results you can get. They also help to prevent against the build up of rust.
Another reason to use wheel cleaners is due to the harsh nature of road salts. People do not consider or realize just how bad and corrosive road salts are to their vehicles. Using the best wheel cleaner for the job will protect your wheels against damage from road salts.
How to choose the right wheel cleaner?
With so many types of wheel cleaners on the market, it is kind of hard knowing where to turn and which wheel cleaner to go for. Doing your research could save you a lot of hassle and upset in the long run. Of course, it’s better to be prepared than having the wrong type of wheel cleaner damage your prized possessions. Some wheel cleaners have fewer chemicals than others so do not smell as strong and are much better for the environment.
Some wheel cleaners will do a general clean of your wheels when washed away, others a deep clean when brushed in. Some are translucent others have a red color which some say is better than the older translucent wheel cleaners on the market. Some are for alloy wheels some for aluminum and others for chrome or just to help best with clearing break dust.
The main thing to consider when opting for a wheel cleaner is what do you wish to get from your product? If the very best sparkle is all you want, then you simply need to match the type of wheel with the correct wheel cleaner. For a deeper cleanse you need to select a wheel cleaner that will get into all the hard to reach areas of your wheel.
What is the best kind of wheel cleaner in the UK?
There are many types of wheel cleaners today from basic dirt removal types to those that get the grit out of the deepest parts of the wheel and perform better than lesser products. Here are some types to consider:
- Alloy Wheel Cleaner: This wheel cleaner works on alloy, chrome and aluminum wheels. This wheel cleaner is specifically for clear-coated, painted, polished and plastic-dipped rims.
- Acid-Free Wheel Cleaner: A great product, powerfully and innovatively formulated to remove stubborn brake dust from steel and alloy wheels, which does not damage plastic rims.
- Wheel Cleaner for Brake Dust: This wheel cleaner is specially formulated to remove brake dust, surface corrosion, tarnishing and road grime from alloy painted wheels. Carefully selected brightening agents ensure your wheels are kept looking their best.
Top 10 list of wheel cleaners in the UK (February 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their wheel cleaners rank and which wheel cleaner is the best.
- It may be beneficial to agitate surface with soft brush in cases of severe conta…
- No touch cleaning of heavily soiled wheels
- Easy to use colour changing formulation
- Tough on road grime and dirt but not your wheels
- Safe on ALL factory wheels
- Thick, deep dual-sided microfiber pile absorbs two times more than traditional terry…
- Do not use on non standard or anodised wheel surfaces
- Take special care to use this product carefully
- Rapidly dissolves most contaminants from alloy, chromium, painted and plastic trimmed…
- A little goes a long way! Spray onto the affected surface, leave 5-10 minutes, watch…
- Increased contact time with thicker liquid for maximum cleaning capability
- Improved advanced cleaning formula that dissolves contaminants upon contact
- Great Product
- Revolution Wheel Cleaner 5L
- Info: Leaves a streak free finish
- Safe to use on all types of wheels
- Non-Acidic wheel cleaner
- Heavy Duty formula
- Spray on, work in, and hose off formula
- Easy to use
- Fast Acting Formula
- Wheel Protector 450ml - Protective coating for all types of wheel
- Instant Tyre Dressing 500ml - Provides a natural, black sheen to your tyres
- Clean Wheels 500ml - Removes dirt and dust from your wheels
- Acidic Formulation. Soaks in the dirt to remove baked on brake dust, traffic film…
- Safe for all alloys, decals and wheel nuts
- Works on contact no hard brushing required
- Non-acidic pH neutral formulation
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/02/18 11:34 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best wheel cleaners
Further resources about wheel cleaners
- Best car wheel cleaner 2017 | Auto Express: Wheels are tricky to clean, so a good formula is vital. Here are our favourites (source: www.autoexpress.co.uk)
- Spray-On Wheel Cleaners | Consumer Reports: Consumer Reports puts spray-on wheel cleaners to the test. Read on to find the best wheel cleaners. (source: www.consumerreports.org)