Review10Best compares the best wheel cleaners in the UK and selects the one by CarPlan as the best wheel cleaner. In a wheel cleaner buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different wheel cleaners and see a recommendation on which wheel cleaner to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of wheel cleaners, you can find the best wheel cleaners and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate wheel cleaner buying guide
- View the wheel cleaner picks and see how they rank in the top list
- More about wheel cleaners on the web
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
You love cruising in your motor with your shiny alloy wheels spinning and gleaming with sparkles fit for diamonds. Well, in this article you are going to learn about the various types of wheel cleaners, the good, the bad, the ugly and the very best wheel cleaners, which to embrace and which to steer clear of as well as choosing the right type of wheel cleaner for your wheels.
What are wheel cleaners?
Wheel cleaners are products, which can be applied to your wheels, which help them to degrease, unclog, clean and shine for the very best results. Some wheel cleaners come in sprays others in creams and waxes. You can even apply specific wheel cleaners, which prevent the build up of dirt making your wheels cleaner for longer, saving you money in the long run and giving you the best outcome.
Why should you buy a good wheel cleaner?
Wheel cleaners not only help your wheels to shine, look super good and attract all the right attention but they also help the performance of your car by keeping your wheels slick and grit free, the oils in your motor stay cleaner for longer reducing the overall workload which your motor produces to keep you moving. Wheel cleaners also help to protect against acid erosion due to rain and harsh weather conditions giving you optimum and the very best results you can get. They also help to prevent against the build up of rust.
Another reason to use wheel cleaners is due to the harsh nature of road salts. People do not consider or realize just how bad and corrosive road salts are to their vehicles. Using the best wheel cleaner for the job will protect your wheels against damage from road salts.
How to choose the right wheel cleaner?
With so many types of wheel cleaners on the market, it is kind of hard knowing where to turn and which wheel cleaner to go for. Doing your research could save you a lot of hassle and upset in the long run. Of course, it’s better to be prepared than having the wrong type of wheel cleaner damage your prized possessions. Some wheel cleaners have fewer chemicals than others so do not smell as strong and are much better for the environment.
Some wheel cleaners will do a general clean of your wheels when washed away, others a deep clean when brushed in. Some are translucent others have a red color which some say is better than the older translucent wheel cleaners on the market. Some are for alloy wheels some for aluminum and others for chrome or just to help best with clearing break dust.
The main thing to consider when opting for a wheel cleaner is what do you wish to get from your product? If the very best sparkle is all you want, then you simply need to match the type of wheel with the correct wheel cleaner. For a deeper cleanse you need to select a wheel cleaner that will get into all the hard to reach areas of your wheel.
What is the best kind of wheel cleaner in the UK?
There are many types of wheel cleaners today from basic dirt removal types to those that get the grit out of the deepest parts of the wheel and perform better than lesser products. Here are some types to consider:
- Alloy Wheel Cleaner: This wheel cleaner works on alloy, chrome and aluminum wheels. This wheel cleaner is specifically for clear-coated, painted, polished and plastic-dipped rims.
- Acid-Free Wheel Cleaner: A great product, powerfully and innovatively formulated to remove stubborn brake dust from steel and alloy wheels, which does not damage plastic rims.
- Wheel Cleaner for Brake Dust: This wheel cleaner is specially formulated to remove brake dust, surface corrosion, tarnishing and road grime from alloy painted wheels. Carefully selected brightening agents ensure your wheels are kept looking their best.
Top 10 list of wheel cleaners in the UK (January 2021)
The top 10 list shows how brands and their wheel cleaners compare. Which wheel cleaner is the best?
- Fast penetrating formula
- Easy to use application.
- A universal wheel cleaner suitable for use on all wheels including chrome, plastic,…
- Tough on road grime and dirt but not your wheels
- Safe on ALL factory wheels
- For best results, apply to your wheels when they are dry, leave for 4-5 minutes before…
- A little goes a long way! Spray onto the affected surface, leave 5-10 minutes, watch…
- Increased contact time with thicker liquid for maximum cleaning capability
- Improved advanced cleaning formula that dissolves contaminants upon contact
- Safe to use on all types of wheels
- Non-Acidic wheel cleaner
- Heavy Duty formula
- Do not use on non standard or anodised wheel surfaces
- Take special care to use this product carefully
- Rapidly dissolves most contaminants from alloy, chromium, painted and plastic trimmed…
- Pack of 2 (Total 1200ml)
- The advanced formula will react with any brake dust on the surface of the wheel and…
- Easily removes baked on brake dust, road grime, dirt, grease and oil quickly and…
- It may be beneficial to agitate surface with soft brush in cases of severe conta…
- No touch cleaning of heavily soiled wheels
- Easy to use colour changing formulation
- Dirty wheels will be transformed back to their original, sparkling showroom shin…
- The product can then be washed off using a pressure washer or garden hose.
- The advanced formula will react with any brake dust on the surface of the wheel and,…
- Easy spray on, brush and hose off formula
- Leaves a gleaming finish
- Powers through brake dust quickly
* Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a wheel cleaner test. Last Update 2021/01/25 11:21 o'clock.
Further resources about wheel cleaners
- Best car wheel cleaner 2019 | Auto Express: Wheels are tricky to clean, so a good formula is vital. Here are our favourites (source: www.autoexpress.co.uk)
- Spray-On Wheel Cleaners | Consumer Reports: Consumer Reports puts spray-on wheel cleaners to the test. Read on to find the best wheel cleaners. (source: www.consumerreports.org)