Toilet bowl cleaners are an essential product for keeping your toilet clean and hygienic. Cleaning a toilet doesn’t need to be difficult either – the best toilet bowl cleaners leave your toilet spotless with minimal effort. Of course, finding a good toilet bowl is easier said than done. There is a seemingly endless selection of cleaning products to choose from, so knowing what one is best for your needs may take some research. So, if you need help finding the best toilet bowl cleaner for your bathroom, check out our handy guide below.
What are toilet bowl cleaners?
Toilet bowl cleaners are chemical products designed to clean and disinfect toilet bowls. The cleaners are typically designed to be used alongside a toilet brush. Most toilet cleaners are applied around the rim and inside of the toilet bowl, which is then scrubbed using a toilet brush. The best toilet cleaner products clear stubborn debris, remove unsightly stains and leave the toilet bowl disinfected.
Why should you buy a good toilet bowl cleaner?
The best toilet cleaners ensure germs and bacteria do not accumulate on your toilet. Given how often we use our toilets, it’s understandable that they need regular cleaning. With a good cleaner, you can easily clean your toilet bowl of nasty stains and smells. Moreover, the right toilet cleaners help with long-term maintenance, making it easier to regularly clean your toilet. They remove stains and smells, meaning you won’t need to spend hours scrubbing your toilet clean with a brush. Overall, your toilet remains clean and hygienic without any rancid odours.
How to choose the right toilet bowl cleaner in 2024?
Are you struggling to find the best toilet bowl cleaner for your bathroom? Here are some things to look out for:
- Bleach or Non-Bleach: Toilet bowl cleaners contain a wide array of chemical ingredients to kill germs and bacteria. The one ingredient that most people consider when buying toilet bowl cleaners is bleach. Bleach toilet cleaners are incredibly powerful, quickly eliminating bacteria while removing even the most stubborn stains. However, bleach can damage toilets, especially if left for too long before rinsing, potentially corroding the inside of the bowl. Non-bleach cleaners are quite strong, although lack the robust cleaning power of bleach. Still, most kill all types of germs and bacteria without the risk of damaging your toilet porcelain.
- Ease of Use: Some toilet bowl cleaners are easier to use than others, so consider how much work you want when cleaning the toilet. For example, drop-in toilet cleaners don’t need any scrubbing with a toilet brush as they automatically clean after every flush. Liquid cleaners are usually applied directly to the bowl and rim. You need to scrub these with a brush, so they do require more effort to use, although they’re incredibly effective at removing tougher stains.
- Scent: Toilets are known for their strong odours, so consider choosing a toilet bowl cleaner with a pleasant scent. While powerful cleaning agents naturally remove most nasty odours, some leave behind a strong chemical smell, especially if using bleach. The best toilet bowl cleaners offer a pleasant scent that isn’t too overwhelming. It should help mask any unwanted toilet odours, while not leaving behind a strong chemical smell.
What is the best kind of toilet bowl cleaner in the UK?
Here are some of the most popular types of toilet bowl cleaner you can buy:
- Liquid Toilet Cleaners: Liquid toilet cleaners are the most widely available. They have a thin consistency that is easy to apply to the toilet bowl, while offering exceptional cleaning properties, especially over large surface areas.
- Gel Toilet Cleaners: Gel toilet cleaners are applied directly to the bowl and slowly work to clean the surface over multiple flushes. It is great for general cleaning, removing stains and grime while leaving a shiny finish.
- Drop-In Toilet Cleaners: Drop-in toilet cleaners are placed inside of the bowl where they quickly dissolve into the water. It’s a great toilet bowl cleaner for anyone seeking low-maintenance cleaning without any scrubbing.
Top 10 list of toilet bowl cleaners in the UK (2024)
The bestseller list compares brands and their toilet bowl cleaners. Which toilet bowl cleaner is the best?
- Lemon fresh
- Activated carbon formula
- Ideal for your weekly clean
- 500ml size HG Super Powerful Toilet Cleaner: Works in under 30 minutes & leaves…
- How to use Spray HG toilet cleaner gel super powerful in a fluid motion deep under…
- Leaves the loo clean & shiny: Liquid cleaner adheres to the surface of the toilet…
- ASTONISH TOILET BOWL CLEAN TABS EUCALYPTUS FRESH 8'S 04/25 05/25
- Cleans and freshens in three easy steps with no harsh toilet cleaner smell
- Uniquely shaped neck allows for better reach under the rim, evenly coating the bowl…
- Toilet descaler removes limescale, mineral deposits and toilet ring buildup
- 1 x 1 litre bottle
- Not suitable for use on stainless steel
- Kills bacteria and attacks scale and organics even below the waterline
- 500ml size HG Toilet Cleaner hygienic gel: Works in under 30 minutes and leaves toilets…
- Easy to use loo cleaner and descaler: Spray deep under the rim of the toilet and…
- Leaves the loo clean and shiny: Liquid cleaner adheres to the surface of the toilet…
- Leaves behind a wonderful Marine scent
- Uniquely shaped neck allows for 360° toilet cleaner coverage under rim
- Thick bleach gel makes toilet bowls bright and white
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. Last Update: 2024/02/20.