Review10Best compares the best hand scrubs in the UK and selects the one by Sanctuary Spa as the best exfoliator. In a hand scrub buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different exfoliators and see a recommendation on which hand scrub to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of exfoliators, you can find the best hand scrubs and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate hand scrub buying guide
- View the hand scrub picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to exfoliators
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
If you want soft and smooth hands then helps to find the best hand scrub possible. A good quality hand scrub cleans, exfoliates, and hydrates the skin on the hands, leaving them looking and feeling better than ever, so it’s always worth taking the time and effort to find a great product.
However, with so many options to choose from, finding the best hand scrubs can be surprisingly challenging. To help you find the right product for your needs, check out the hand scrub buying guide below.
What are hand scrubs?
A hand scrub is a type of a skincare product used to exfoliate, clean, and hydrate the hands. While ingredients vary, it typically contains an exfoliator (such as salt or sugar), cleanser, and moisturiser, while some come with added fragrances that leave a pleasant aroma. The scrub is usually applied in the shower or bath, working it into later on the hands before rinsing away.
Why should you buy a good hand scrub?
A great hand scrub helps to exfoliate and cleanse the skin on our hands. This removes dead skin cells, leaving hands feeling softer and smoother, making a hand scrub a good option for anyone with rough hands. You don’t need rough hands to benefit from a hand scrub though, with the product being a great addition to your skincare routine. It’s quick and easy to use and will leave your hands feeling better than ever.
How to choose the right hand scrub?
Finding the right skincare product always comes with challenges, as there are so many products to choose from and quite a few things to consider before you buy. Here are some things to think about to help you find the best hand scrub:
- Skin Condition: Consider the condition of the skin on your hands to help you choose a suitable scrub. For example, if you have very rough skin, then you’ll want a robust scrub capable of removing more skin cells, such as one that contains an exfoliant that is coarse like sugar or salt, while sensitive skin requires gentler ingredients like charcoal.
- Ingredients: Always avoid hand scrubs with chemical ingredients, as these are likely to dry out your skin and possibly cause irritations. All-natural scrubs are popular, so it should be easy to find one with quality ingredients. Look at what exfoliant is used and how coarse it is, with sugar and salt being common options, along with crushed nuts, crystal honey, and coarse oats.
- Emollients: Other key ingredients in hand scrubs are emollients, which are used to soften and hydrate the skin, along with humectants, which help the skin retain moisture for longer to keep your hands hydrated. Various ingredients are used to achieve these effects, so look out for shea butter, cocoa butter, coconut butter, coconut oil, and jojoba oil.
What is the best kind of hand scrub in the UK?
There are several popular types of hand scrubs available to buy, often categorised by the main exfoliant used, with the best-selling options including:
- Sugar Hand Scrubs: These hand scrubs contain a type of sugar to exfoliate the skin, with the most common sugar being fine white or brown granulated sugar. These sugars gently exfoliate so are great for most skin types, not being too abrasive.
- Salt Hand Scrubs: Salt hand scrubs have more abrasive action than sugar-based scrubs, making them better suited for hands that require a lot more exfoliating to help remove skin and let the moisturising effects reach deep into the skin.
- Almond Hand Scrubs: Crushed nuts like almonds are another common exfoliant used in many hand scrubs, with the coarse texture of the nuts working great to remove dead skin cells. Like salt scrubs, they may not be the best for sensitive skin.
Top 10 list of hand scrubs in the UK (January 2021)
The top 10 list shows how brands and their hand scrubs compare. Which exfoliator is the best?
- All Sanctuary Spa products, including this hand and cuticle scrub, are microbead…
- Vitamin E moisturises the skin and helps to improve skin texture and softness. Sweet…
- This creamy and nourishing blend of naturally exfoliating sugar granules, vitamin…
- 91% naturally derived ingredients. Paraben free.
- Containing shea butter, antibacterial and healing thyme oil and blackberry extract,…
- This easily absorbed Intensive Hand Balm is infused with the refreshing fragrance…
- Contains No Parabens, Sulphates, Propylene Glycol or Mineral Oil
- Available in: 95ml, 450ml
- Skin is left feeling ultra-soft and velvet smooth
- SALT SCRUB BLENDED WITH MANGO & KIWI FRUIT OILS - Powerful dead sea minerals…
- VEGAN COSMETICS - PraNaturals vegan cosmetics are formulated with all-natural ingredients…
- BODY SCRUB FOR ALL SKIN TYPES - Especially for sensitive and dry skin. Dead Sea salt…
- Box contents: 1 x 75 mL Nourishing Hand peeling Starter Scrub
- Hands with the nourishing scrub the skin a pampering Programm like in spa or with…
- Achieve the massage this peeling caused by Kreisende motion, in order to get a effective…
- Eco-friendly and durable - the positive properties are permanent no matter how many…
- Energise - Regular exfoliation energises your body and unblock pores.
- Deep clean with a thicker texture – Regular exfoliation washes away dead surface…
- White tea extract helps fight free radicals
- Avocado Oil is ultra-hydrating
- Cupuacu butter helps restore moisture balance
- Great gift idea
- Exfoliating & moisturising
- Pure essential oils added
* Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a hand scrub test. Last Update 2021/01/26 01:48 o'clock.
Other reviews related to exfoliators